Ido

Stalker
Society
Planet Express
Ido Starlit Sunrider
As posted in:
http://entropiaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83963

Thank you for your kind words desg90 and Sims

Once VU will be launched and i get home from work i will do my best to post pictures of the new hairstyles into this post

As i live in Europe it might be a good treat for all you beauty fans stuck at work in America. All others will be free to come and see the styles for themselves at TI City Platinum 9 A

These are the currently available hairstyles till VU 9.1 you can go to www.idosunrider.com to see close-ups

CONTEST

The aim of the contest is to help me name the haircuts that were introduced with the new VU.

The prize is: a FREE Haircut coupon for 2 people that will propose the most fitest names... the number of names chosen decides the winner.

the contests ends on friday - midnight :D

Submit your responses in the following format:
ONE POST PER PARTICIPANT PLEASE
you can enter up to 10 options maximizing
your chances ;)

-----------------Cut Here------------------

1: Bald
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7: Pony tails & Wide Mohawk
8:
9:
10:

Norice that if the style is different for M and F you can specify 2 names like in case of #7 :)

Also try suggesting all 10 names maximizing your chance for wining

Let your imagination run free
and dont forget to visit
http://www.idosunrider.com

Last edited:
#2 Scofield Cut (guy from prisonbreak)

Style 8: Male: Slim n' Smooth Afro
Female: Double Curve n' Curl

Style 9 female is an A-line cut.
Not very creative i know but thats what it is.

1: Q-Ball
2: Tight
3: Bun & Wave
4: Housewife & Surfer
5: Starlight & Moretail
6: Long Waves & Flat Top
7: Pippy Longstocking & Deviated Hawk
8: 60's Special & DaFro
9: Silloette & Cool Guy
10: Hottie & Joe Cool

1: Tonsure
2: Crew Cut
3: Bun & Veritcal Fluffs
4: Side Bangs
5: Bob Cut & Duck Tail
6: Mop Top & Flat Top
7: Twin Tails & Shaved Sides
8: Lion's Mane & Mini Afro
9: Centre Parting & Emo Cut
10: Finger Curls & Finger Fringes

:cool:

2:Ripley (F) or Scrub (M)
3:Librarian (F) or Tuff (M)
4:Mary Jane (F) or Surfer (M)
5:Sweet (F) or Fade (M)
6:June (F) or Spike (M)
8:Suzy Q (F) or John Q (M)
9:Margo (F) or Steve (M)
10:Stephanie (F) or Suave (M)

1. Monk's Cut both
2. Fuzzy Bear Cut both
3. Slick Back Ball, SleepyHead
4. Meduim Flip Cut females, Meduim Straight
5. Lopped side, DuckTail
6. Long, Standing Box
7. NewAge PigTails, Long Mohawk
8. 60's MaryJane, Smooth Afro
9. A-line Bob, CoolMan
10. Crying Cut, Finger Fringe

Number 7 should just be Pig Tails and Pompodour. A pony tail comes out of the back of the head, pig tails come out of the side :)

......F...... M
1: Bald, 8-Ball
2: Light Shave, Military
3: Hair Bun, Ceasar Cut
4: Flare Cut, Shag
5: Straightend, Pony Tail
6: lush, flat top
7: Pig tails, Thick Mohawk
8: Hair Band, Helmet
9: Wave, boy band
10: Flutter, Elvis

2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
8:
9:
10:

Just a suggestion, but number 7 is not pony tails they (at least in the UK) are called "bunches", as in the hair is bunched together. Calling it a pony tail is only going to confuse people when the actual pony tail (e.g. one single bunch at the back or top of the head) is unlocked - which it will be, as it is featured in the screenies...

Will come up with some name suggestions in the morning :D

True true thats what i ment ... pig tails :p i was just high on life and thinking bout ponies :p lala lala laala ;) j/k

Thx for correction and looking forward to your suggestions

Lemme give you my most exotic selection.
A mix of some languages just to give it a fancy feeling.

1. Roman Calvatta
2. Settler Short
3. Classic Bun & Windy Blaze
4. Casual Long
5. Chinese Fall & Equus Tail
6. Mignonette Flux & Hunter Short
7. Chouette Tails & Calypsonian Mohawk
8. Retro Relish & Kaskette Kortto
9. Neo-Sayah & Emotiff Curtain
10. High-Bureaucrat Rideau & Nouveau Cosmopolitan Coiffure

If you need translations from these barbarisms/neologisms/latinisms:
1. Calvatta = Bald
6. Mignonette Flux = Lovely Fluid (it reminds me of a river)
7. Chouette = Cutie (PIG tails doesn't seem to be a fit name)
8. Kaskette Kortto or Casquete Corto = Short Casquet
9. Neo-Sayah (it reminds me of Sayah the EBN hostess); Emotiff (EMOtive :silly2:)
10. Rideau = Curtain ; Nouveau = New and Coiffure = Hairstyle

Double consonants and are meant to give it an extra elegant tone.
And I invented those barbarisms to give it a futuristic feeling.
After all, new words keep inventing themselves every decade!

Last edited:
Still looking for proposals :)

the prize is a Free Haircut coupo which is a actual tradable ingame item an can be saved till after VU 9.1 to get one of those really nice haircuts that will come for totaly FREE

Sportive bump!

