Complete, Full-Scale retexturing of all existing structures on calypso.

Chronophobe

Guardian
Society
Shaolin
Chronophobe Slaiine Faitheal
Shops, apartments, all buildings look horrendous and are quite frankly an eye-sore. This needs to be addressed. Things like the UI are in line with the same idea, to make things more appealing to the eye. In my opinion, new players, especially the younger generation who have become used to beautiful graphics in the other games they play, will never take EU seriously once they look at any apartment or shop texture in world. Even other games created around the time EU started up have much nicer textures. It is literally the main reason why I have never considered buying a shop or apartment in world. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Facelift time please.

have u seen the clothes? :duh:

literally they have same mold for dozens of clothes, and they fail even to chose the right color when they "change something", and changes occurred years ago.

i.e. : top of the top and pride of the pride for the series ND managed to produce. i want to have them IRL if possible, love them to the moon and back
NOOB Trucker Hat (C)
I Am My Avatar Trucker Hat (C)
LOL Trucker Hat (C)
Super Trucker Hat (C)
Smile Time Trucker Hat (C)
Wink Trucker Hat (C)
WTF Trucker Hat (C)

for fuck sake i can see a sentence there : "yo NOOB, i m my own avatar, LOL, ... super smile & wink? ?".....WTF

that so called planet RT, is the worst example i have ever encounter, the lack of imagination and rush to use all "by default graph" they could find for nonworking effort., is like u stumbled into a 1$ Chinese shop and toke what came to your hand first. But not my place to point out how "artwork" is expressed and evaluated.

check this out: i.e. - from old timer to modern days, such a splendid evolution on design and appearance, fuck Milano and Paris
Urban Nomad Centurion Coat
Master Coat (C)
Storm Coat Charcoal

Beside the fact no1 in his right mind, ever ware those nonsense's and this is for , in my opinion 90% of EU clothes ( mostly old timers ) and not only u look like u shopped from a second hand clothes bazaar, but the bazaar hasn't been open for the past 10 years.

one more thing before i start to say something rude for those who did the effort and think they are designers, beside few who are traders and use mostly clothes, umm most of the hunters use armor all the time staring at their own asses during hunting and only thing they can use form a wardrobe is the coat, maybe some glasses if they r lucky to not have some specific helmets.

....and they call it Sci-Fi MMORPG game...... if anyone did see any SCY-FI at least one single fking time PLEASE point me fwd to buy those exquisite clothing.

literally they have same mold for dozens of clothes, and they fail even to chose the right color when they "change something", and changes occurred years ago.

i.e. : top of the top and pride of the pride for the series ND managed to produce. i want to have them IRL if possible, love them to the moon and back
NOOB Trucker Hat (C)
I Am My Avatar Trucker Hat (C)
LOL Trucker Hat (C)
Super Trucker Hat (C)
Smile Time Trucker Hat (C)
Wink Trucker Hat (C)
WTF Trucker Hat (C)

for fuck sake i can see a sentence there : "yo NOOB, i m my own avatar, LOL, ... super smile & wink? ?".....WTF

that so called planet RT, is the worst example i have ever encounter, the lack of imagination and rush to use all "by default graph" they could find for nonworking effort., is like u stumbled into a 1$ Chinese shop and toke what came to your hand first. But not my place to point out how "artwork" is expressed and evaluated.

check this out: i.e. - from old timer to modern days, such a splendid evolution on design and appearance, fuck Milano and Paris
Urban Nomad Centurion Coat
Master Coat (C)
Storm Coat Charcoal

Beside the fact no1 in his right mind, ever ware those nonsense's and this is for , in my opinion 90% of EU clothes ( mostly old timers ) and not only u look like u shopped from a second hand clothes bazaar, but the bazaar hasn't been open for the past 10 years.

one more thing before i start to say something rude for those who did the effort and think they are designers, beside few who are traders and use mostly clothes, umm most of the hunters use armor all the time staring at their own asses during hunting and only thing they can use form a wardrobe is the coat, maybe some glasses if they r lucky to not have some specific helmets.

