COMPLAINT - M2S spiders bleed over to neas

Gwen Ryuunami

Provider
Society
Calypso Settlers
Gwen Kathry Ryuunami
I want to complain to M2S about Araneatrox coming over to neas from their area. Once is cute, twice is amusing, three or four times one of them getting jumped from behind by a spider while TRYING to sweat to make a ped is ANNOYING. and 2 spiders appearing less than half an hour apart is a PROBLEM.

I'm only complaining because from my point of view, in the past, M2S has shown very little regard for lower level players. While societies are not obligated to be considerate to non members or to other societies and are not obligated to take take them into account when planning the mobs of a land area THEY won in the landgrab, I do wish Menace to society would show some amount of courtesy to weaker players.

Not everyone has the makings of an uber or can afford uber gear. Not everyone has the kind of budget to take on, for example, Warlocks for 24 hours straight and SCORE hof after hof after hof like they did at last year's thanksgiving migration. (Remember that if you have enough ped, anyone can be uber in this game, because they can buy skills, equipment, armor, weapons ecetera. The only thing you truely can't buy is experience in the actual game itself.)

Its a pain in the ass because from the point of view of a sweater/semidepositor BECAUSE...

1. Basic hunting tactics, hunters equip themselves according to the mobs they're setting out to kill. Neas's few hunters and swunting circles are equipped for AMBU, not spiders, there's a HUGE gap in power between Ambu and Spiders as far as difficulty goes. In addition Ambu and Spiders have only one damage type in common, impact damage. Meaning that armor protecting hunters from Ambu might not necessarily work on spiders. And even if someone is wastefull enough to sweat ambulimax in their armor, its not going to save them from the Araneatrox.

2. Neas is home to SWEATERS. These are people who are either A. Noobies hoping to build up their stats. B. Swunters equipped with opallos, cb5's, a couple of random faps and no armor! C. People who are looking to relax between hunts. Sweaters cannot defend themselves against Araneatrox, which kill in one shot rather than 2 or 3 like the ambu. Therefore letting araneatroxes spill over into neas isn't fair to the sweaters who aren't ABLE to deal with a spider. Sweaters as a rule pack light on the gear, especially in areas like neas or swamp where you don't need very much to defend yourself.

3. Not everyone is even interested in fighting araneatrox. If I wanted to mess around with spiders, I'd go to their land area and mess around with spiders. Its not fair for them to let high powered mobs into another, PUBLIC area where people might not WANT them.

Bottom line, either find some way to keep the spiders in M2S spiderweb from bleeding into Neas or MOVE them to another land area, since I noticed for example that you don't have Grand Formidon showing up at nates tp. How is neas any different?

:laugh:

Are you complaining about mob trains getting to Nea's because of a person, or that the spiders are taking a walk and getting into Nea's? If it's the first one, don't blame M2S, if it's the second one....don't go south. Problem solved.

Are you complaining about mob trains getting to Nea's because of a person, or that the spiders are taking a walk and getting into Nea's? If it's the first one, don't blame M2S, if it's the second one....don't go south. Problem solved.

They're wandering from the M2S spiderweb LA to neas. When I'm TRYING to make a few ped and get my defensive stats up a little.

Let me put it in a more personal way. The last time I had high powered weaponry (a breer m4a) at my disposal, I came VERY close to killing an ambuliamax YOUNG, but lost because my support got scared and I ran out of ammo.

I am nowhere NEAR able to being able to handle araneatrox on my own. As much as I love flexing my muscles when I have the ped to do it, as much as I tend to be curious about meeting high power mobs face to face, I don't appreciate mobs I'm not interested in fighting bleeding into a public area. What if I'd been in the wilderness taking my disciple for a tp run, on a time crunch, trying to AVOID big mobs? If that had happened at the wrong time I'd have to call off the rest of the run because of it.

Deathifier has had problems with robot spawns bleeding over into the wrong areas of TI, but he's at least actively trying to fix it so that TI goers can avoid the bots if they aren't in the mood to go after them. If Deathifier is considerate enough to try and fix a similar problem with his LA, M2S can do the same for their GD spiders bleeding into neas.

As far as I know FPC does not sell fencing? I have seen mobs leave and LA and move to other areas as long as I have been playing.

There is nothing that the LA owners can do, it is the way the game works, you would be better off opening a support ticket and asking them to change the way LAs work.

It seems like you are saying that you should be able to make money by sweating but others are not allowed to make money by using the features FPC makes available to those that own the land?

BTW - you can't just move DNA from one LA to another.

You're kidding me! thats a REALLY stupid way to design a system. Maybe they can lower the spawn level so that the spiders don't overflow from their area?

It seems like you are saying that you should be able to make money by sweating but others are not allowed to make money by using the features FPC makes available to those that own the land?

