Content List VU 9.0

All seemed good/reasonable until I got to the foot guards bit ... 'finally introduced' hmmm ... hands up who was banging down the door to have their full set of armour/plates turned into a partial set.

I don't like to whinge about VUs but that is going to extremely expensive for some ... I'm guessing that just cost anyone with Angel upwards $1,000+. 9.1 will presumably remove the triggers from everyone's guns!

Other than that looks ok.

Too bad

too bad :rolleyes:

Cost for me :
1 5b plate
+ 1 6a plate
+ 1 6b plate
+ 1 2a plate
+ 1 neme footguard
+ 1 gremlin footguard
+ 1 kobold footguard
+ 1 goblin footguard
+ 1 pixie footguard

I would say around 600 peds to have the same level of protection as before

And I have cheap armors

As someone has suggested, give to all players that have a complete set (armor and plate) the missing part

Axel

hey at least we have banks now to get a loan for changing cloths :yay:

mhmm giving an OJ a free set of clothes forces him to go sweating several hours to put them on .. great :laugh:

in a VU far far away......

"VU 15.0

with the implementation of the "cryengine2" we have decided to charge each avatar 5 pec per keypress, 5 pec per mouse movement and 2 pec per mouse click.

we have also decicded to reduce lag by taxing you 10ped to login , 20 ped to log out. "
:rolleyes:

as an owner of 100 clothing items I will be placing these in an art gallery as they are no longer usable items for me

hehe :rofl:

Yes, was wery excited waking up this morning but now pretty pissed of and i havent even loged in game yet. I sent a support to ma about the 2pec rule however i think the armor feet is implemented and nothing can be done about that :(

support submited

Judging from the public uproar i think (hope) action will be taken to renounce on the 2 pec fee. Something like that would be viable in a place where you can actually play with no concern if ped will last you for the duration of the day.That bein said, i`m ok on that tax if loot will be adjusted accordingly.It`s just the gesture that kinda ticks me off not the ammount.

1. Public uproar will do nothing - MA wuld have anticipated the community's response to this punitive charge, but they went ahead with it anyway. Thus, any protest will have no effect.

2. The loot adjust accordingly? LOL :D This tax is so MA can pay for all the extra coders and overtime needed to produce this VU - we are paying for this. MA will not help us pay...

Am saddened and disappointed by this new tax - and lets call it a tax, for that is exactly what it is. :(

First thoughts that came to my mind when I saw the armor / clothing tax was, I better be prepared to sell out. After a few minutes, I decided to wait and see as I expect a quick mini update to at least fix the 2 pecs decay per item changed after this outcry.

Reasons :

I got multiple sets of armor, and I am not unique in this. Most mid level players I know have at least 2 sets of armor. Some have more.

So, now, we have to loot / craft / buy one more item for each of our sets to make them complete. That is going to cost peds. We have different armor sets so that we can use the best armor for the forthcoming hunt.

And now MA has perfect control over how many full sets of any armor there is in the game. If they decide that only the top 10 richest players can own shadow sets, they just have to release only 10 more new shadow parts. All the rest of you are out of luck - you only have partial sets from now on and will never be as protected as you were previously.

The reason given of being charged to reduce lag does not make sense, as once you are wearing something, and as long as you don't remove it, you will still increase lag due to the number of items being drawn on the screen. Does that mean that those who wear something and do not change it for the next week reduce the lag? Or will we start to get charged per hour we wearing something, as the items to draw will always be at the higher number until unequipped?

What about those who carry around amped guns with scope and lasers? Doesn't that also increase lag as that increases the visible item count by 5? Is that going to be the next tax?

Everytime you equip clothing / armor, we are going to get charged in decay. As I understand, MA earns only from decay. So, does this mean this is a sudden infusion of profits?

This VU brings out more questions then answers for me.

PS: Am also going to send this into support.

2 pec for changing armor/clothes cause of lag... what next?
-another 2 ammo every shot?
-bombs 2 pec more expensive?
-2 pec per emote you make?
-2 pec for every 100 meters you walk?

-2 pec for every complaint you make ? ;-)

"a deterioration of 2 PEC per item has been introduced when equipping garments and armor"

okay, my english not that good that i really understand this sentence, but does this mean that everytime i equip armor it takes 2pec decay? Oo

Your english is fine, you understand the sentence perfectly.

This "strip tax" with it's weak justification of "staving off lag" will be levied every time you take stuff on and off. So:

-getting ready for a party will decay you clothes and armor when you put them on...each piece.
-swapping armors will incur a decay...for each piece equipped.

