Connection Problems

GandalfSzary

Prowler
Society
www.EntropiaForum.pl
Gandalf GandalfSzary Szary
OK I got really weird problem there. When I try to log in into EU I got "connection error, servers offline ....." However second attempts works and I am able to log in. I don't like it tho because have to write login and pass 2 times and it takes 1 minute every time before I can get into game.

I am connecting via PPPoE

There is a modem to which I got connected Pentagram Router Cerberus

Tried dis/enabled UPnP/IPsec/PPTP/L2TP results same

It ain't problem of a system cause when I take notebook other place it does connect right away

Got 2 machines at home works same at both of them

Tried connected 1 of computer directly to the modem and problem is solved however what with 2nd one ? I would like to have Wifi connection at home where I can use 2 computer at once

Also connected via Lan to the router didn't solve it (so it ain't WIFI settings)

Conclution: It is 100% problem with router however I am running out of ideas there. Uploaded newer firmware, tried all of the WAN settings, added ports (however if ports were the problem I have could not log into at all).

Anyone got similar problem or got some ideas?

Does it do it every time you try to log in, or only when you've just started a session on that computer?

Authentication may be taking a second with the router causing it to deny you at first, then once you've authenticated it lets you through... I know some implementations of WPE and WEP are grindingly slow to do that first authentication :mad:

Just a thought; hope it helps!

Julius

well if I log in , log out and try to log in within short period of time then it will get me connected with 1st attempt. But 3-5 minute later same problem comes back.

I know some implementations of WPE and WEP are grindingly slow to do that first authentication

Are you talking here about WIFI authentication ? If so pls notice that I got internet connection thou this all time. I can open pages, download stuff whatever... Just with EU can't get it to work properly

Back