Its a matter of a difference in POWER. M2S is, I hear, very selective about the skill levels they look for in a recruit. The kind of hunters that deal in high level mobs like Araneatrox are able to profit off of making them. The kind of players that frequent neas aren't. I don't appreciate uber mobs getting into a not uber area, period.

If someone lead a train of spiders into neas, I'd be ripping the individual a new one and finding some way to beat the shit out of them. I'd be screaming and kicking and hiding in the trailer begging for someone to help me get to the tp to escape. I am appealing to the better nature of m2s' leaders to be considerate and tone it down.

good god,i though the sweatpricethreads were bad enough,now this.....really..i mean..you are seriuously suggesting an la-owner moves his mobs so sweaters can sweat on an la not even his ???

you can sweat any place at calypso..you should move

As far as I know FPC does not sell fencing? I have seen mobs leave and LA and move to other areas as long as I have been playing.

There is nothing that the LA owners can do, it is the way the game works, you would be better off opening a support ticket and asking them to change the way LAs work.

Nor can you control where they will spawn.
This complaint should not be geared toward the LA owner at all. If you want to get a change you will need to talk to MA about it I'm afraid.

Indeed, as others have said already, LA owner can't be hold responsible at all in this case. They can't control where the mobs spawn or where they move after that. And if they try to move DNA it would just get destroyed.

So the only suggestion would be to find another spot for your sweating activities, N side should be pretty good as well.

Yes, please lower the spawn for the many, many spider hunters that frequent your LA, paying taxes, contributing to the loot pool .. so you can accomodate a handful of sweaters who wander from the TP area and die, then have to start their free activity over.

I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Today's threads are pretty priceless !! :D

Cab Weighs In

Bottom line, either find some way to keep the spiders in M2S spiderweb from bleeding into Neas or MOVE them to another land area, since I noticed for example that you don't have Grand Formidon showing up at nates tp. How is neas any different?

Sorry to hear about the little ones slipping off the LA and seeking food so near a TP. From what I understand about Araneatrox, their brains are quite small and don't hold alot information. So telling them to mind their manners isn't going to work out too well.

I will pass this up the line but, I really don't believe much can be done about this situation.

Have some fun and sweat one. Better yet, kill one, who knows it could be the next ATH.

Thanks for the heads up on the Grand Formidon, they do listen and understand, so look out Nates!

I hear Swamp camp is better for gaining defensive skills - although, people have been known to drag a spider there on occasion too :(

:D

Asking here is useless. I suggest making a government made with sweaters, hunters and miners to try to make an arrangement with M2S.

Who is with me?

ok first you complain to MA, they have not allowed us to craft tissues yet and you are in desperate need of one.

Sorry to hear about the little ones slipping off the LA and seeking food so near a TP. From what I understand about Araneatrox, their brains are quite small and don't hold alot information. So telling them to mind their manners isn't going to work out too well.

I knew the Finishing School for young Araneatrox was a complete waste of peds, tsk tsk.

Then can't MA do something about it?

good god,i though the sweatpricethreads were bad enough,now this.....really..i mean..you are seriuously suggesting an la-owner moves his mobs so sweaters can sweat on an la not even his ???

i'm not talking about sweaters in the spider LA and taking OVER, I'm talking about spiders moving into a public area where they're a nusince. I don't go near uber land areas unprepared for the consequences, I'm not that STUPID.

Furthermore, since when has a landowner profited off of a mob that kills everything that comes near it before blundering into the turret? OFF the land they're supposed to be on. Those spiders kill every sweater they can get their claws on, then follow the ambu that still have sweat in them to the turret and DIE. There's no profit for M2S if their mobs are too strong to be killed or blunder into a turret, hell, they don't even get ped for one that runs into the turret on their OWN land.

Its one thing on Eudoria where there is very little control over the mobs and its entirely in MA's ballpark. If araneatrox were appearing at swamp I would go to MA and whine to them. (I hate swamp by the way because of the beggers and utter CHAOS that rules there.) The point of having an LA is that the players can control the mobs and make a profit off it too! I emphasize again, the purpose of a land area is to CONTROL THE MOBS to the benefit of the owners.

And you SHOULD be concerned about the price of sweat, because its a stepping stone for new players and for those who aren't FINANCIALLY ENDOWED enough to spend thousands of dollars of USD chipping in skills and paying top price for gear. But sweat prices are neither here nor there. The point is these mobs are wandering off the right landarea into a public space they aren't wanted on. If M2S can't stop it then mindark should refine the controls for the land areas in their next VU and make it a priority! I love this game but goddmnit I hate being blindsided by a mob that shouldn't be where it is! If I wanted to hunt araneatrox I'd blow my RL savings on the skills and gear to kill them!

