Cooking my laptop

zelldot

Guardian
Society
Entropia Market
Felix Zell Shallow
Ok before I state the problem I'm having, I would like to add some perspective to how well my laptop runs things normally. I can play Entropia literally all night and day without my laptop overheating, yet when a run compets for more than 30 mins I find my laptop burning my lap, and if continue playing for more than 45 mins without sitting next a fridge or sticking my laptop out of a window, my laptop literally burns out. It reaches it threshold and dies out.

So far I have only found 3 fixes for this, close the game for 5-10 mins every 30 mins or so, the fridge/freezer method or if its not raining in sunny England, sticking my laptop right out the window.

Never seen my laptop do this, even in the more intense games.

Not worth your hardware, just avoid until optimized.
Worse than the current version PE is dire indeed.

I used to switch on the radiator at night between 1-3 o'clock - since compet i no longer need too ;)

Yup, for this type of game it is insane the resources it uses. I thought it was fixed, but nope. It uses more resources than FallOut 4 using very high settings on my PC. That is crazy.

Give it a try to monitor your gpu fans and maybe setting them manually to 100% workload. You can also tinker with overclocking tools but use them to downclock your system in hope it will produce less heat. Remove the akku when home. I tryed cooling pads where you place your laptop upon and they turned out useless. Resist the urge to use an axe or hammer on your laptop if nothing is working, pray for mindark to fix compets ressource hunger and think about a pc tower that make all heat problems dissolve into thin air.

Back