"connect" to your ingame avatar like in "Avatar" movie

given there is an technical opportunity to "connect" to your avatar like its done in &quot

• Total voters

TigerSkin

Prowler
Society
Alpha WildD3amons
Tariel TigerSkin Rustaveli
heym

given there is an technical opportunity to "connect" to your avatar like its depicted in the movie "Surrogates" or in "Avatar", would you use that feature? would you "connect" to your avatar?

I dont get it :scratch2:

Not seen the movies but.. what if we already are? :eek:

How do I know I am not an avatar for my avatar?? :laugh:

heym

given there is an technical opportunity to "connect" to your avatar like its depicted in the movie "Surrogates" or in "Avatar", would you use that feature? would you "connect" to your avatar?

I haven't seen "Avatar"...yet, but I've seen "Surrogates" (I don't miss anything with Bruce as Bruce is the best)...so I understand, in a way what you're aiming at...but based upon that...I'd say no...I am not my avatar...take that Jon Neverdie Jacobs! :laugh:

p.s.

How do I know I am not an avatar for my avatar?? :laugh:

...damn that's the flip-mode right there! One can get insane thinking like that! :)

Hell yes, as long as I don't feel the pain when a troxie bites me :laugh:

deff i do..and i bet in the next 20 years we will have this posibility:eyecrazy:

Hell yes, as long as I don't feel the pain when a troxie bites me :laugh:

I think I would prefer that degree of separation but as stated above.

Hell yes !!

mmmmm I think that I am an avatar for some real rich dude who wants to explore what it is like to be some real poor dude LOL :yay: Ok not that poor but compaired to a few bill in that bank.. you could burn my money and still get hypothermia!! :D

And a resounding HELL YEAH!!

Maybe if my avatar actually had a penis. Imagine going into the virtual environment with a full bladder, and then not being able to do anything about it?

You people should watch eXistenZ. Even though it's a bit old already it definitely is worth watching. I watched it again like two weeks ago and it still makes me think...

Surrogates was nice, yes, but the turn-off-thing at the end isn't what it would be like if we really had this. No chance that this would work.

Avatar? No chance I'm gonna watch that marketing hyped movie... ;)

Oh, and yes, I would like to test such a connection to a game, but not to a fighting one like EU.

uh...

I think someone made something like this already... no links or anything, but I remember seeing some internet ad or something a few years back.

Here's some interesting little links I just googled though...

http://moriash.blogspot.com/2006/08/wired.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-entropia-universe-ipodtouch.html#post1340067

http://www.senseboard.com/

pretty sure someone got EU to work using a wii mote as a mouse too, but can't find the link to that thread.

I know there's other oddball gizmos out there... just no time to google them at the moment.

I think I saw something the other day (can't remember if it was on a tv commercial, the news, or online somewhere) where a car manufacturer has made it so you can wave a box in front of a webcam and it will move around a 3d model... sort of like motion capture. That technology if fairly old, just not utilized in gaming much as far as gamer interaction with avatars. Would be cool to see more of that sort of stuff come alive eventualy.

Last edited:
Definitely, I would love to plug in and interact on Calypso. I am sure that will happen in the not too distant future. I think the head-set VR systems in the 90s failed due to poor graphics and motion sickness issues related to visual vs vestibular mismatch.
I am sure once they work out the head sets and enviroment suits we will be plugging into our avatars very soon!
I wonder how being chewed up by an Atrox feels........

Absolutely not.

I like to maintain that thin line between RL and games.

Are you f%#king kidding me? Not with a MA avatar.
No way I'm letting those people anywhere near MY braincells.:wise:
Other games though, yeah, it'd be really cool!

Hell Yes

I see entropia as the perfect platform to explore virtual reality technology with. Since its a RCE based game, the platform for possiblilities of income needed to design ,develop, and operate new VR technology, is already in place.

Just like paying 8ped a month to use voice, and 150 ped to buy a gold card reader, you could pay 100ped a month to use the VR, and pay 5000 ped for the VR equipment..Or whatever values would be proper, eh.

Since they are like a bank, and are now taking partners, all it takes is a planet partner willing to invest in the technology to make it happen...EU could be the FIRST VR MMO :yay:

Well thats just my 2 cents, I encourage any FPC, MA, ND, Or any future invester who is inspired from this idea, to hook a sister up :girl:

Immersion - and reaching ever deeper levels of it - is absolutely teh way to go. Count me in.

Um. Just a thought, I'm glad I picked an avatar of the same sex. Might be a bummer for all these guys with chick avatars if they got virtually violated in game. Omg I just made a great unintentional pun. Read back through and you'll catch it

B

Back