What's next to reduce lag. Chat-tax? Running tax? Octagon-arena tax? Will I be charged for emotes, too?

And don't miss the footguard bit. That is even *more* decay as it is another piece to equip/unequip, though I hope usual decay will not increase as the same aount of decay should be taken by the whole set. And until you get those footguards, we will have an "achilles heel" of sorts. ;)

And, what a "perfect" time to implement the tax: a time in the game's history where so many people are going to be trying on clothes to change their look for the new graphics. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Lots of nice things graphics wise im sure, but some very nasty nerfs (or so it looks for now) done on armor wearing and armor sets gives me a sauer taste :/.

14 pec decay for equipping doesn't make me happy already, but I really have big problems with the new introduced footguards. I didn't collect 9 complete armorsets in the past to be suprized like this, and only till 9.1 i can still use them without investing again :/. Especially afraid about my two 'higher class' armors phantom and viking, and ofcourse the need of extra plates.
Silently hoping for some wonder for full-set owners (but unfair already if you wear mixed setup for instance), but i fear the worst :(

So armor and clothes are becoming uber?

So armor and clothes are becoming uber? When this new VU keeps its 2pec equiping feature, Most ppl will be catapulted back to naked hunting with OJ's (no decay on those?) :cool:

Why where the umbranoids removed? Were they too 'offensive' content for certain markets? And where's the storyline in all this? :D

I the equiping 2pecs for regular items only? or for both regular and L items. If it's for regular items only, it will make them uber in time. Especially since crafting them seems to be no longer possible atm. Cool, I'm so happy with those expensive tailoring bp's I just bought :scratch2:

Ppl look up the meaning of 'entropy' in wikipedia :wtg:
Then you'll understand

best regards
Naomi

How would charging players for equiping armor/clothes (per part) reduce lag?
Its the same as IRL:

"Sorry the mall is to crowded we will charge you 1 extra dollar at the register."

I had an full Jaguar set this morning, I expect MA to reimburse me and make it a full Jaguar set when I return this nite... (Including 5B for an extra part of thats nesesary.. And TT value of all 7-8-9-? parts must be same TT value as the previous 6 part set was, protection be the same and so on.

If they break it up into more than 6 parts that previously protected my body fine, they shouldnt make it be more decaying, or higher TT value... My two cents.. :mad:

I sure as hell understand why ppl are frustrated with a 2pec unwear and wear price. wtf are you thinking about MA? :scratch2:

The content list for the new VU sounds great, I can't wait to see it.:yay:

There is unfortunately the issue of the amor/clothes equipping fee, and I have to agree with everyone else that this new tax seems to be a bit much.:(

I could have accepted a 2 pec fee if I was able to equip an entire armor set at once. But 2 pec per part or item of clothing is too much.

Since clothing does not serve a real purpose (aside from looks) it is unreasonable to expect people to pay to wear clothing. It costs enough to buy the stuff in the first place.

I have never been a fashion victim so I usually run around in the same clothes all the time. I guess now I will put all my clothes in storage and run around only in my underwear and armor.

I find it hard to believe that the fee is necessary to reduce lag. I always thought that reducing lag was something that MA should do to make EU better to attract new players and keep older players happy and in the game more. I don't think it is something that we should pay extra for. Maybe Marco could explain how lag will be reduced or how it is affected by equipping clothes/armor.

It is understandable that the community is upset about this new fee.

The issue of another armor part (foot) added is not necessarily a bad thing, it all depends on how much of it drops. If we can easily loot the foot guards for our existing armor "sets", then it is good because it gives us a new goal or quest. If the drop rate for foot guards is too low, the price for purchasing them will skyrocket and many will end up not being able to afford them.

I will wait until I have experienced our new and improved universe before judging it, but I agree with everyone else that the fee to equip armor/clothing parts is not good.

Cheers :beerchug:

Umbranoids were removed as they do not wear clothes, and as such were not enough of an income stream for MA. Expect the same thing to soon happen to non-depositors...

Might be that clothing and armour will drop in price now as everybody just need one set from now on and never change it

all looks good apart from the 2pec clothing/armour tax, the lag excuse is just a joke.

if lag is a problem, then force people to wait 5 mins (or what ever) before changing your gear, or get a better system.

at least be honest about it , 2pec charge introduced cause we want more peds off you, i could live with that.

shame, cause it looks like another good VU.