....and they call it Sci-Fi MMORPG game...... if anyone did see any SCY-FI at least one single fking time PLEASE point me fwd to buy those exquisite clothing.

Agree 100%. The textures overall are atrocious, and the same models for clothing are copy and pasted over and over. Everything looks like it was done by a first timer with not an ounce of creativity or love, or even interest. All textures in game need some serious love. For so long everything has looked so shabby and cheap.

Last edited:
In all honesty I love clothes and have spent considerable time and money on my wardrobe in EU. I also agree that some of the textures and clothes are a bit old fashioned. However, I would much rather MA concentrated on fixing the bug issues that directly affect game play as this is much more important than the aesthetics of the game. Incidentally, regarding younger and new players, lets try and keep them away from the game. If they are serious about playing then a few textures wont bother them. There are nice clothes and textures in EU if you know what to look for and combine, look at some of Bonnie's outfits which always look great. This is not fortnite where skins seems to be the developers main source of income.

Hahaha - you dislike my comments, for what reason ?? Did I speak the truth, your average EU player will run in safe mode if it makes the game run smoother. Serious players here are in it for the RCE element, the lack of end game and the community of players. Games don't have to have the latest graphics. My son who is in his early twenties has been playing Runescape for 10 years, he cares not a jot about the graphics even though he has a high end gaming computer. EU is all about the specific gameplay which you cant find anywhere else. I can't imagine anything worse than a bunch of teenagers flooding the game. We come here to get away from the stuff. Let them stick to GTA and Fornite and when they mature maybe then they can come and play a real game. My best advice to Chronophobe is if you dont like the graphics, dont play the game, no one is forcing you to. Both my children hate EU, they say it is boring and repetitive, which is fine by me.

In all honesty I love clothes and have spent considerable time and money on my wardrobe in EU. I also agree that some of the textures and clothes are a bit old fashioned. However, I would much rather MA concentrated on fixing the bug issues that directly affect game play as this is much more important than the aesthetics of the game. Incidentally, regarding younger and new players, lets try and keep them away from the game. If they are serious about playing then a few textures wont bother them. There are nice clothes and textures in EU if you know what to look for and combine, look at some of Bonnie's outfits which always look great. This is not fortnite where skins seems to be the developers main source of income.
Graphic artists are not those who fix bugs, so they could for sure fix a lot of these things.

Good point in the original post, structures look a little dull.
But I think interesting content and mechanics > graphics.
MA needs to think which one helps with player retention and growing the playerbase.

If you wrapped a shit with a fancy paper, its still shit.

With the advances in texturing, texture optimization, materials, and so many other things available out of the box in most game engine software they do need updates across the board. It might even make the game run better if done correctly.

Y'all do understand how many hours (as in months) of work that would be, yes?

As far as all the older apartment buildings, they appear to be all the same. You design one floor and then stack.

idk what u have in your inventory, but might be the case for the 10% i already mentioned,

tho......

in 15 years, for fuck sake , 15 years no1 cared to improve this side of the game, not to mention augment it, or perfect it ( now that al things tend to be on 5 layers from adj to perf ) , all this time , to bring inside the game content to make ppl pay over and over again for new things that require more textures and colors for more and more shapes ....meaning MU and more MU...from crafting activity to mining, all together to work out new designs. ...Economy..RCE does anyone see the point here?

i understand the need for fixing things that are unfixed or delayed for years, but still, are many ways to give the community some part of this weight if is the case , make some contests, tell ppl in what graph extension to give the propositions........ do something,

i cant even brag about things like clothes in this game, no matter what i chose to ware.......

btw dod anyone saw other games and how many SCY-FI ideas are around the world?

