Confront-a-redneck day

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Cool Top Gear clip. Not showing this to show Americans in a bad light, just because it's funny. There are parts of any country where the same kind of thing could happen:)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkl_h7eC2kU&feature=channel[/youtube]

Hurrikane

I'm a redneck. Come confront me.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KLBCVwXM-w&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhubpages%2Ecom%2Fhub%2FI%2DWant%2DA%2DRedneck%2DOn%2DMy%2DSide&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

A friend told me about that one, it is funny, but yeah, don't mess with Alabama :cowboy::sniper:I was born there however, not been back in yonks, but chose to remember the really nice 'down home' folks there rather than the stereotypes these Brits went looking for and found. You are also right that every place in the world has something like it, it's called humans :laugh:

(now gimme some cornbread damnit!)

I live in Alabama. They went looking for a rhubarb, and found it, but that could have happened in almost any state in the union.
I like Top Gear a lot, but Clarkson never misses an opportunity to bash US citizens and cars. Oh wait, I think he actually liked a corvette , in one episode.

I grew up in Alabama and yes, there are some of the folks they were looking for there. I've also been to the UK. Maybe I'll come up with a show idea for a traveling dentist wandering the British countryside looking for likely patients.

How's that for stereotyping? :rolleyes:

I grew up in Alabama and yes, there are some of the folks they were looking for there. I've also been to the UK. Maybe I'll come up with a show idea for a traveling dentist wandering the British countryside looking for likely patients.

How's that for stereotyping? :rolleyes:

So the first line of my post completely passed you by then?

And as we get necessary dentistry for free, the idea of paying for cosmetic stuff hasn't really caught on here, we're just happy if they don't fall out :)

I was just having a laugh at some ignorant people. The fact they are american means nothing. There's probably a very good reason the Top Gear guys didn't paint "Allah is a twat" on a car and drive it through Saudi Arabia.

Hurrikane

So the first line of my post completely passed you by then?

And as we get necessary dentistry for free, the idea of paying for cosmetic stuff hasn't really caught on here, we're just happy if they don't fall out :)

I was just having a laugh at some ignorant people. The fact they are american means nothing. There's probably a very good reason the Top Gear guys didn't paint "Allah is a twat" on a car and drive it through Saudi Arabia.

Hurrikane

Here's my point. It isn't funny. Humor at the expense of someone else, or a stereotyped group just isn't funny. Borat is a douchebag. That's all I'm saying.

Here's my point. It isn't funny. Humor at the expense of someone else, or a stereotyped group just isn't funny. Borat is a douchebag. That's all I'm saying.

Borat was a masterpiece, sorry to disagree. Humour at the expense of someone else IS funny when the someone else is a bigoted twat. And Borat didn't attack stereotypes, he found living examples of them and worse, and showed the world how ignorant and downright wrong people can be.

If you take stuff like that personally I feel sorry for you.

Hurrikane

Yep Sacha is brilliant :yay:
Borat is fictional character

Borat was a masterpiece, sorry to disagree. Humour at the expense of someone else IS funny when the someone else is a bigoted twat. And Borat didn't attack stereotypes, he found living examples of them and worse, and showed the world how ignorant and downright wrong people can be.

If you take stuff like that personally I feel sorry for you.

Hurrikane

Personally? Nah, I just don't think it's funny. To each his own. And save your sympathy for someone who deserves it.

Back