Complete Iron missions with PED's Option

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
Before i start, the feature i suggest is meant as a fully optional way to complete iron missions and shouldn't interfere with them in any way.

The Idea :

"bribe" the mission broker with peds to complete your iron challenge. The free is dynamic and as more points/kills are left to grind as higher the free to complete it with "bribing". The difficulty of the mob and its Hp also play a role how big the fee is to "blitz" it. So the fee for killing 100 puny mobs is lower than killing 100 proteon.

Mindark need to put food on their tables and if anyone wish to skip the last 2k of 10k mobs on a difficult mission so why not let him buy it ?

lets see... the iron trox ... the fifth part.
10 000 kill ... lets say they have 1500 hp, at a 2.9 damage per pec, that require 5.17 ped by kill. planning on a 90% return, that would cost 5 7xx ped to skip it entierelly. And you get no skills ,no gloal, no hof...
Well...i won't.

Last edited:
i wonder why there are so many stupid ideas lately...

Usually ideas such as these are indicative of people grasping at ways to get ahead, profit, progress. The wilder the idea, the more reflective of the challenge to achieve the objective.

I'm also sure some of it is to come up with small tweaks to improve the game so that it is small enough for mindark to actually implement something that, at least for the moment, isn't to remove chunks of peds from the game rather than stimulate transactions between players, the original allure of the game.

These would be the cases I would expect the "president" of entropia to be bringing up rather than trying to advance his pay to tp idea.

Contracts... need mindark to allow folks to rent out quests to one another, etc. If you just wanna hunt one mob type forever you'd buy the quests for that mob off of others... it'd be first phase of factories down the road

If you want to buy the skills with peds, why not just use the auction?

Why even bother to play Entropia? Why not just go dump your $ in a slotmachine?

Maybe they should introduce a terminal in Thule, which allows you to pay 1M PED for a HoF message to everyone saying "XXX has completed Entropia!"

You could even make it repeatable.

Usually ideas such as these are indicative of people grasping at ways to get ahead, profit, progress. The wilder the idea, the more reflective of the challenge to achieve the objective.

I'm also sure some of it is to come up with small tweaks to improve the game so that it is small enough for mindark to actually implement something that, at least for the moment, isn't to remove chunks of peds from the game rather than stimulate transactions between players, the original allure of the game.

These would be the cases I would expect the "president" of entropia to be bringing up rather than trying to advance his pay to tp idea.

Laughed myself to death on that last one... ND might be off his rocker lately.. :laugh:

But yeah.. every huge implementation done by MA in the last two years has had the effects of reducing markup output across every profession.. Really there isn't much left to hunt, mine, or craft for other than hunting for guns/esi and mining for the lucky mega-hof. Crafting is just fucking dead so I won't cover that.

EU is losing its appeal... There's no longer a chance for prosperity with good knowledge and tactics.. but rather if you want to do well it's "depo ped, buy this gun, this amp, this fap, and these rings so you can TT profit."

Sort of sad that there isn't much to aspire to anymore. EU can be won if you have $50k USD to invest.

I can see a logic if that can be achieved with tokens that already exist in-game. Every mission could have an option to be completed with that way. So some of us could grind only for tokens to sell for MU!
Everyone happy that way :)

Contracts... need mindark to allow folks to rent out quests to one another, etc. If you just wanna hunt one mob type forever you'd buy the quests for that mob off of others... it'd be first phase of factories down the road

I think selling quests-in-progress isn't too far fetched, I mean everything else is for sale including skills.
Only sticking point is for finished quests how would player transfer any items/skills too? :scratch2:

Why even bother to play Entropia? Why not just go dump your $ in a slotmachine?

Maybe they should introduce a terminal in Thule, which allows you to pay 1M PED for a HoF message to everyone saying "XXX has completed Entropia!"

You could even make it repeatable.

You joke but if mindark sold pills that set off a hof Swirl for say 10ped, people would buy and use them...hell I might have on many occasions...

You joke but if mindark sold pills that set off a hof Swirl for say 10ped, people would buy and use them...hell I might have on many occasions...

oh yeah you know someone will use that 10ped pill to shoot a chirpy for a 5 ped "global" and the lols! :yup:

Last edited:

I like this idea.

Along the lines of this and the original idea; it might be nice to have an option whereby regardless of the dmg of my team mates I always get the kill point for the mission, perhaps this could be in exchange for a percentage of my personal pool from each mob killed. As an incentive to give up the kill point.

I would really like to see the missions more team friendly, maybe fractional kill points distributed by %damage. I'm not keen on the terminology of "bribes" per se but I think it would be good to be able to barter for these things.

The whole thing (and a lot of the responses) seem to miss the point of a solo hunting challenge.

It's supposed to be a personal challenge. If the mission is too easy for you, then either don't do it or find a creative, fast way (e.g. rockets on fouls). If the mission is too hard for you, then skill up & gear up.

Paying MA, paying other players, hunting in teams & getting full points for <50% damage all point towards people not being good enough to do the challenge.

Of course... that's why some nights I go hunt high HP mobs - but at least there is a challenge in that (skills, gear).

MA could just allow hunting bots...

From the above 2 replies it stands to reason that skills shouldn't be sellable either.

And many posts say they're not worth selling anyways, so no-one should miss it...

Edit:
Meh I'm bored and just having fun playing devil's advocate. lol :p

Back