mu 2 pecs

Hahaha - you dislike my comments, for what reason ?? Did I speak the truth, your average EU player will run in safe mode if it makes the game run smoother. Serious players here are in it for the RCE element, the lack of end game and the community of players. Games don't have to have the latest graphics. My son who is in his early twenties has been playing Runescape for 10 years, he cares not a jot about the graphics even though he has a high end gaming computer. EU is all about the specific gameplay which you cant find anywhere else. I can't imagine anything worse than a bunch of teenagers flooding the game. We come here to get away from the stuff. Let them stick to GTA and Fornite and when they mature maybe then they can come and play a real game. My best advice to Chronophobe is if you dont like the graphics, dont play the game, no one is forcing you to. Both my children hate EU, they say it is boring and repetitive, which is fine by me.
I disliked your comment because I don't agree we need to keep new people away from game. This is a suggestion\wishlist thread. This is not where you come in and shout "BUT FIX THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU FIX THAT GUY'S IDEA". To start telling people to go and play other games if they are not happy with something they have mentioned is not really required. You either like the post or don't. You could have stopped after " In all honesty I love clothes and have spent considerable time and money on my wardrobe in EU. I also agree that some of the textures and clothes are a bit old fashioned ". That would have been all that was necessary, and it would have been a constructive opinion.

Last edited:
As far as all the older apartment buildings, they appear to be all the same. You design one floor and then stack.

This is one area where maybe this idea is worth it. There are a lot of deeds sitting with Marcus or in inactive accounts now held by MA. Make these more appealing to start selling more so MA has money to work with on hiring more support.

Otherwise though, we just had a texture update not too long ago. In general though, chasing graphics can quickly be a time and money sink, so I can see why it would generally be avoided.

This is a suggestion\wishlist thread.

sorry mate i dont try to hijack your thread, just one last intervention pls

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

this is a 10 mins search on the googoo

just sayin'

Going to start by saying that I agree with the OP in that the updating some of the older models could really help aesthetically enhance the place, but I do know so many who run with things so low, or have no time/dont care to stand and stare at the view. Would it be a decent time/cost vs outcome thing, Is there limits as to what this current engine can do regarding replicating ultra new games?

Anyway, my point was to quote tBanna ?

I am with you, there is a load of reused crap, and some really badly made stuff around. Dunno how folk would feel if you re-worked their old clothes though! Maybe best just focussing on making better models going forward?

in my opinion 90% of EU clothes ( mostly old timers ) and not only u look like u shopped from a second hand clothes bazaar, but the bazaar hasn't been open for the past 10 years

Sometimes, but I don't necessarily think its a bad thing if people want to dress a little bit more eccentric here than they might dare irl. There are business suits, black slacks etc if they want to be more "normal" but let them wear a mankini and an alien head if they so fancy it :)

Buuuuttt..... there is also some really well done things too. I dont for one second call myself a designer and not a trader so no horse in this race, I just love the clothes and working out combinations. I am a hunter, every armour set I use is paired with an outfit, or several outfits in most cases. I wont bore you with lots of pics, but there are some really gorgeous combinations, ofc though, it has to be your thing. Although many may think clothes in an rce are frivolous, I see some very dapper avatars out there.

Finally RCE the Sci Fi point, there are newer items working that way. This "group" is from toulan, Next island and Calypso. Looks quite Sci FI to me ;) (No Full sets yet, so I am sure it will look better in the coming months :) )

100% agree, there are some outdated stuff, but just like IRL some people like them! and would be pissed if their item got nerfed. I have no idea re the bugs vs aesthetics so not qualified to comment, but appreciate the kind words :)

Last edited:
idk what u have in your inventory, but might be the case for the 10% i already mentioned,

tho......

in 15 years, for fuck sake , 15 years no1 cared to improve this side of the game, not to mention augment it, or perfect it ( now that al things tend to be on 5 layers from adj to perf ) , all this time , to bring inside the game content to make ppl pay over and over again for new things that require more textures and colors for more and more shapes ....meaning MU and more MU...from crafting activity to mining, all together to work out new designs. ...Economy..RCE does anyone see the point here?