Yes, please lower the spawn for the many, many spider hunters that frequent your LA, paying taxes, contributing to the loot pool .. so you can accomodate a handful of sweaters who wander from the TP area and die, then have to start their free activity over.

I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Today's threads are pretty priceless !!

The swunt groups go over to the spider LA, THEY pay taxes, ever since M2S took that place over I haven't made a dime off swunting on it and the swunt group leaders won't move the swunt BACK to neas LA where they could MAKE some ped swunting.

I WILL lodge a complaint with MA. What is it with you uber assholes and sweaters? Not all sweaters are beggers, some are ordinary folk too poor to deposit more than a couple times each year. not everyone can afford to pour their life savings into a game. I barely have enough to pay my utilities and buy essentials like detergent, and soap, and shampoo, and things like toilet paper and that kind of thing. I can't even afford to replace parts of my computer that BREAK!

Last edited:
i'm not talking about sweaters in the spider LA and taking OVER, I'm talking about spiders moving into a public area where they're a nusince. I don't go near uber land areas unprepared for the consequences, I'm not that STUPID.

Apparently you do. If you weren't near then the spiders wouldn't get you.

Just go the east side of the ambu LA and you'll be fine.

Things change every now and then in EU - you must learn to adapt, and being able to do so will improve much more than your sweating :)

I had to - rep on this one big time. It's bad enough that sweaters had to take over Nea's from the poor LA owner. Now they want to start affecting other LA's next to it. You bastards are parasites on the Ambulimax LA, causing lag that keeps hunters away and running dry mobs into the turrets. All you do is cost the LA owner there money for fertilizer to continue spawning new mobs after you turret them. Take your leach whinging somewhere else. :mad:

Edit: .. and that LA is NOT a public area as noted above. It's a PRIVATELY OWNED LA you LEACH from... make that understood!!!!

why don't you just tower the spiders?

if they're coming in from the south they're bound to be youngs. They're rather slow so you could run them quite far before they reach you

Apparently you do. If you weren't near then the spiders wouldn't get you.

Just go the east side of the ambu LA and you'll be fine.

Things change every now and then in EU - you must learn to adapt, and being able to do so will improve much more than your sweating

I was NOT Oleg! I was with the rest of the group of sweaters. I was within sight of the little blue ship! I wasn't wandering onto their area. And it happened twice in an hour! The thing tore into the crowd of sweaters, knocked out me and two or three other people out and then lead the ambu to the turret and died. Then another did the same thing half an hour later. It ran right up behind me and killed me!

Learning to adapt is one thing, not having the money to adapt is another animal entirely! What do you want me to do to survive, beg?

Last edited:
just putting in some perspective:

if you get to complain about AI spiders seeping into other places, then i get to complain about the price of sweat 24/7/365.

Learning to adapt is one thing, not having the money to adapt is another animal entirely! What do you want me to do to survive, beg?

No... but you could be considerate enough to realize and know that you are on someone's private property when you are at Nea's. That when you are sweating there you are affecting the Land Owner's income drastically by pushing away hunters with your lag and running up his costs in fertilizer. A private Land Area for wich this person paid a LOT of money for and now has to suffer the abuse of it from so many sweaters.

What you can easily do is go back to Eudoria. There are plenty of PUBLIC areas to sweat there. Sweat Camp comes to mind. Instead of doing so though, you've chosen to impose on someone else at great cost to them. Now you have the audacity to bitch and complain about it and go so far as to tell other Land Owners they need to change there lands for you. Do you realize how asinine you sound?

If you think my posts show a lack of respect for you, you should consider showing a little respect to the Land Owners you impose on. Take your sweating back to Eudoria and you won't have these problems.

I was hunting those Spiders earlier... they seemed rather upset... and your name was mentioned. I would be on the lookout if I were you :wise:

Seriously... they are not out to get you. There is nothing M2S can do to control the mobs that spawn on their LA. If the Spiders wander into the Ambu area, then they wander. Chances are, it was some miner running along the LA edge that attracted them in the first place. That is just how it works... mobs, once they spawn, will walk around.

No conspiracy here. This sounds a lot like complaining about shark attacks - if you do not like sharks, you should not go into the water.

Truth be told, I wouldn't be so upset over the spiders getting into neas if the price of sweat weren't suffering. What is it that the "uber" players have against sweaters/semi depositers?

I'm not some begger, believe me if I had the money to spend on the game I would, my fingers are itching to get their hands on a riker and my armor's in holes, and the loot on low level mobs is shit.

The reason why I GET so aggressive about sweat and sweating areas is that its not like I can afford to chip in fancy skills and spend thousands of dollars on gear. I'm on disability benefits, the cost of living is skyrocketing and the economy is down in general. I can't afford to deposit more than 2 or 3 times a year. I'm not a begger I'm financially FRUGAL.