Sheiz - someone give me a 0ped orange suit back...

I can't remember seeing such customer outrage since Coke was busted selling tap water in the UK (pretending it was special spring water). Or when Coke released New Coke and lost a shitload of market share to Pepsi.

WAKE UP MA - Remove the 2 pec charge - it is Bullshit - you seem to be stuck in the darkages - your customers can communicate now and will move on.

I love EU - I genuinely don't want to see a mass exodus. Have you not noticed that a competitor has entered Alpha testing????? and will be very keen to take all your customers.

"Sorry the mall is to crowded we will charge you 1 extra dollar at the register."[/QUOTE]

LOL:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Judging from the public uproar i think (hope) action will be taken to renounce on the 2 pec fee.

Yeah, because that is how MA usually do it, right?

I think it is more likely we will see Marco pop in and talk about how his worst nightmare are noobs logging in to port atlantis and getting lagged out right away because people are just taking their armor on and off there, then disappear for 1 month again, only to come back with a new "fanciest dress contest" with a 0 pec hogglostatue as reward.... Or maybe they will use this extra money to hire a proper community relations person, one who will actually stop by here every now and then to juggle these hairbrained ideas with us?

MA have obviously learned from how banks operate, with charging a penny here, a fraction of a penny on uneven pec-values, and so on. For us, it is no noticable cost, but for MA it all adds up to that brand new ferrarri. What bugs me though, is the nonchalance in which they brand us all complete morons to actually believe their explanations about how they are implementing this for our own good!

MA: " we are smart" . . . OoOoOoO

they thinking of " we are smart" like s..id.
they will be considering this idea soon..
cause nobody not stupid...

The clothing/armor tax is just unacceptable, I hope the folks at MA are glancing at this board and taking note of the seething outrage in the community. This one is not going to be tolerated. I'm not happy about the 7th armor piece either, extra plate, extra pieces for my looted armors, not good. While I'm fairly confident Auktuma will be selling the ghost foot by the end of the day for example those with higher end looted sets are not going to be happy at all.

One of the World's Largest Virtual Economies Partners With Chinese Cyber-Giant to Create a New Network Capable of Handling 7 Million Concurrent Users and $1 Billion in Commerce Annually

Currently only have 650000 "registered" accounts according to the front page of EU's site.
So I guess their solution to handling anywhere close to 1 million CONCURRENT users is to upgrade their servers 2pecs at a time, at our cost!

I predict that the 2 pec tax was just an extra bad thing for as all to be pissed off with, so that they can get away with adding the foot guard and everyone will feel good that they got MA to remove the 2 pecs tax and accept the foot guard.

The issue of another armor part (foot) added is not necessarily a bad thing, it all depends on how much of it drops. If we can easily loot the foot guards for our existing armor "sets", then it is good because it gives us a new goal or quest. If the drop rate for foot guards is too low, the price for purchasing them will skyrocket and many will end up not being able to afford them.

I am assuming they will drop in proportion to other pieces of the same set, if not then fine, but assuming this is true this has just landed everyone with a big bill. If MA want the repair from an additional piece and the equip tax then fine (kind of) but the upfront cost of getting the foot guards is IMO the main problem.

In an attempt to stave off a lag increase, a deterioration of 2 PEC per item has been introduced when equipping garments and armor.

Marcocopy.jpg

But seriously...

Though I think there is a reason behind this. Not sure how the MA Servers work, but perhaps that when you change clothes or armour, the servers become updated with how your avatar now looks. In turn they need to update everyone else around how you now appear, so everyone is 'up to date' with other avatars visuals. Perhaps lag happens when a lot of people keep switching between clothes/armour, thus the frequent updating slows things down. The fee is meant to make people think twice about changing clothes - if there is a fee, less people change clothes -> less updates needed to be done -> less data transferred.

I think, at a guess. :scratch2: Only probable explanation, but a bad move nonetheless. If thats the case, perhaps a better and FREE alternative is to limit the amount of clothes/armour switched a player can do in a given amount of time. Same effect, less cost for players.

As for clothes becoming deteriorated... how many of us have low TT clothes since there was no point in having them 100% repaired? A lot of us. Meaning if we want to look good again, we'll need to spend some $ to repair them all.

Overall it sounds as though its a really good update, yet as Usurper said, the thing thats really made it sink is these new fees that have been introduced. Good job on the VU MA, but remove the fees.

And Im in asdasd asdadasdasd (too short)

Back