i understand the need for fixing things that are unfixed or delayed for years, but still, are many ways to give the community some part of this weight if is the case , make some contests, tell ppl in what graph extension to give the propositions........ do something,

i cant even brag about things like clothes in this game, no matter what i chose to ware.......

btw dod anyone saw other games and how many SCY-FI ideas are around the world?

mu 2 pecs

Enough said, there are so many professions and details in this game that need refining, yet, all we see is new spawns for the select few to cycle some more :D I guess this is the end result of this game: Mayhems for boxes and rings; new spawns for you to try and get something vs those who can solo the content with high eff and take the waves :D

Old game feels soooooo OLD!!

Anyway, my point was to quote tBanna ?

1 : I am with you, there is a load of reused crap, and some really badly made stuff around. Dunno how folk would feel if you re-worked their old clothes though! Maybe best just focussing on making better models going forward?

2: Sometimes, but I don't necessarily think its a bad thing if people want to dress a little bit more eccentric here than they might dare irl. There are business suits, black slacks etc if they want to be more "normal" but let them wear a mankini and an alien head if they so fancy it :)

3: Buuuuttt..... there is also some really well done things too. I dont for one second call myself a designer and not a trader so no horse in this race, I just love the clothes and working out combinations. I am a hunter, every armour set I use is paired with an outfit, or several outfits in most cases. I wont bore you with lots of pics, but there are some really gorgeous combinations, ofc though, it has to be your thing. Although many may think clothes in an rce are frivolous, I see some very dapper avatars out there.

4: Finally RCE the Sci Fi point, there are newer items working that way. This "group" is from toulan, Next island and Calypso. Looks quite Sci FI to me ;) (No Full sets yet, so I am sure it will look better in the coming months :) )

5: 100% agree, there are some outdated stuff, but just like IRL some people like them! and would be pissed if their item got nerfed. I have no idea re the bugs vs aesthetics so not qualified to comment, but appreciate the kind words :)

:D i was expecting u here :tiphat:

i might be confusing sometimes, someone told me to not think English in my native way , and i see this more and more stuck to my habit :))

so:
1 i was thinking not reworking it in the classic way, but more like reuse the existing ones ( for those who want to get rid of them ) as part of the refining process ( works for pills, 5b's, 6a's ), and YASSS, that is the way, make each year new models, could be just 1 set of clothes each year, completely new male and female set.

2. agree, free will and a choice to have the old ones for collection or to express themselves this way as they like. If u aske me i would let ppl have more slots to stack more clothes, or a way to make priority on wearing them, i did mentioned once this to be able to ware a skin over the armor.

3. maybe 10% good and 90% bad ( in my perception ) was a bit exaggerate, indulge me pls , that's how artists work usually :)), and btw i saw your fingerprint in clothing, quite an effort, not bad :))

4. Yeah i avoided to name those planets cause i see there an effort to improve this sector, is a change and i can only appreciate it.

5. regarding the OP here i can only ask, for a default system to display clothes inside properties, and i m not thinking at those mannequins, .... are plenty ideas around the universe to do that and not charge the owner 1 item/slot for it.

cheers !

I agree with the sentiment, but the truth is that there are about 100 things that they need to do first that are more important

You are telling us you don't want new players, especially young ? Read your posts again and then ask yourself why downvote.

I have high end pc that runs entropia at 30 fps on medium details after 2 hours of playing, there is bug behind every single corner, idk how you expect economy to grow without influx of new players.

At Sulje, do you really believe that this game would ever attract a younger player base. I have two sons, one is in his mid twenties and one is in his mid teens. They have watched me play every day for 9 years. They both say the game is too boring and grindy for them. Both sons are avid gamers and I watch the behaviours and messages of the people playing the games they play and I would not want those people in game. My elder son says that he kind of gets EU but he is not mature enough or wealthy enough to play EU. We have some soc members in their late twenties and earlier thirties but this game is mainly aimed at an older crowd. Do you really want a bunch of whinny kids posting crap comments or sexual innuendo in Rookie chat, it's bad enough with the comments from the grown ups. Careful what you wish for.

