Help: component crafting

Trifle

CND Trader
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Suzanne Trifle Gizmos
Hi there,

To make a long story short, I managed to open bpc for the third time now by texture engineering, I have to say that were a lot of generic leather textures! Anyway now I would like mechanical, electronics and metal engineering to lvl 10. What would be the cheapest way to do it? I do not care it takes a lot more clicks or much more time, I just would like to know the cheapest way from your experiences :)

Ty!
Trifle

eLectronic :

Basic Auxiliary Socket --- when Lvl. 5 go on with Electropositive Modulator

mechanicaL :

Basic FiLters --- when Lvl. 3 go on with Standard Damper

metaL :

Basic Tube --- when Lvl. 4 go on with Standard Plate

if you reaLLy want it the cheapest way as possible dont change the first BP and stiLL go on with first recommended.

weapon engineering?

what about weapon engineering?

+rep to novacula

Novacula - are those bps cheapest to skill? I'm pretty sure that they're cheapest per click, but aren't SIB bps more economical and - after all - cheaper to achieve skills?

Metal: Simple Plastic Ruds
Electronic: Simple Springs/Simple Conductors I+II
Mechanical: Basic Filters.

I loot lots of eye+thryoid so Simple ruds were a natural crafting option for me.

Use only maxed SIB prints for cheapest skilling. If you can, borrow/buy a print with QR 40+ on it.

Basic Sheet if you can sell it, but that requires capital to invest in materials than already have m/u

buy the skills... but why give your money to the slotmachine?

its alot more fun to blow the cash on hunting :D

buy the skills... but why give your money to the slotmachine?

its alot more fun to blow the cash on hunting :D

LOL so true mate, but I seem to hunt so uneconomical I really have to change things! Plus I like to focus a bit on my crafting skills right now.

Novacula thank you for your advice, I really can use it and it confirms two out of three for me.

Immortal, the metal and electronic crafting you suggest, I did try that but I seem to loose a lot more?

Amjb, you raise some good points. I get all confused over this sib thing that's one of the reason I asked this question :)

LOL so true mate, but I seem to hunt so uneconomical I really have to change things!
I don't know if You're aware of this, but You're changing things to... worse :silly2:
In my opinion (not only mine I suppose) crafting is the best way to loose money fast. Just *ziiip* and nothing left ;) IMHO the most economical is mining ATM.

But if You really want to skill at manufacturing components - my advice is to use SIB blueprints as long as it's not maxed (mind that You need skills and qr=100 to max bp). Then move on to next bp. Those bps are not cheapest per click but skills grow per pec is higher :)

I don't know if You're aware of this, but You're changing things to... worse :silly2:
In my opinion (not only mine I suppose) crafting is the best way to loose money fast. Just *ziiip* and nothing left ;) IMHO the most economical is mining ATM.

But if You really want to skill at manufacturing components - my advice is to use SIB blueprints as long as it's not maxed (mind that You need skills and qr=100 to max bp). Then move on to next bp. Those bps are not cheapest per click but skills grow per pec is higher :)

LOL ye I know crafting has very bad eco, but it beats me loosing 300 ped in two hours of hunting. Plus I would like to get my total skill up a bit and the way for that atm is by crafting. And yes I do know mining is most eco, I normally throw around 300-400 bombs and same amount of probes per day, I love it, but a change would be nice :p

Back to topic, about sib blueprints do I have to look at my level and qr? Like my components lvls are 8 and 8 and 7, but the actual skills differ. I am such a noob when it comes to sib, I never got that.

Back to topic, about sib blueprints do I have to look at my level and qr? Like my components lvls are 8 and 8 and 7, but the actual skills differ. I am such a noob when it comes to sib, I never got that.
It's easy - every blueprint in it's info got data about whether it has SIB or not and what level is recomended.

Ofcourse if You want to craft Electronic component only Electronic Engineer Prof Standing will be counted.

In example - At GEC Spur Gears 2K SIB is active after reaching 7.5 lvl as Mechanical Engineer. Check Entropedia for all bps info.

