Help: Consistant profit with Mod Merc + Shadow ?

Bullet 007

Provider
Society
Honest Entropians
David Bullet Smith
Hi guys, if I got a mod merc and shadow armour would I consistantly profit?
Or is it just the same as with any level weapons and armour, just a gamble?

Hi guys, if I got a mod merc and shadow armour would I consistantly profit?
Or is it just the same as with any level weapons and armour, just a gamble?

Hmm..

Too profit u need the right mindset ;)

In pixie u can profit too, even naked :eek:

Oow, yes ofc u need a bit off luck ...

If you have the right skills, attitude, cycle enough and hunt the right mobs at the right time you will profit.

It might help, but ya also need a lot of knowledge to be able to profit ;)

(or luck hah)

If i understand correctly your signature, you have or had a Ghost armour.

Did you felt that it helped you profit compared to, say, Goblin or Pixie?

As for weapon. If you'd have a Korss 400 in each hand, and able to shoot them both, do you think you'd profit?

If ya ganna shoot a mod merc for profit you need the skills to use it properly.

Yes ive had ghost before and used a korss and not really had many better loots than pixie and opollo (obviously in relation to the peds spent always less than tt return on average)
ill really try and rephrase my question.
If I was to spend $50,000 on a mod merc, shadow armour and skills to use the gun would I profit, consistantly, for example each month be able to withdraw say $2000.

Please keep the replys on topic dont answer with things like youd be better spending it on x y or z in real life. This is a question about the game.

I am just debating buying such a set up but only if I will consistantly profit each month, yes I know there will be bad runs, thats expected i dont expect to profit each and every run but on AVERAGE each month.

there's no profit guaranted on EU

Nothing is guaranteed profit, it's possible to profit at all levels, but you will never win versus the system.

The idea that Shadow armor will help you profit I think is a little silly in that it only allows you to hunt bigger mobs. Bigger mobs have the same loot swings as smaller mobs, but just larger numbers, requiring more money to be able to play through the bad swings.

The mod merc will make your play more efficient (if you have the skills) which helps cut down on costs, but your ability to profit will still entirely depend on what you loot, and what you do with it.

If you think it will take $50,000 to play at that level, try doubling that amount because you will need a very large bankroll to play with as well. You wouldn't be able to buy all that gear and then play the game for $50 a month. A few bad runs could still wipe you out if you don't have the funds there as a cushion...

If you don't have the skills or knowledge to use them properly, buying Mod Merc and Shadow will guarantee a consistent loss.

How oleg?
And how could u learn how to use it?

Im not being negative I appreciate all comments, im just doing alot of research before I possibly buy (or not).

How oleg?

Im not being negative I appreciate all comments, im just doing alot of research before I possibly buy (or not).
If you don't use your brain, you can use your wallet. Your choice:
- buy shadow + mod merc, and have a blast, take whatever comes your way
- buy shadow + mod merc, research available mobs, loots, strategies, faps, decays, maturities, ecos, crap like that, and test 2-3 of those strategies to see if they're right, and you're on your way to a boring and steady small profit acquiring hunting career.

the way i see it is if your going all out on buying shadow and a mod merc unless you have the skill you are going to be letting peds run out ya ass,

unless you have really high evade and are missing alot of the mobs hits the shadow decay is going to burn a big ass whole in your pocket.....

yep
true here
depends on what you do you'll do ok
you don't need that uber equip, ofc, with a fast cycle, it'll make faster profit

How oleg?

Would it help if I told you that Shadow decays a minimum of 1.84 pec on every single hit, even if it's a 1.0 from an Exa Young?

I would say try making a profit with small (L) guns (where you don't take into account the markup paid, so can still be a loss). You need to learn when to switch mobs, how to best tag, use finisher, choose good markup looting mobs, when to team etc. Being in an active soc helps.

I wouldn't do a "neomaven" unless it was just play money.

Yes ive had ghost before and used a korss and not really had many better loots than pixie and opollo (obviously in relation to the peds spent always less than tt return on average)
If I was to spend $50,000 on a mod merc, shadow armour and skills to use the gun would I profit, consistantly, for example each month be able to withdraw say $2000.

Please keep the replys on topic dont answer with things like youd be better spending it on x y or z in real life. This is a question about the game.

I am just debating buying such a set up but only if I will consistantly profit each month, yes I know there will be bad runs, thats expected i dont expect to profit each and every run but on AVERAGE each month.

First of all - there are absolutely no way to make a guaranteed constant profit on activities ! be it mining - hunting - crafting ....
Trading perhaps ... but requiers a pretty large bankroll ..and a LOT of online time .... (probably be better off getting a second job) :)

Second - if a specific "setup" would endure a steady income to withdraw each month, I doubt you would see sales-threads of all those UBER-stuff ... and a Mod-Merc would cost like +1,000,000 at least. (why sell a golden egg lying chicken) :-D

Steady income ..... Only real thing is buying a PLANET.