At Sulje, do you really believe that this game would ever attract a younger player base. I have two sons, one is in his mid twenties and one is in his mid teens. They have watched me play every day for 9 years. They both say the game is too boring and grindy for them. Both sons are avid gamers and I watch the behaviours and messages of the people playing the games they play and I would not want those people in game. My elder son says that he kind of gets EU but he is not mature enough or wealthy enough to play EU. We have some soc members in their late twenties and earlier thirties but this game is mainly aimed at an older crowd. Do you really want a bunch of whinny kids posting crap comments or sexual innuendo in Rookie chat, it's bad enough with the comments from the grown ups. Careful what you wish for.

We disagree at all levels, no point of making this conversation go any further.

I don't know about you, but I am old enough now that when I say "younger generation", I am talking about people in their early thirties. Very few teenagers would be playing this game.

Just jumped in here to give the OP an idea of how many years he will be bumping this thread and STILL NOTHING WILL BE DONE.

Started a thread on 21st January 2011:
Ideas to improve society terminal | PlanetCalypsoForum

Continued the thread on 30th July 2015:
Ideas to improve society terminal (Part 2) | PlanetCalypsoForum

What year is it? 2021 :) (How many ideas implemented? - 1 - removing terminal. No addition, just removal :) )

It is USELESS posting anything. It should be a sticky here on the forum that its a waste of time posting ANY IDEAS. WHY?
Because instead we get BATTLE SIMULATOR :D (NO ONE ASKED FOR).

You just have to accept what EU is. MA is a shitty company, and thats the way it is. And thats the way it will stay. But we still play cause there is no RCE alternative.
When I started in 2006 I was like: DAMN this game has so much potential, wonder what its going to be in 10 years - I loved the atmosphere, music, sky, cities it had. Like no other game I've played before. Well 15 years have passed, and that atmosphere was destroyed year by year... Sad...

IT IT WAT IT IT :) Adapt or Die

Just jumped in here to give the OP an idea of how many years he will be bumping this thread and STILL NOTHING WILL BE DONE.

Started a thread on 21st January 2011:
Ideas to improve society terminal | PlanetCalypsoForum

Continued the thread on 30th July 2015:
Ideas to improve society terminal (Part 2) | PlanetCalypsoForum

What year is it? 2021 :) (How many ideas implemented? - 1 - removing terminal. No addition, just removal :) )

It is USELESS posting anything. It should be a sticky here on the forum that its a waste of time posting ANY IDEAS. WHY?
Because instead we get BATTLE SIMULATOR :D (NO ONE ASKED FOR).

You just have to accept what EU is. MA is a shitty company, and thats the way it is. And thats the way it will stay. But we still play cause there is no RCE alternative.
When I started in 2006 I was like: DAMN this game has so much potential, wonder what its going to be in 10 years - I loved the atmosphere, music, sky, cities it had. Like no other game I've played before. Well 15 years have passed, and that atmosphere was destroyed year by year... Sad...

IT IT WAT IT IT :) Adapt or Die
sadly, those were excellent ideas for the terminals. Mind boggling that some of them were never implemented.

MindBoggling Annoying's Project Brokendown Planets

To get back to the buildings. Make them customizable adding textures and paints for example
- apartments (ceiling, walls, floor fields)
- large apartments (every room has their fields)
- houses (everyroom has their fleds, external walls, roof)
- shops same like for apartments
- multi room shops same like large apartments
- shopping booth (bench and roof/tent fields)

I totally agree - I wish we had better wall texture and fix the interior lighting glitches.

Here are some examples of some of the player estates in EU:

Arkadia -

Calypso -

Monria -

Toulan -

FOMA -

will try to do the rest of the planets one day :D

Back