Suggestion: Continuation of some aspects of the Calypso storyline

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Suggestion: Continuation of some aspects of the Calypso storyline

AI is a very topical and hot issue these days. We are on a threshold where AI is expected to get better and better exponentially. This of course means there are a lot issues that can be explored in a story. We are seeing some being played out in real life now e.g. MA themselves reducing staff in favour of AI.

The time is right in my opinion to continue the Calypso background story. To explore some issues:
-On Calypso roobots left us and became hostile for some unknown reasons. Perhaps these can be explored further?
-AI and humans living a peaceful co-existence?
-Note the former of the above could lead to the latter.
-However, if root issues or causes are not sufficiently dealt with or one or the other is using peace as a cover for own gains. Issues of trust and betrayal can be explored...
-Personally I think humanity on the whole underestimate how clever and undeniably better than us AI can be. These issues could be explored further. Note there aren't so many constraints on AI that hold it back like us e.g. patriotism, morality, ethics. Could be interesting if AI went from no morality and full circle to better morality than us albeit for very different reasons?

MA could ironically use AI to come up with a continuation storyline. The results can be tailored to whatever we want by AI and ultimately us.

In the original and even existing storyline MA considered certain robot items as treasures. Have a look at this Project Entropia promo:

Pay particular attention at 3:00 to 3:06. The narrator mentions, "Ancient valuable technology artifacts" just as we see some rare robot items. These appear just after a chest of gold coins.

In the existing Calypso storyline it states, "On defeating the robots, the technology would be recovered and reverse-engineered, and later adapted and improved, to finally bring about the tools that would once and for all defeat the robots." This lends itself nicely to the rare robot items we have in game. Who would have thought they would be a key component in an attempt to defeat the robot menace?

You can see the full storyline here:
https://www.planetcalypso.com/planet-calypso/the-story-of-calypso/

Looking at current markets these "treasures" can sell for very little mark up if at all and some people even TT such items because they can be difficult to sell. Once players collected items like these when there were expectations in the Calypso storyline. Most of these players have long left the game. Now people either have no idea, lost interest or for myriad of other reasons given up on MA.

MA probably have a record of their original plans for these items. Perhaps time to revisit those records?

It could be interesting to see some developments in this area. The timing seems to be right with Unreal Engine nearing. Ultimately If MA play their cards right this could be very good marketing for the game. If the continuation storyline is high calibre it could win some awards. The whole Calypso's an oyster...

Edit:
@My|MindArk
@Ludvig|MindArk

Last edited:
hogglos are extinct? Big human chopped them off and looted them.

I'm not too sure what your trying to say here. Could you please elaborate?

Also as far as I'm aware hogglo are still in game and not extinct. Can find them on NTI. Here is a waypoint to medium ones:
/wp [Calypso, 36023, 50776, 186, Hogglo medium]

Back