FYI: Conserning the Atlantis Archipelago Island Group

Zacariaz

Elite
Society
United Talents
Marie T'pol
In my endeavours to find a reasonable well secluded (want to be more or less alone) and untaxed low maturity Daikiba spawn for my next big project, I had an idea. The Atlantis Archipelago Island ground (between Medusa and Port Atlantis) I was sure that some Creatures must live there, though it might not be Daikiba, so I went to every single island, which took quite some time and imagine my surprise when I didn't find as much as a stray Fugabarba or even an outpost. Sure, there are Rasortooth all around, but as they live in the water and the islands serve little purpose. All to be found is at single Teleporter and Rasertooth.

No small amount of effort, I'm sure, went in to creating these beautiful islands, time and resources which might have been better spend elsewhere, so to be honest, I'm quite disappointed and frankly... I feel insulted.

What is the purpose? Sure you can go mining there, but to be honest, who does? The very uneven terrain only serves to make the experience less enjoyable and as far as I know, there are no special resources to be found.

So MA, FPC or who ever is responsible, why do you insist on continuously insulting my intelligence with your bad prioritising?

Do Better!​

So MA, FPC or who ever is responsible, why do you insist on continuously insulting my intelligence with your bad prioritising?

to be fair I think this whole thing had just a single purpose... to earn the devs a nice ammount of cash.
Unfortunately it failed quite miserably because the LAs sold for like 30kped each but I guess noone was expecting that over at FPC office.
So yeah i guess the islands failed their purpose so they'll just be ignored for more profitable projects to take their place now.

In what way does this have ANYTHING to do with prioritising? :confused:

to be fair I think this whole thing had just a single purpose... to earn the devs a nice ammount of cash.
Unfortunately it failed quite miserably because the LAs sold for like 30kped each but I guess noone was expecting that over at FPC office.
So yeah i guess the islands failed their purpose so they'll just be ignored for more profitable projects to take their place now.

And what are you talking about? Those are completely different islands...

In what way does this have ANYTHING to do with prioritising? :confused:

They make a choice to design, develop or whatever an Island ground which is used for nothing where as they could have been working on other stuff on a very long list to be done. That is prioritising as far as I know.

They make a choice to design, develop or whatever an Island ground which is used for nothing where as they could have been working on other stuff on a very long list to be done. That is prioritising as far as I know.

1) I am not sure that the island group actually took that long to make (could had been generated? dunno...)
2) Maybe its part of planning ahead for the future.
3) Yes, they could had focused on updating other servers before making that, but as far as I see those islands are just there to connect Medusas Head and Eudoria a bit...
4) Name a few things on the VERY long list that SDS should do first then.

1) I am not sure that the island group actually took that long to make (could had been generated? dunno...)
2) Maybe its part of planning ahead for the future.
3) Yes, they could had focused on updating other servers before making that, but as far as I see those islands are just there to connect Medusas Head and Eudoria a bit...
4) Name a few things on the VERY long list that SDS should do first then.

1) I can almost certainly say that it wasn't just "generated", but other than that, sure, it hasn't been that big a deal.
2) If it is, I will be very surprised. For now I'm quite certain it's just for the looks.
3) But why are they needed to connect medusa with the rest? Medusa could have been moves closer or it could just be open ocean in between.
4) I could name many, but that's really beside the point. This is, after all, just another rant.

The islands are there so that you can get to the fishies.

I think they may have some event purpose in the near future.
Don't think they will just create it for nothing but then again I may be wrong.
Only time will tell so no use in worrying about it now.
Give it 2 years and if nothing has happened to them yet then start asking WTF

The best thing that can be made of all the arhipelago server is to turn it in to a battle field for Naglfar's.
Otherwise , those boats are pretty useless with all those weapons. No room for boats in the Fort events.

They already have the Fort system , so could make something simmilar on water.
:twocents:

Back