Connection Difficulties

tejon

Hatchling
Hi all,

I've been having a very similar problem to a few other topics on this forum section. I just can't seem to download updates using the update client, it will get to a big file, mainly PE.exe and just stop randomly before it finnishes, sometimes its 90% sometimes 10%. I managed to transfer that file once and then downloading a couple more smaller files, but when it got to wmvcore.dll it froze again. I've been trying for the last couple of days to patch this up to no avail.

FYI: This is my system:

AMD Athlon 64 4000
MSI NEO PLAT 2
RADEON x800 PRO
2GB DDR RAM
SB AUDIGY 2 ZS 9000

I'm on 2mb ADSL Internet with Belkin WIFI Router (UK Model)

I've put myself on the DMZ of the router and opened the three neccessary ports for transfer. I've had a look on the ftp to find the 7.6.3 update files but I cannot find them (I guess for security reasons). Im currently patched up to 7.3.0 but not going anywhere fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ben :)

Thought id repost to let you know I've found a work around.

To patch up from the 7.3.0 available: ftp://ftp.project-entropia.com/Clients/

Aside from the PE.exe most of the .dlls can be downloaded from other websites:

The PE.exe took me around 50 attempts to download.

http://www.dll-files.com/ is the site i used to download some of the .dlls that wouldnt finnish (once you have downloaded these put them into your games directory ((not windows/system32 as suggested elsewhere)) )

After the .dlls the rest of the files downloaded fine.

Now I'm not sure if this is pure co-incidence but I tried downloading the .dlls from: http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/M/MFC71.dll/7.10.3077.0/download.html

and every time the download timeout after 10-90% complete - could this be where these files are being downloading through the client?

Which only leaves the mysterious PE.exe.

Well enough of me ranting, I hope this provides something useful for someone, now I shall venture into the world that is Entropia :)

tejon said:
Hi all,

I've been having a very similar problem to a few other topics on this forum section. I just can't seem to download updates using the update client, it will get to a big file, mainly PE.exe and just stop randomly before it finnishes, sometimes its 90% sometimes 10%. I managed to transfer that file once and then downloading a couple more smaller files, but when it got to wmvcore.dll it froze again. I've been trying for the last couple of days to patch this up to no avail.

FYI: This is my system:

AMD Athlon 64 4000
MSI NEO PLAT 2
RADEON x800 PRO
2GB DDR RAM
SB AUDIGY 2 ZS 9000

I'm on 2mb ADSL Internet with Belkin WIFI Router (UK Model)

I've put myself on the DMZ of the router and opened the three neccessary ports for transfer. I've had a look on the ftp to find the 7.6.3 update files but I cannot find them (I guess for security reasons). Im currently patched up to 7.3.0 but not going anywhere fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ben :)
Had this problem once, long ago, using a noname router (only thing I remember is that it had a Cisco similar interface).
Try shutdown your firewall and antivirus then download.
If not working, restart your firewall and direct conect to internet (bypass router manually).
If not working, maybe your ISP redirects your FTP/HTTP traffic and has a problem with PE files, try to use a public proxy instead (set this proxy in IE, I think ClientLoader will use settings from there).

When I first started playing PE my connection kept dropping. A technically minded friend traced it to my router's "DoS defense dropping the connection because of a UDP flood". Anyway he changed something to do with that and it's worked fine ever since.

(I wish I understood what all that meant!)

Back