Confused By E-AMP/A-100/Boom Series

I think the difference being argued here is equivalent to shooting one or two rounds into the ground.

Worth it ? :dunno:

A101/A102: Ridiculously overpriced unless you intend to spends THOUSANDS of peds hunting.

I think everybody I know with Serendipity has spend THOUSANDS of peds hunting :laugh:

thousands of peds burn through your gun faster then you might think :)

And yeah, unless you have chipped, you definitely have cycled (not spend) that a couple of times before you reach serendipity...

Actually, to cycle 4000 ped with a breer m1a + a102 is only about 53 hours of hunting (constantly shooting).

That is just 20 of the m1a:s

Play for 2h/ day and you burn through that in a month :)

In the beginning you don't really need amps. You basically want to shoot as many times for as little PED as possible. When you progress, and become more serious about hunting, then amps become more important. And from that moment you will also spend enough to justify the markup. But before that moment, it all doest really matter. Have fun and do what you like.

I think this mirrors what i am thinking too witte.

to the thread starter i used to use e amp series for many hunts and i also used to depo 10 to 20 usd here and there. i am not going to act like i am a math wiz or get into a big thing but i will put it like this. i bought my a103 in late march. my last depo was in early april. that is all i am going to say and you can draw your own conclusions.

I think everybody I know with Serendipity has spend THOUSANDS of peds hunting :laugh:

I spent 5 ped whatcha talking about:scratch2:

Seriously though it takes ped (money) to skill up no matter how you shake it. Cheap gear or expensive gear.. going to take many thousands and thousands of ped to move up. At the beginning is it simply a few hundred, I dunno what else to say other than good luck and if you like what your using use it, just keep an open mind :D

I think this war between oleg and stuffy is kind of useless, you each have your own points which are both true. I myself would never use an E-amp series amp, I am a non-depoer which is why I want to be the most eco possible, even if it requires an investment. If you look at the yearly market history of the A103 amp, hover your mouse where it peaks up, you'll see one sold for +170.23. Thats me buying my first amp :ahh:, and now its down to +70 or so nowadays, I "lost" 100 ped from the investment, but the amp has saved me much more than that since I've unlocked serendipity a while ago, and as Gluepot stated, it takes THOUSANDS of peds to get there so I'm sure I got all my peds back, and then some.

I'll step out here and analize it from a 3rd person point of view so that even if I use A10X amps and dislike the E-Amps, I'll state the pros and cons of either.

A10X
Pros: -Makes the weapon you're using more eco, saving you ped over a period of time.
Cons: -You need to spend 100 ped to buy the amp and therefore have less ped to hunt with. (which is no problem btw if you have another 200 or so ped, aslong as you manage to break even, then you just recycle these peds over and over)

E-Amp
Pros: -Cheap way of making your weapon more powerfull without having to spend much initial peds into the investment
Cons: -The economy is not altered in any way, which is ok, but I'd rather save ped than not save ped ;)

Looking at it this way, if you just play EU a couple hours a week, and dont want to bother investing in an A10X amp then the E-Amps are perfect, they'll let ya get that boost of damage you might need and not bother about saving a few cents.

But if you play EU a couple hours a day, or maybe more, then you might start thinking about hassling together an extra hundred ped to improve the economy of your hunting, only then would it be worth it.

Hope this helps :D

Agree with above :)

The point of the thread was to clarify what it means to get any amp on the m1a. I think a lot of people didn't really understand their options when it came to to amps, so my goal is to clarify them.

Here's what I said with a few clarifications.

a101/a102: Will save you peds in long run, but be aware that you are paying a large markup for this item, and that it takes thousands of peds worth of hunting to pay for this markup. (This isn't just about the peds, but also about the time that you must spend hunting.)
(On a little side note the a102 is better than the a101 in terms of eco yet the a102 is cheapier, which suggests that the a-amp prices aren't entirely based on their utility factors)

Boom CCC: Unless you loot this don't buy/use them they are not repairable and they give you a very small boost to eco.

E-AMP 11: Not as bad people say. It does not decrease eco Is cheaply priced, and gives you increased skill gains.

Not everyone can afford the a101/a102 so there are cases where it makes sense for people to go for the E-AMP, but if you have the peds you should definetly buy the a-amps.

