Confirmation system on Entropedia, trustworthy people needed.

Witte

Marauder
Society
Delta Force Elite
Vlugge Witte Harrie
I was reading some posts here and the following post annoyed me:

Entropedia has thousands upon thousands of errors.

mainly because its mostly true. So I was thinking about adding a confirmation system, where only a group of trustworthy people can confirm data. I am currently thinking on a scheme where unconfirmed data shows in gray instead of black. If I don't encounter too much problems it should be ready later today. In the meanwhile, suggestions are welcome.

If you think you are trustworthy, actively using Entropedia and are willing to confirm data please contact me.

Current list of trusted members:

Oleg
DaveFoz
Mak
Xen
levithanikos
Hijacker27
Gypsy (kebplay)
JohnCapital
Cail
Smoerble
wizzszz
Sound
Yquem
IceCold3000
SonOfAzrael

Last edited:
I'd be willing to help out with this. How would it work, and what would require confirmation? Everything?

I have sent you a PM with regards to this.

Sounds like a good idea to me, to enable the info to be as correct as it can be even with the movement in some things like prices

Last edited:
Hey Witte
I am willing to help out - just let me know how!

I'd be willing to help out with this. How would it work, and what would require confirmation? Everything?

I am working on a checkbox that appears next to the edit field. When it is checked, the value is confirmed. For a start I will make every field a confirm field but I can change it later.

I am working on a checkbox that appears next to the edit field. When it is checked, the value is confirmed. For a start I will make every field a confirm field but I can change it later.

Would it be better to start with a small number of things that need to be confirmed, and then possibly expand this later?

I'd say the key things to monitor would be:

• looted items
  • item decay value
  • mob damage type

I think these are the most prone to errors.

Sounds like a good idea. Not spending much time in game atm but i would be willing to give you a hand if my circumstances change ;)

Ill subscribe to this and see if i can be of any help in the future.

C

• looted items
  • item decay value
  • mob damage type

Like this suggestion, and I would be willing to help out but guess I'm not as actively hunting/mining/crafting as would be needed. send me a pm if you think I could help out with something

Ok the system is finished. I can now enable confirm for each individual field. Only accounts with the right access level can make confirmations. Once a field is confirmed, it can no longer be edited by accounts with a lower access level. Currently I only activated the feature for the decay field in the weapon list. I will be enabling it for other fields too. If you have suggestions what fields should have the confirm function, feel free to post them.

Untill now the following people have offered to help confirming values:

Oleg (Account: Oleg)
DaveFoz (Account: DaveFoz)
Mak (Account: unknown)
Xen (Account: Xen)
Serica (Account: Serica)
levithanikos (Account: levithanikos)
Hijacker27 (Account: Hijacker27)

When you confirm anything don't forget to enter a link or source in the comments field.

Last edited:
I have fixed several decay numbers for weapons (mostly support weapons, and the X5(L) decay was wrong for a long time). I could confirm those at least...

How do I find things that need to be confirmed?

I use entopedia lot for scanning and posting my skills.
the only think i ever found that did not post correctly was the the professions. with the last scanner it would post it correctly.. but as i have downloaded the new scanner i have noted that the professions will not up date.

also a side note - if someone like me has to change there email contact I can't see to be able to change that - so how can anyone else do this? this will need to be done.

I am willing to help where i can. in other areas. :)

Hi Witte, sounds like a sensible plan. I'd be delighted to help :)

Entropedia is open in the background whenever I'm online anyway.

One thing I think we need updated with some urgency (cos WoF will be here before we know it!) is the mob locations - but I find myself a little unsure about the best data entry process on those.
Perhaps I'm not the only one ?

BTW - Is there anyway that the items to be confirmed can show in the 'Latest Updates' chart ? It might make it easier to find them, than waiting til one of us happens to open, say, a particular creature chart.

Last edited:
Hi Witte, sounds like a sensible plan. I'd be delighted to help :)

Entropedia is open in the background whenever I'm online anyway.

Great I will add you to the list.

One thing I think we need updated with some urgency (cos WoF will be here before we know it!) is the mob locations - but I find myself a little unsure about the best data entry process on those.
Perhaps I'm not the only one ?
[/quote]

What do you mean with data entry process?