You need to take a few things into account:

• TT cost to click
  • Market Cost to Click
  • SIB?
  • Can they sell?
  • You Chance of Success (COS)

Basically you get skills in conjunction with the TT cost to click. Its not proven (i think) but you get 10 times the skills clicking on a 1 ped per click blueprint as opposed to a 0.1 ped per click blueprint.

Now if you are selling to the tt, as you can probably tell, you will always loose out in the long run. And the more the market cost is to click, the worse off you will be.

SIB blueprints will give you a boost to your COS when you are in range of them... means they are better to click on.

Selling components can minimize your looses if you buy cheaply and carefully and sell at a higher price as you can.

And with COS, DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVE LESS THEN GREEN COS!!!!

Basically do your homework, research prices and make a spreadsheet! ;)

Ok thanks a lot, this clears up a lot of things :)

Can someone please explain to me, why some still think that those old BPs with no SiB that produce only TT food are the "cheapest" to skill ?
They are only the cheapest BP to craft something with no use to any other, but the skills they give and the time and PEDs it takes to get the same skills with a "useful" BP qualifies them as "rip-off".

Novacula - are those bps cheapest to skill? I'm pretty sure that they're cheapest per click, but aren't SIB bps more economical and - after all - cheaper to achieve skills?

I wasnt 100% sure, but I had a strong feeling that your pretty sure feeling isnt correct. So i didnt do Breakfast and Lunch today and collected ALL Component Level I-V TT Cost per Click without Markup...

Decide on your own, but Im pretty sure, the SIB-BPs will kiLL your Peds ^^

The skiLL-gain you got plus because of using SIB BPs cant be worth the, sometimes, 10 times higher costs per click ! :wise: (?)

NON SIB BPs Lvl. I-V
(Component VoL. I Book)

eLectronic :

Basic Sensor TT Craft Cost 0.16 Ped LEVEL I
Basic Wires TT Craft Cost 0.16 Ped LEVEL I
Basic Relays TT Craft Cost 0.32 Ped LEVEL I

Basic Auxiliary Socket TT Craft Cost 0.07 Ped LEVEL II
Basic Power System TT Craft Cost 0.08 Ped LEVEL II
Basic Processor TT Craft Cost 0.10 Ped LEVEL II

Standard VisioMem TT Craft Cost 0.16 Ped LEVEL III
Standard Matrix TT Craft Cost 0.41 Ped LEVEL III
Standard Intelligence Module TT Craft Cost 0.95 Ped LEVEL III

Standard Transparency Layer TT Craft Cost 0.16 Ped LEVEL IV
Standard Feedback Panel TT Craft Cost 0.44 Ped LEVEL IV
Standard Holo Module TT Craft Cost 0.77 Ped LEVEL IV

Electropositive Modulator TT Craft Cost 0.18 Ped LEVEL V
Electropositive Processor TT Craft Cost 0.40 Ped LEVEL V
Electropositive Security Module TT Craft Cost 0.74 Ped LEVEL V

mechanicaL :

Basic FiLters TT Craft Cost 0.05 Ped LEVEL I
Basic Servo TT Craft Cost 0.07 Ped LEVEL I
Basic Pump TT Craft Cost 0.08 Ped LEVEL I

Basic Structure TT Craft Cost 0.16 Ped LEVEL II
Basic Coil TT Craft Cost 0.26 Ped LEVEL II
Basic Engine TT Craft Cost 0.40 Ped LEVEL II

Standard Damper TT Craft Cost 0.07 Ped LEVEL III
Standard Core TT Craft Cost 0.10 Ped LEVEL III
Standard Compressor TT Craft Cost 0.26 Ped LEVEL III

Standard Vents TT Craft Cost 0.13 Ped LEVEL IV
Standard Valve TT Craft Cost 0.16 Ped LEVEL IV
Standard Locks TT Craft Cost 0.49 Ped LEVEL IV

Durable Compressor TT Craft Cost 0.28 Ped LEVEL V
Durable Hood TT Craft Cost 0.37 Ped LEVEL V
Durable Motor TT Craft Cost 0.57 Ped LEVEL V

metaL :

