Construction wizard success rate!?

Sara Serenity

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Sara Shinobu Serenity
I am sure that this has come up before but I am not sure what's going on here.

I am truely confused as to why the construction wizard on the crafting machine tells me I have a 90% success rate on a basic wires Bp but when I craft it I am getting 23-29% success on the final statistics. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some kind of trick that I don't know about? Is it something to do with my skills? I am seeing over a 60% loss every time I craft any blueprint.

Can someone explain this phenomenon? Because this is utterly ridiculous.

So the 90% is TT return rate, where as the 30ish% is the chance of success rate. Don't forget that near success do not count in the success statistic, yet you gain TT value on each one.

So basically what you are saying is if I do a run of say 100 for example I am only looking at the maximum of 30 actual successful crafts. And the rest is a mixture of nears and failure?

So I should take everything I make at then of 100 crafts including the returned materials and that should add up to 90%?

I am confused now

That's exactly right.

Chance of success is not return rate.

At the end of your, put everything in the TT to see your TT return rate (remembering the PEDs as well where you told the machine to automatically TT items below a certain TT value.) This total TT value should be around the 90% mark provided that you are using a low-end BP that you have maxed out. If you run a BP with 74% skill ability on it, then you're likely not to hit the 90% mark.

You'd probably need one of expert crafters to give their more in depth knowledge if you need to know more than that.

it's more like "efficiency".

I can only suppose but let's say MA want the craft to succeed in long term at about 30% then if you have 95% you will get 95% of those 30%

its just an info about how is the risk depending on your skills. just like the hit accuracy for weapons. you can have 100% accuracy but the mobs will still evade some of your shots. And if you have say 50% accuracy you will suffer evade + lots of miss because you are not skilled enough.

just my 2cents about how you should look at this.

I am not sure how skills are playing an effect here... If it's always this 30% across the board or does it change once you are over a certain skill level in the specific crafting profession... Is it always 30% or can it improve?

30% is a supposition. What we know is that MA seems to play with this number and many people can verify that.

so its not based on skills, what skills change is the efficiency you will be crafting at.

if you are maxed then you will not miss some success you would have missed if you were not maxed.
But you can be maxed on a bp and get 20% success on 100 clicks and another time get 40%.

"30%" is a long term effect on a huge number of lcicks and not player-linked. That just means that for the overall of lcicks done by all the players it will be like that number, and if you do A LOT of clicks then you will certainly approach this percentage.

but as i told ya, nobody knows this exact number since it seems to change from time to time and nobody can do enough clicks to be 100% sure, you would need the data of all the players together to find out its average value.

to resume, there are 2 numbers :

1/ the percentage of overall average success rate for all the playerbase in the long term (verified after X clicks without any change from MA)
the caracteristics would be 1stly the average %age, and 2ndly the volatility of this percentage (the more volatility, the more clicks needed for the average % to reach the % designed by MA)

nobody knows exactly this number, and MA will never tell it.

2/ the percentage of efficiency you will have while crafting depending on your skills and the QR of the BP, the higher this amount, the less waste on the average success rate you can have.

this number is the %age you got in the crafting machine.

if i made any mistake, dont hesitate to correct me.

Last edited:
30% is a supposition. What we know is that MA seems to play with this number and many people can verify that.

so its not based on skills, what skills change is the efficiency you will be crafting at.

if you are maxed then you will not miss some success you would have missed if you were not maxed.
But you can be maxed on a bp and get 20% success on 100 clicks and another time get 40%.

"30%" is a long term effect on a huge number of lcicks and not player-linked. That just means that for the overall of lcicks done by all the players it will be like that number, and if you do A LOT of clicks then you will certainly approach this percentage.

but as i told ya, nobody knows this exact number since it seems to change from time to time and nobody can do enough clicks to be 100% sure, you would need the data of all the players together to find out its average value.

to resume, there are 2 numbers :

1/ the percentage of overall average success rate for all the playerbase in the long term (verified after X clicks without any change from MA)
the caracteristics would be 1stly the average %age, and 2ndly the volatility of this percentage (the more volatility, the more clicks needed for the average % to reach the % designed by MA)

nobody knows exactly this number, and MA will never tell it.

2/ the percentage of efficiency you will have while crafting depending on your skills and the QR of the BP, the higher this amount, the less waste on the average success rate you can have.

this number is the %age you got in the crafting machine.

if i made any mistake, dont hesitate to correct me.

You left out the part where all three lead milk jugs have to be knocked completely off the large table with the wiffle ball. Merely knocking them over is not good enough.

You left out the part where all three lead milk jugs have to be knocked completely off the large table with the wiffle ball. Merely knocking them over is not good enough.

my bad, that's very important yeah

however, I tend to suspect MA to add regularly some glue on the table so you can't get them knocked off it

Back