But the fun-factor with such a setup u mention is something different. :)

GL on your choice and way.

Can u profit with a p5a(L) ? If you cant, u wont profit with a Mod Merc either ;)

TJ:bandit:

Personally i would wait or ask an uber who actually uses shadow and MM and decent skills on a daily basis, before listening to people that do not!

Just my two pecs

Rgds

Ace

I have none of the above so i would not pretend to give advice on it. Cause sure you could go out and use a p5L, and see if you profit, but i will eat my hat if you get the same loot with the smaller mobs. Than you would with the mobs you can kill in Shadow and MM

MM+Shadow isn't a 350k invesment. It's a 1Mped investment. You need skills, both RL and ingame. You also need fap (50k-300k). You need evade (60k) and you need health (200k). And you also need the gumption to take a 100kped loss and keep hunting.

No you would not CONSISTENTLY profit. But you might make less of a loss.

Hi Bullet,
I know that you are one of the few person who really woud invest that amount of PEDs and not just acting like MMABigshow :).

You can answer your question pretty simple:
There are few people who make enough PEDs in game to live from that. Skippie is the one who does more or less exactly what you plan. But I don't know his skills and I don't know, if it works for him as planned. He plays EU as a job, but only since a few months, so I don't know if he will do that for the next years.

Problem I see:
1) You need to know a LOT about the game. From your question and the discussions we had a while ago, I have the feeling you know as much as I do... which results in: not enough knowledge to profit enough.
2) EU might change any date. You don't know what happens when new planets open. You never know if MA plans to nerve amps or anything else.

My advice:
Take the best setup you have right now and play as serious focused on profit as you can. Track every run you do. After 500 to 1000 runs you can do a simple estimation:
What mobs did you kill with current setup and what mobs you plan to kill in the future? Use the mobs health and dps changes and based on your results you can, in my opinion, do a good estimation if you would make enough PEDs to live from that.

I did that for me, and I couldn't live from that plus it's not what I want to do 10 hours/7days/week.

It is possible to profit constantly (in the long run), as my excel tells me for the last 2 years. But the win for me is so low, I could never live from that.

As all others said, buying items is not the only key. You need add the cost of the skills as well. Just did a quick run on Jdegre's chipping optimizer from a complete new avatar for reaching Laser Pistoleer lvl 100 (and I am no pro, so the numbers are most likely just to give you an idea):

Via unlocks:
Unlock Markmanship: 188 ped
Unlock Serendipity: 2371 ped
Unlock Coolness: 4191 ped
Unlock Combat Sense: 8244 ped
Unlock Commando: 35644 ped
Rest to lvl 100: 99624 ped.

This neglects that agility is raised by skilling naturally and adds 60% to the skills (if nothing changed lately that is). However this is just Laser Pistoleer (Hit), you will need (Dmg), Evader, HP and Paramedic as well.

Which route to take to fully chip an avatar from zero to be able to use all necessary items efficiently could an interesting topic in itself. Anyone wants to start it? :D

As all others said, buying items is not the only key. You need add the cost of the skills as well. Just did a quick run on Jdegre's chipping optimizer from a complete new avatar for reaching Laser Pistoleer lvl 100 (and I am no pro, so the numbers are most likely just to give you an idea):

Via unlocks:
Unlock Markmanship: 188 ped
Unlock Serendipity: 2371 ped
Unlock Coolness: 4191 ped
Unlock Combat Sense: 8244 ped
Unlock Commando: 35644 ped
Rest to lvl 100: 99624 ped.

This neglects that agility is raised by skilling naturally and adds 60% to the skills (if nothing changed lately that is). However this is just Laser Pistoleer (Hit), you will need (Dmg), Evader, HP and Paramedic as well.

Which route to take to fully chip an avatar from zero to be able to use all necessary items efficiently could an interesting topic in itself. Anyone wants to start it? :D

Let's not forget about wounding, killstrike and 100dmg too :)

Not true. There are ways you can always profit. For example shave heads :D

By the way I offer a shaving head service and other haircuts at competitive prices. Come to me for your haircuts and other beauty treatment - shameless plug :) But I know you get my point now ...

check what gives the best MU, see what is needed to hunt that, perhaps shadow and an amazing fap is even a little to big.
The eco of MM is pretty good, so what mob will drop the most MU on avarage?
That is your target, you can easely go for cheap (L) faps and armour
Faps and Armour does not kill, however if you are engaging a high HP mob it will eat your armour, and if your fap is insufficiant you will loose by dying.

Evade should be the best fap, but then again, high lvl mobs just beat you anyways=) In that case the Impmk II would give you a better advantage in lessening the costs.

And mobs and loot might vary, also the MU on stuff fluctuates, and also new planets might either disrupt or enhance the client base.
It is a gamble, although a very fun one=)

would I profit, consistantly, for example each month be able to withdraw say $2000.