It is better for me to have less competence. So I can win that free haircut.
But, Ido deserves a wider range of entries so he can give his customers the best of services in the Entropian market. :D

If I win, I'm doing it fair and square, not because of the lack of contestants!
C'mon people, I know there's someone out there that can beat us all! :laugh:

^^^^^^ ^^ ^^^^^^
bumps it backup

come more then that should enter!!!!

We're about an hour from midnight MAT!
Who knows if Ido will extend the deadline to Pacific Central Time? :confused:

Send your entries now, before the contest is closed!

Well the contest was supposed to end ... and not to many entries given ...

So i would like the current participants to vote on extending the contest for one more week ...

What do you guys think ... post Yes or No to extending another week (only those who entered sofar ... its up to you guys ... ;) i can end it now or we can take the challange to another level and allow other participants to propose their names for the hairstyles... are you satisfied with the current competitors ? or would you like more? :D

Ido, I really want a haircut.. I'm worried that if I vote yes, my dream will escape from my grasp.

I would love to win that free haircut. Just like DrFeelGood.
But, I'd also like to see more entries!
(Call it brain sports thrill or intellectual curiosity, whichever sounds fanciest :laugh:)

The problem Ido... is that after the first day... there weren't any entries. :(
Just bumps and comments. I bumped it twice, for instance.
I'm afraid that, if nobody posted after four days... it is unlikely people will participate after a week... unless you paid for some ads to promote the event...

Dunno, that's just my pessimist opinion.
I might be wrong. I'm only human! :silly2:

well if you keep it going can I enter again? lol I have told a few others about it and they didn't enter!!

maybe I can come up with more names!!!

Hi all sorry for not responding .. had a busy weekend

Tell you what ... i will pick the 2 winners from the entries that came in before the deadline ...

AND i will keep the competition going to fill in the rest of the blanks ... no deadline but i will at one point choose the most creative person and hand out a third coupon :) so keep the entries coming

and tell your friends

Wise decision Ido! :yay:
Must spread Rep before +reping Ido again

...uh?!

so when do we know who won????

crosses her fingers

lol

The results are in and the commision (me myself and I) decided to go with the following naming

2: Settler
3: Bun & Blaze
4: Trimmed Long Hair
5: ?????? & Ponytail
6: Long Hair & Bart
7: Pig Tails & Wide Mohawk
8: Retro & Smooth Afro
9: A-Line & Emo
10: Flutter & Cool Guy Joe

Fenuix propposed 8M - Smooth Afro i decided to go with the proposal because it does look like a small afro and naming it just afro would somehow cause confusion if luckily one day MA decided to introduce a full blown top notch afro cut

Svarog proposed 6M - Bart and it does look just like Bart Simpsons cut from the cartoon ( and EVERYONE knows simpsons .. right? )

Mystrin suggested 9F - A-Line and if it is so, that thats what it is, then thats what it shall be ;)

Xerces was the first to suggest 3F & 6F & 10M - for 3F Bun which is quite a obvious resemblance of the pre V9.0 bun cut (good catch) for 6F instead of Long waves i decided to go with Long hair but its a close match (and also based on pre VU9.0 resemblance) and also for 10M i used the combination of proposed names 9 & 10 to form Cool Guy Joe ... dont know really why but the name just fits so perfectly :D

Jenny proposed 9M - Emo and noticing the forming of the new Emo subculture u can somehow relate this style to how the guys wear their hair ... and it is a bit Emo ... Jenny also proposed the Bun Cut but Xerces was the first to submit that entry

JamFire proposed 7F - Pig Tails as somone noticed i made a mistake calling them ponytails ... of course they are pigtails :)

DrFeelGood suggested 10F and 5M - 10F is like Flutter and i totaly agree the name catches perfectly the essence of this style. also he was the first to name the 5M style as Pony tail and i think its the right name (duck tail is something different if you try to google it ;))

desg90 proposed 2MF, 3M and 8F - 2MF Settler ... it occured to me and i thought its an awsome idea that when we come to calypso from Earth we propably make a hyperspace jump on a sleeper ship (hybernated in some machine awaiting arrival and awakening) maybe for cryogenic state they shave our heds bald (or very short as in this style) dunno ... but it fit to my vision of Colonists/Settlers (Bald OJ's all in orange all alike starting a new life on Calypso) for 3M i like Blaze because the style looks like flames of fire and for 8 i had to make a hard decision between 60's Special and Retro and in the end i decided to go with Retro but it was a marginal win :)

The two winners are

Xerces and desg90

Congratulations!​

BUT THE CONTEST CONTINUES!
one hairstyle remains to be named 5F...
the winner will recieve a Free haircut coupon
and the contest will be ended once the right name is found
so dont wait untill tommorow and post your proposal now!

Bad thing is that I misunderstood the contest terms, I thought that it's "1 participant - 1 haircut" :). Ok, last try...

5F = Tulip

Bad thing is that I misunderstood the contest terms, I thought that it's "1 participant - 1 haircut" :). Ok, last try...

5F = Tulip

u can put as many entries for 5F as you like Svarog :) put them in consecutive posts .. the first one to post the one i like wins :) (and if u modify ur post the date of modification counts)

Back