Condition COS too low?

Rave

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
RP Rave Prospector
I usually craft amp 5's on quantity for my own use and amp 2's on condition to get residue and hopefully a few decent globals here and there.

However... in the last few days it seems to me that the Condition COS is far too low. Most of these items aren't worth the 5-8% chance to craft on condition. Amp 2 is ~10 ped per click and at a rate of 5% you're looking at 1 in 20 successful clicks, which means that's 190 PEDs burned for an average of 65-100 PED on the successful click. Does anybody see anything wrong with the math on that? Yeah I'm not saying we should all be printing PEDs like its nothing, but mathematically... that's 50% return even after markup (a whopping 105%). I've NEVER had returns like that hunting or mining (unless using Amp 13s lol).

I am way past maxed skills for Amp 2s and 5s and my QRs are maxed. I just threw down on 200 clicks between both BPs and had 3 successful clicks on Condition, none of which were even gull TT. So let's say 2400 PED or so for the run (rough math here), and I got back 250 PED total. 10% return?! This isn't the first time either, the last few days its happened over and over. Different machines, different outposts, different times. I've lost 15k PED off my PED card (maybe more) in the last 5 days. So I've cycled far more than that in this time period. I've crafted condition, quality, with residue, without... by the way 3 successful clicks on 200 is.... less than 2% COS. On a maxed QR BP with maxed skills... As I mentioned this isn't the first time I have felt this (nearly every day this week it has happened).

I feel that the condition COS is far too low, especially on low MU items... Sure, if you get SUPER lucky it can work out. But chances are you get sunk fast. Although I have seen some people who get successful condition clicks every 10 seconds, which blows my mind.

I've been told to craft with residue on quantity... which means I would waste the 109-110% MU on residue for 105%-108% on these amps? High MU item BPs are stupid expensive or hard to find. Not to mention when you find one, its probably low QR which means you will lose so many PEDs increasing QR.

A bit of whining here, sure, I'm pissed - however, I honestly feel like crafting is such a broken avenue for a profession at this point. I can't imagine being a new player with dreams of crafting. I went into it with a huge bankroll which is all but gone. 2% success on crafting is horrible!

edit: Don't need to hear about how I should choose different items to craft or whatever... 2% on any BP is garbage.

edit: NOW 4 successful clicks in 300! WTF

Last edited:
I've been told to craft with residue on quantity... which means I would waste the 109-110% MU on residue for 105%-108% on these amps? High MU item BPs are stupid expensive or hard to find. Not to mention when you find one, its probably low QR which means you will lose so many PEDs increasing QR.
Seems like your answer is right there... YOU picked where to put the slider when you crafted. Perhaps you should try sliding it the other way to increase the COS? As far as wasting Markup on Residue... simple solution... make your own residue and only craft with that...

I do agree with you, crafting returns, just like all returns based on loot pool could be better, but if you are gambling by pushing that slider to the end that decreases your COS, you should not be complaining about bad returns til you move that slider a bit the other way... At least crafting has a slider... You don't have a neat little slider with hunting/mining unless maybe you are counting the level thing above the mobs.

About 60% of your return comes from 'regular' loots (the 65-100 pedders you describe). The rest is from the 'specials.' Which, if you're clicking on condition, take a lot longer to even out.

Unless I missed your point of course...in that case, just disregard. Hope you get some 'specials' soon.

Edit, I see you had a bad string of 'regulars' too, with a low COS streak. Also pretty normal but no fun. Kinda like mining FOMA, no?

Seems like your answer is right there... YOU picked where to put the slider when you crafted. Perhaps you should try sliding it the other way to increase the COS? As far as wasting Markup on Residue... simple solution... make your own residue and only craft with that...

I do agree with you, crafting returns, just like all returns based on loot pool could be better, but if you are gambling by pushing that slider to the end that decreases your COS, you should not be complaining about bad returns til you move that slider a bit the other way... At least crafting has a slider... You don't have a neat little slider with hunting/mining unless maybe you are counting the level thing above the mobs.

I was crafting with residue on quantity, but my point is that this is also a waste because you get more MU from residue. May as well sell it and save from using it on quantity for anything that sells under 110%. And I do make my own by crafting components, but why use it when most items with condition values aren't worth 110%+?

I have tried crafting on both ends, but I still lose so much PEDs on quantity because without residue you get such low TT the items aren't worth selling. Again, the residue just wastes my PED when used.

Besides, my point is that numbers like 1.5-2% success rate (leading to 10% PED return) is horrible. After 3k PED cycled, you should see higher return %s. If you cycle 3k PED in hunting you will always see more than 10% return. Same with mining, unless you do FOMA Amp 13s lol.

Chances are a new player won't have a huge bankroll to use, and will lose everything crafting with rates like this. Having to cycle tens of thousands of PEDs to maybe see 50-90% is a joke.