And if I'm one person who can't afford to deposit, there's got to be more. Get it? I'm not razing this kind of fuss to be stupid, I'm raising it because I'm POOR and want to shoot computerized monsters on an animated screen in a game that advertizes free to play!

I've launched a complaint with MA over the araneatrox, but I'm pissed off at the antipathy I just got. You guys used to help non depositors, you never demonized sweaters who wanted a fair price before the price started dropping.

And swamp camp drives me INSANE. I only deal with the place if I"m trying to pick up a disciple or I'm desperate!

Truth be told, I wouldn't be so upset over the spiders getting into neas if the price of sweat weren't suffering. What is it that the "uber" players have against sweaters/semi depositers?

I'm not some begger, believe me if I had the money to spend on the game I would, my fingers are itching to get their hands on a riker and my armor's in holes, and the loot on low level mobs is shit.

The reason why I GET so aggressive about sweat and sweating areas is that its not like I can afford to chip in fancy skills and spend thousands of dollars on gear. I'm on disability benefits, the cost of living is skyrocketing and the economy is down in general. I can't afford to deposit more than 2 or 3 times a year. I'm not a begger I'm financially FRUGAL.

And if I'm one person who can't afford to deposit, there's got to be more. Get it? I'm not razing this kind of fuss to be stupid, I'm raising it because I'm POOR and want to shoot computerized monsters on an animated screen in a game that advertizes free to play!

I've launched a complaint with MA over the araneatrox, but I'm pissed off at the antipathy I just got. You guys used to help non depositors, you never demonized sweaters who wanted a fair price before the price started dropping.

What I'm demonizing is not sweaters, its self-serving, inconsiderate jerks who have the audacity to impose financialy on fellow gamers as though they were owed something and then bitch about it.

I've helped and continue to help both new players and old players that still sweat. I've spent many hours and ped of my own to heal and focus sweaters out by PA Mall. I have no problems with them at all and enjoy the time often.

What you are doing though is imposing on someones land and income and now trying to file complaints to MindArk against these land owners who have spent a lot to acquire them. You make me sick. I hope you realize where that complaint is headed. It's going straight to the "recycle bin" with no hope of getting out. These land owners have spent a LOT to acquire these lands and have no reason to answer to your personal desires what so ever.

Nea's land owner was kind enough to drop his complaint to MindArk a long time ago to remove you sweaters from his LA because you were affecting his income so much. He allowed for a compromise and had an additional revive terminal added further north. You should be a little more grateful that he was so generous as to take the sweating community into consideration as he did.

Stop with your selfish acts. You have plenty of other options to sweat other then continuing to impose on land owners. The fact that you filed a complaint shows me you have no clue about the affects of your actions. MindArk is more likely to find a way to stop sweating from working on those LA's then they would to tell these Land Owners they need to change there spawns because of sweaters.

You really need to get a clue.

You are taking this personally and it is not. Spiders do not attack only you. They are highly aggresive mobs and will attack anyone. This is not about "ubers" having something against sweaters. If ubers could control Spiders, rest assured there would be 100 Spiders at the oil rig daily.

No one is faulting you for your choice of how you play EU. Just keep in mind... choices come with consequences. If you choose to sweat Ambu on the south side of Nea's, you will be close to Spiders.

And swamp camp drives me INSANE. I only deal with the place if I"m trying to pick up a disciple or I'm desperate!

I honestly do not think your complaint will amount to anything. However, I would like to see the reply from support when you get one. Curiosity you see. Regarding the antipathy, keep in mind how this is seen from another point of view. It looks a lot like this:

"I want to sweat Ambu at Nea's. The Spiders from the M2S landarea keep attacking me. Please MA, stop whatever you are doing and address this now! I am trying to play your game for free (without deposting). Those rich ubers put those Spiders there just to ruin my sweating experience at Nea's. Although I am aware that I could simply go to the east side of Nea's to avoid the border with the Spider LA, I will continue to sweat Ambu on the Southwest side."

Just as you choose to play without depositing (which is perfectly fine with me btw) you also choose what you do ingame. Until Spiders can be tamed and forced to dance (and advertise), expect to be chased by them. That is what Spiders do.

Just offering a little advice and a different viewpoint. Best of luck out there.

One reason the spider bleed over is because there are some not so nice people out there who like to pick them up and run them to the TP to be jerks.

This is hilarious :)

dancing spiders (facefaults at the mental images and claws at eyes) I have a RL spider phobia that image is just....... AAAAACK MY EYES ARE GONNA BURN, NOW I'M THINKING OF BIG ASS SPIDERS IN FRILLY PINK TUTUS! Saaaaave meeeee from the mental images!

Back