Basic Tube TT Craft Cost 0.07 Ped LEVEL I
Basic Bearings TT Craft Cost 0.24 Ped LEVEL I
Basic Sheet Metal TT Craft Cost 0.34 Ped LEVEL I

Basic Bolts TT Craft Cost 0.08 Ped LEVEL II
Basic Rings TT Craft Cost 0.22 Ped LEVEL II
Basic Tubes TT Craft Cost 0.39 Ped LEVEL II

Standard Rod TT Craft Cost 0.26 Ped LEVEL III
Standard Hinge TT Craft Cost 0.35 Ped LEVEL III
Standard Springs TT Craft Cost 0.56 Ped LEVEL III
Metallic Bone Replacement TT Craft Cost 3.36 Ped LEVEL III

Standard Plate TT Craft Cost 0.10 Ped LEVEL IV
Standard Lever TT Craft Cost 0.18 Ped LEVEL IV
Standard Wedge TT Craft Cost 0.26 Ped LEVEL IV

Hardened Bolts TT Craft Cost 0.30 Ped LEVEL V
Hardened Clips TT Craft Cost 0.55 Ped LEVEL V
Hardened Screws TT Craft Cost 0.69 Ped LEVEL V

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

SIB BPs Lvl. I-V
(Component Vol. II Book)

eLectronic :

Galaxy SI ION Conductors TT Craft Cost 0.21 Ped LEVEL I
Simple I Conductors TT Craft Cost 0.70 Ped LEVEL I

Galaxy SII ION Conductors TT Craft Cost 0.96 Ped LEVEL II

Galaxy SIII ION Conductors TT Craft Cost 0.70 Ped LEVEL III

Solar 6V Gel Batteries TT Craft Cost 0.98 Ped LEVEL IV
Simple II Conductors TT Craft Cost 1.20 Ped LEVEL IV

Solar 8V Gel Batteries TT Craft Cost 0.94 Ped LEVEL V

mechanicaL :

GEC Spur Gears 1K TT Craft Cost 0.56 Ped LEVEL I

Simple I Plastic Springs TT Craft Cost 0.91 Ped LEVEL II

GEC Spur Gears 2K TT Craft Cost 1.00 Ped LEVEL IV

Simple II Plastic Springs TT Craft Cost 1.00 Ped LEVEL V

metaL :

Metal Plating TT Craft Cost 0.36 Ped LEVEL I
Hardened Metal Plating TT Craft Cost 0.38 Ped LEVEL I

Super Alloy Plating TT Craft Cost 0.74 Ped LEVEL II
Metal Ruds TT Craft Cost 0.70 Ped LEVEL II

Hardened Metal Ruds TT Craft Cost 1.01 Ped LEVEL III
Super Alloy Ruds TT Craft Cost 0.95 Ped LEVEL III
Simple I Plastic Ruds TT Craft Cost 1.15 Ped LEVEL III

Metal Mountings TT Craft Cost 0.91 Ped LEVEL IV
Hardened Metal Mountings TT Craft Cost 0.77 Ped LEVEL IV

Super Alloy Mountings TT Craft Cost 1.06 Ped LEVEL V
Geotrek Buttstock TT Craft Cost 1.14 Ped LEVEL V

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I wasnt 100% sure, but I had a strong feeling that your pretty sure feeling isnt correct. So i didnt do Breakfast and Lunch today and collected ALL Component Level I-V TT Cost per Click without Markup...

The skiLL-gain you got plus because of using SIB BPs cant be worth the, sometimes, 10 times higher costs per click ! :wise: (?)

Even if do not get any "skill increase bonus" (whatever that really means) because your level is too high, you still get way more skills than with the "cheap to click" BPs.
The higher the costs per click, the better the skill gain.
Crafting things with markup reduce the losses while skilling, even if MU is only 102% it is still better than only TT.
I have tried in the beginning with filters and dampers like almost all recommend as "cheap skilling" and I lost way too much time and PEDs, they are simply not worth the effort.
So either those "recomendations" are outdated or they are to keep the competition out.