Chances are a new player won't have a huge bankroll to use, and will lose everything crafting with rates like this.

Yes he would, because it'd be terrible bankroll management for a new player with a moderate bankroll to choose to craft amps on condition. The game gives you ways to kill your bankroll, but you don't have to use them ;)

So you have been told to do what all the good crafters do and you pick to do it your way. Now how the f.. did that go wrong?
Crafting is more about reselling than QR and all of that stuff. Buy low, sell high, know whats the worst case scenario of a batch to craft and do it only if you're braking even. Leave the rest to luck.
huge bankroll which is all but gone? Ask any of the good crafters what a huge bankroll is. You will be surprised.

So you have been told to do what all the good crafters do and you pick to do it your way. Now how the f.. did that go wrong?
Crafting is more about reselling than QR and all of that stuff. Buy low, sell high, know whats the worst case scenario of a batch to craft and do it only if you're braking even. Leave the rest to luck.
huge bankroll which is all but gone? Ask any of the good crafters what a huge bankroll is. You will be surprised.

You must not have read everything I stated. I have tried my way and the recommended methods. The issue is that items worth using residue are much harder to get BPs for, so crafting that way doesn't do much at the level BPs I've been able to grab. Also, I still maintain that 2% success rate is wretched.

300 clicks is far to small a run for condition crafting. I don't touch the slider unless I can do 1000 clicks or more (which is why I never craft high TT BP's on condition).

I've done loads of generic leather texture on condition, and it's not uncommon to have 100+ fails in a row. Leave the slidy thing alone. I get that you want res, but clearly the equation doesn't work. Craft a lower TT BP on condition for res and then use the res for crafting amps.

*Disclaimer* Crafting n00b here! Don't believe anything I say because I have no idea what I'm talking about!

IMO the issue here is the same as with your thread on FOMA hit-rate - too small sample size. Your Aurli run got good results because you stuck with it for thousands of kills (clicks, drops).

Amped FOMA mining and crafting high TT bps on condition are gambling, end of.

Don't do it unless you can afford the losses.

300 clicks is far to small a run for condition crafting. I don't touch the slider unless I can do 1000 clicks or more (which is why I never craft high TT BP's on condition).

I've done loads of generic leather texture on condition, and it's not uncommon to have 100+ fails in a row. Leave the slidy thing alone. I get that you want res, but clearly the equation doesn't work. Craft a lower TT BP on condition for res and then use the res for crafting amps.

*Disclaimer* Crafting n00b here! Don't believe anything I say because I have no idea what I'm talking about!

IMO the issue here is the same as with your thread on FOMA hit-rate - too small sample size. Your Aurli run got good results because you stuck with it for thousands of kills (clicks, drops).

Amped FOMA mining and crafting high TT bps on condition are gambling, end of.

Don't do it unless you can afford the losses.

Well, you are absolutely right about my log because I turned over 100k PED. But even if you look at any section of 3-5000 PED cycles the returns were nearly as bad. Obviously I'm not asking for super ubers every click... but it still seems that such returns are crazy at that amount of PED. If you grab 5k PED of ammo and go out hunting, you will get far more than 10% back killing anything. You aren't going to go pop a whole bunch of Eomons and get no loot after no loot.

It just seems to me that lower level BPs should be slightly better when it comes to condition. Its hard to move up in crafting in general.

Again, I was blowing off steam earlier with these posts. It happens. I've played for a very long time and I have rarely ever posted an angry post. But I'm good now, and clicking through component BPs to try and make some small PED back for now until I can do some larger runs.

Also, any bp that is not sib, dont expect better than about 85-90% returns..
they do need to make make non sib BP's maxable.... Just like all old school weps ect.
89% non sib
compaired to
94% sib

Is technically a massive difference

Considering im a "noob" crafter, anything under 1k clicks is still too little, even with full quantity(components)
So personally.. I wouldnt do anything less than about 5k clicks on condition.. And i simply cant take that risk even at that.

I'd say even if you reached 85% return you would still lose peds, so why do it anyway. Changing 110% residue for 105% amps is stupid no? Condition crafting is the biggest gamble ingame, or so they say.

The "min MU input, max MU output" formula works really well. I would stop right now if I was you, there's no personal lootpool and no compensation for loses.

I wish you good luck with whatever you do, 10% returns must suck to a level I don't understand yet lol

CoS is just fine, crafting amps on condition if you don't understand how crafting works, isn't the best idea there is though.

ye the cos in condition has decreased ALOT.. atleast on me.. i had somewhat 5%+ cos before.. but now its somewhere near 0.5%-2%... do i get paid with big hofs? nope.. not even those.. i think condition crafting is broken.. but it seems its not the case on everyone.. now ive pretty much given up with the whole crafting.. sometimes trying some cheaper things just to see the same crappy cos..

Back