BTW - Is there anyway that the items to be confirmed can show in the 'Latest Updates' chart ? It might make it easier to find them, than waiting til one of us happens to open, say, a particular creature chart.

I am afraid that would be hard to make from my side. I shall see what the possibilities are.

I have fixed several decay numbers for weapons (mostly support weapons, and the X5(L) decay was wrong for a long time). I could confirm those at least...

I will add you to the list of trusted editors.

Count me in , i update usually loots and spawn locations for the mobs i hunt :)

I think I've proven myself to already do this a lot :p

Sign me up :p

I'll help :)
I love entropedia and i will help where i can to improve it.

Regards,,

I can confirm witte do a great job on entropedia....
I hope some more people will can help him.
Can not myself i dont have time :(

See this as free bump

Fire Wildman up I can assist here as well.

I am afraid that would be hard to make from my side. I shall see what the possibilities are.

Actually, what you've done on the History page already looks fine - now we can just check the entries for say the previous 24hours, and see which ones HAVENT been done by a 'Trusted Editor' :)

What do you mean with data entry process?

Hmmm... maybe the few times I've tried it before, it didn't work for me, so I gave up :ahh:
I just added the Longu spawn south of Notus, with full notes so you could tell me what I was doing wrong, and all went perfectly :D

great idea!

few questions who qualifies as trustworthy is it based on forum rep, name dropping, skill count in game? just wondering if this will end up being another cool kids club or if you are looking for truly honest people willing to do some work for the benefit of the community.

second, what happens when a "trusted" user confirms/puts in info thats wrong, (knowingly or not) and someone non-trusted tries to put in the correct info?

finally, i would like to be on the trusted list, many times i have updated things that members of SR as a whole point out as wrong since i have it open often :cool:

Hi Witte,
I'm happy to help when I can, I've done a bit of research on MOB damage and have updated a few times before.

Account: Gypsy
Ava: Keira Gypsy Croft

Actually, what you've done on the History page already looks fine - now we can just check the entries for say the previous 24hours, and see which ones HAVENT been done by a 'Trusted Editor' :)

Hmmm... maybe the few times I've tried it before, it didn't work for me, so I gave up :ahh:
I just added the Longu spawn south of Notus, with full notes so you could tell me what I was doing wrong, and all went perfectly :D

It is also possible to filter out just the trusted values in the charts. In the filter you need to select "Confirmed" and then the name of the column (example "Decay").

And good to hear adding locations works now. If you have any suggestion to improve the process, they are welcome.

A more general note, I saw you confirmed some damage on Entropedia, with a link to some images. However, these images do not show conclusive evidence that the values are correct. I do not know if you have additional information, but if not then is seems to me it is not certain that the data is correct. In that case it should not be confirmed. Some general guidelines:

1) Only confirm data of which you are 100% certain it is correct.

2) Provide as accurate sources as you have available, if possible conclusive evidence. If you do not have conclusive evidence, state how you come to the conclusion its correct.

great idea!

few questions who qualifies as trustworthy is it based on forum rep, name dropping, skill count in game? just wondering if this will end up being another cool kids club or if you are looking for truly honest people willing to do some work for the benefit of the community.

second, what happens when a "trusted" user confirms/puts in info thats wrong, (knowingly or not) and someone non-trusted tries to put in the correct info?

finally, i would like to be on the trusted list, many times i have updated things that members of SR as a whole point out as wrong since i have it open often :cool:

For now the condition are:

1) You need to be an active editor on Entropedia, or are willing to become active.

2) You need to have contacted me so I know who you are.

Once a value is confirmed, it can not be changed anymore by a non-trusted person. However, it is always possible to leave notes in the discussion tab. When a trusted member is found to enter false data, he or she will be confronted with it.

Finally, what is your account name on Entropedia? When I type "Eron" I do not see any corrections of data, I do see a couple of additions.

I think the SIB max point should also be confirmation based, and have a notice that it's where the SIB is maxed, not when you first get (20/20), etc on the actual tool statistics. I see this error all the time, and it really irks me.

Back