People talking about crafting being a ped sink havn't experienced a really bad streak hunting ;) (or craft stuff above their skill lvl...)

I got sick of getting 30-40% returns and losing 200+ ped each hunt I did, so started crafting instead... Much better for my economy :laugh:

Starting to hunt small again now, goes a bit up and down, but better then before at least...

IMO the returns are a lot more _predictable_ when crafting, then it is with most hunting...

I suppose both methods will kill PED Card ;)
Question is - which one will bring more skills :scratch2:

Very interesting statistic You brought, but I'm still not so sure wether 10 times more expensive click isn't more economical when talking about skills growth. The more cash You spend (per click) the more skills You get (+SIB, in theory).
However I'm pretty sure we won't know that without apropriate tests. So - who want to donate 1000 PEDs for important cause, TO CHECK SIB USEFULLNESS! :)

That would indeed be a very useful test

I suppose both methods will kill PED Card ;)
Question is - which one will bring more skills :scratch2:

Very interesting statistic You brought, but I'm still not so sure wether 10 times more expensive click isn't more economical when talking about skills growth. The more cash You spend (per click) the more skills You get (+SIB, in theory).
However I'm pretty sure we won't know that without apropriate tests. So - who want to donate 1000 PEDs for important cause, TO CHECK SIB USEFULLNESS! :)

There is surely no need to test that on filters and dampers, I tried it and it simply suxx. What people seem to forget is that the CoS when crafting on max. quanitity is the same on "cheap" to craft stuff or high cost stuff.
But it makes a great difference on how long it takes to cycle PEDs.
The faster you cyle them, the faster you skill.
If you cycle 1000 Ped on dampers you will have the same return rate as you would with spurs, only that the loss on spurs will be around 2% lower because of markup (and a higher chance for a global).

Oh, I have something On topic to share too.. ;)

this argument doesn't make sense? :scratch2: :
The skiLL-gain you got plus because of using SIB BPs cant be worth the, sometimes, 10 times higher costs per click ! (?)

Well.. skill gain is relative to cost to click... The higher cost per click, the more skill per skill gain.

Not saying it is 1:1.... In fact, I've noticed that at my level (around lvl 15), a lvl 2 bp costing 3 ped per click, gives me _6_times_ the skill I get from a lvl1 bp costing 1 ped per click...

So finding the cheapest way to skill, is _not_ about finding the lowest tt/click blueprint and sticking to it...

(the 6x shouldn't be taken as an exact number, the sample size was way to low, just a couple of hundred clicks, but still a quite interesting trend)

Big +rep to all people who give some advices for crafting ;)

That said, a tiny bit of my own experience. Many things in crafting can be understood only with the help of a spreadsheet. For example, the skilling efficiency vs. cost per click and level of BP. Very few serious crafters would share this knowledge, as it is their bread and butter. A rule of a thumb: use higher level BPs (where your skills are enough to have decent COS) with lowest markup of the components AND lowest cost per click. That way the relative output of skill value per ped invested will be higher. However, if you need to get to some profstanding level quicker, think of other options. In many cases a chip of engineering will save you a lot of time.

The best way to explain true nature of things at SIB/non-SIB component crafting would be test. But as I don't own few k of PEDs for experiments I have an idea - let's change a point of view for a while. Let's stand in MA's shoes ;)

First were non-SIB bps like Basic Filters and Standard Dampers. People use to skill on them just because there was nothing else. Then someone at MA thought "hmm... how to increase income?" - and here we have SIB bps. It's a simple trade - faster skill grow for faster PED milling :) (not loosing PEDs but cycling).
Moreover SIB components are usefull for other stuff manufacturing - so they don't have to be tt'ed.

That's my theory :) But I still think that test would make situation clear once and for all :D

Last edited:
aren't SIB bps more economical and - after all - cheaper to achieve skills?
For the same cost of ingredients then it probably is, but SIB bps usually require more expensive ingredients. If you can stand it use the bp with the cheapest ingredients.

Back