No. You can expect, at an average hunting day of 10-12 hours something like 1k$ monthly. But that includes mainly the profit from skills which lately dropped dramatically. I mean, the profit which you'd make on various looted markup tends to be recirculated in ammo & decay and markup can lack for months (i.e. items) while skill is constant flow.

If you think at living of EU, aside from owning CP/CND/TI, the only valid option is trading.

That if you live in a country with average salary higher than, say, 1700 or so EUR. If you live in a country where you can't get higher than 1k EUR, ok then EU might have to offer something, but then again, the initial investment is even more challenging.

Besides, an IRL employer pays some insurances, has a lower working program than that needed in EU (in general, at least) and, most important and overlooked in EU, you have payed holiday.

Another important aspect is that if your employer goes belly-up tomorrow, chances are there are others hiring people in your job. If EU goes down, WoW doesn't hire MM users.

Because, otherwise, if you buy MM for casual hunting, hence keeping IRL job and doing some 2-3 hours hunts there's no way in hell you can profit in those numbers.

Of course, MM itself is a great item. But look at the whole picture.

Take note, I am not advocating against investition in an expensive item. Just wanted to add my view on living of EU income. And I know people who do that so I am not making things up. Maybe look around for MM users and ask their advice on private messaging for a feedback?

No offense to original poster, but I think that if someone considers a mod merc, that person should be well aware of the potential benefits and shortcomings of owning and maintaining such a weapon.

Try a bunch 8 hour grind sessions with HL18 (L) / or HL20 (L) to get an idea how the turnover will look like. Then do some math, what you will save on decay bills and paying (L) markup. Then take in account the potential loss of effectiveness when using MM, while not having 10/10 in required professions.
Not skilled enough to use HL18 (L)? Then MM will not bring "profit", it will just destroy pedcard very fast. And speaking of pedcards, MM requires a huge one, for daily hunting.

If you buy a MM, you better be ready to set aside 6~8 hours a day for hunting sessions, and have enough ped on hand to use it for that long, AND be able to hang through the low loot periods.

I can't speak from experience of owning or using a MM (I wish...!) but there are some things here that others aren't saying. Weapon used affects your loot. The guy above me saying use HL18/HL20 and see how your loot is, and just adjust decay? Won't work. What you get in loot with HL18/HL20 is NOT the same as what you would get in the loot with a MM, so you would get false statistics.

Good tactic with a weapon such as a MM is to hunt high-MU drop mobs, such as Fresco, Scip, Chomper (to name but a few) because their high regen is virtually negated by the MM. There are a ton of other mobs you can hunt effectively solo, or in a team (can plow easily through most of CP with a MM, provided you have good skills/fap for it).

But I warn you, this is not an investment to be taken lightly. You will have to invest greater than 1mil peds ($100,000+) if you are a "lowbie", in order to reach effective eco status on the gun, AND have the relative skills to match (evade, paramedic, health, etc). This isn't counting a "regular" purchase such as Adj Fap, or armor such as shadow/angel (although Martial SGA would probably be a good purchase at this point).

My suggestion is to talk with current owners of MM's (Skippie and Blackhawk come to mind first, as well as Stryker and Grave) and get their take and opinion on how well the MM performs for them, and if they 'profit' or not.
Sadly, a lot of people I speak with ingame who say "Ya, we profit all the time!", I get clarification - and their "profit" is their skillgains... which doesn't count until you chip them out!

Now on the flip side of this, is the range of UL weapons we have. Genesis Firefly UL, Niflheim UL, Emik X5 - a lot of these are way way cheaper to get and use (skills included) than the MM is, and get maxed far earlier than MM would (40~70 pro level vs 100 pro level) - and give you the option of chipping out the 'extra' skills above that level for extra profit. There are some that also are incredible damage dealers for decent eco (Niflheim comes to mind, and I'd assume the HL18 SGA rocks too ;)).

Either case, and this is putting it VERY bluntly - consider any money you put into EU for an upgrade such as this gone and burned.
You won't be withdrawing (outside of an ATH) anytime for probably at least the first 6-10 months. You will need a high ped base so that you can stockpile ALL your loots, and sell at market for maximum return (101% beats TT for 1k ped+ of common crap) - and I'm talking probably 20k~40k ped that can just sit ingame and be cycled as ammo into loot, and won't slow you down for you to just sit it in storage until market hits peak on it, and then sell it for maximum profit.

Whatever your decision, make sure you do full research yourself into what you want to do... ask yourself questions such as,
What do I want to hunt?
What do I want to loot?
Do I want to gamble? (high regen mobs w/random uberhof chance, but low loot, vs regular mobs with constant loot)
Do I really have this much money to say "byebye" to for some years?

Final note - highest chance of continual profit in this game is a Land Area (preferably several...), plain and simple. Problem is, you need a good land area with good DNA (unique is a nice addition) in a good location (well... now with ability to buy TP's for 25k ped, location isn't much of a problem) and it has to be managed well (events, advertisement, etc). And unfortunately those tend to be excess of 200k+ ped... closer to 300k+ - and all the good ones are currently taken :(.

Back