OK, I was giving up but I'll try to make it simple for you.

If you're really bothered about the massive expense of up to 100 PEDs for an A101, try this.

1. Buy A101
2. Max Opalo
3. Sell A101

But frankly if you think 100 PEDs is a lot to spend on an item, you might as well forget about EU now.

I'd say keep the A101... FOREVER! - ; )

1. Buy A101
2. Max Opalo
3. Buy A102
4. Buy Breer M1a & Breer P1a
5. Put A101 on P1a and Max
6. Put A102 on M1a and Max
7. Profit

I'd say keep the A101... FOREVER! - ; )

I would agree, but the OP was talking about recouping investment, so my point was that you can easily do this by selling the amp after maxing the Opalo.

I would recommend any hunter to have at least an A101, A102 and A103 in their setup.

well any laser hunter... yeah..

but..

switch to blp skill up to the CB19 (L) and get yourself a beast amp.

sure the beast amp may or may not retain its value but man is blp hunting fun.

Ok for those saying "oh don't spend much hunting because I only play 1 hour/week" or some garbage like that.... If you only spend a short amount of time hunting, then just use an opalo and hunt the biggest mob you can take down with it.... It's cheap and if you've never hunted anything bigger, it's fun.

well any laser hunter... yeah..

but..

switch to blp skill up to the CB19 (L) and get yourself a beast amp.

sure the beast amp may or may not retain its value but man is blp hunting fun.

I'm primarily a BLP user but I still think its well worth having the laser amps. Despite my higher BLP skills and the fact that I should really be using BLP all the time to get to Combat Sense and Wounding, P5a+A104 is still what I usually turn to for bigger mobs (as well as doing BLP skiling with S60 on smaller mobs). P5a is just too good to ignore.

Ok for those saying "oh don't spend much hunting because I only play 1 hour/week" or some garbage like that.... If you only spend a short amount of time hunting, then just use an opalo and hunt the biggest mob you can take down with it.... It's cheap and if you've never hunted anything bigger, it's fun.

This is very true. Everything I've said in this thread is from the perspective of someone who hunts every day and is committed to fairly serious skilling.

yeah too true.. owning the whole line of A10x amps (or as many as you can afford) is well worth it.. as you can turn to any gun thats fresh on the market and priced well. - ; )

E-AMP 11 have a max tt of 29 ped and get 3962 total uses. I too have not seen any on auction :( But the other's sell for almost no markup. Maybe some crafter should supply some :)

Do u expect that crafters will spend peds by producing items without markup?:scratch2:

Do u expect that crafters will spend peds by producing items without markup?:scratch2:

Exactly why I don't craft them :D
I have the BP, so if anybody would like I can craft some if you bring me the materials.

Keep in mind that the extra damage of the amp saves you ped in armor and fap decay as well. You can also resell your amp.

Keep in mind that the extra damage of the amp saves you ped in armor and fap decay as well. You can also resell your amp.

Keep in mind that evade saves you ped in armor and fap decay as well. You can also resell your good eco amp.

If I was hunting with M1a I would always use A102, every time. It would be stupid not to.

Not if you own an A201 that you may attach on it. BTW got an uL m1a + A201, awesome eco ;)

Not if you own an A201 that you may attach on it. BTW got an uL m1a + A201, awesome eco ;)

the m1a (L) beats the uL in eco..

the m1a (L) beats the uL in eco..

Thats right up to 112% markup the L got better eco!

But I don´t want to search around to get new L weapons all the time, I don´t like to wait untill some auctions end, and prefer using buyouts.
Not much advantage left then ;)

I like this combo very much, and the difference is 0.02 DMG/pec at a markup of 105% for the m1a(L). Every percentage above that cuts the advantage of the the L vs the uL.

But I don´t want to search around to get new L weapons all the time, I don´t like to wait untill some auctions end, and prefer using buyouts.

I like this combo very much, and the difference is 0.02 DMG/pec at a markup of 105% for the m1a(L). Every percentage above that cuts the advantage of the the L vs the uL.

I have the blueprint for m1a [L] so I craft them myself if i find some cobalt at ti...

yup.. still an awesome combo to own. - ; )

but like spawn i use my print to skill on the m1a then toss the a201 on them to burn em up. - ; )

Back