Cost per kill

blubalou

Guardian
This is sort of spin off from a thread I posted yesterday https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/141172-top-5-ways-lose-peds-fast.html

My original post stated that a goal should be to minimize the cost to kill a MoB by hunting things you can kill quickly (rather than letting it regen while you FAP or spend forever with a gun too small for your MOB.)

Several replies including one or two really convincing ones indicated that it doesn't matter. The feeling was that if you spend a little more on average to kill a MoB then on average you will get a little more return. So that's the discussion for this post.

First, do you think the loot algorthm uses a cost per click / kill as one of its many variables? Seems reasonable, but then if you agree how is the cost per kill determined?

The cost of each crafting or mining click is pretty straight forward. But for hunting, they either have to be tracking what you spend killing a MoB -OR- there would need to be some predetermined cost per MoB and Maturity, or maybe a cost per Health Point.

Ok, time for your wild speculation!:)

This is sort of spin off from a thread I posted yesterday https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/141172-top-5-ways-lose-peds-fast.html

My original post stated that a goal should be to minimize the cost to kill a MoB by hunting things you can kill quickly (rather than letting it regen while you FAP or spend forever with a gun too small for your MOB.)

Several replies including one or two really convincing ones indicated that it doesn't matter. The feeling was that if you spend a little more on average to kill a MoB then on average you will get a little more return. So that's the discussion for this post.

First, do you think the loot algorthm uses a cost per click / kill as one of its many variables? Seems reasonable, but then if you agree how is the cost per kill determined?

The cost of each crafting or mining click is pretty straight forward. But for hunting, they either have to be tracking what you spend killing a MoB -OR- there would need to be some predetermined cost per MoB and Maturity, or maybe a cost per Health Point.

Ok, time for your wild speculation!:)

No need for wild speculation, this has already been tested to some extent.

Average loot appears to be dependent on the total damage dealt, but it's not a linear relationship.

Let's say you compare two hunters on an Atrox Old, one using a slow weapon and one using a fast weapon, so that the slow hunter ends up dealing twice as much damage before the mob dies as the fast hunter does. The slow hunter will get more loot on average than the fast hunter, but not as much as double.

So while it's not necessarily a terrible idea to use a slow weapon against a high-regen mob, having a good dps is likely to give you a better return.

Having said that, globals and HoFs can skew things heavily so as ever it's a lot about luck (or whatever amounts to luck in EU) as well.

I'd say as i always have, you want to kill mobs as fast as you can and preferably in as small spawn as possible.

This is due to that i think all base loot values are predetermined and if you go through them faster you will make the good loot pop up faster. And ofcourse you should preferably be hunting there on ur own aswell :)

Which mob for hunt with riker 2 and not lot of peds for ammo?

try to advice me in my trouble - I´ve tried to hunt artrox but it seems that is not much efective, I prefer molisk - but they have good regeneration also, what should I hunt to earn something, not to loose my PEDs?:confused:

If you don't want to lose PEDs then Swunt. Sweat first (Doesn't work with molisks) and then kill them. Unless you are lucky you will always lose PED in the long run. But, hey! You're playing a game to have fun - it may be worth paying a few PED to have some fun.

Average loot seems to be based on HP killed.

So the challenge in this is to spend as little as possible to kill a certain amount of hp.

To be effective you must find a suitable balance between dmg/pec and dmg/sec that suits the mob you are hunting.

but still i wonder how accurate we are , i qoute from a support case this reply from MA.

"As you probably know, the statistics of the damage done are dynamic and we can not verify the incident"

cheers

ermik

ok,in this case i have question.what will happen,if you shoot lets say 200 ped ammo to one creature, with no diyng, that means fapping also etc. like . try to get single ambu on you ( most of ppl who can hunts them,can do them naked or in pixie).
shoot it down to lets say 20% of heath less and start healing yourself when needed,to keep urself at surivable rate. and do this with 200 ped ammo throu cb19 + beast for example,or maybe with apis. or korss ( :-D )
and let me know your results,i gladly hear them
i am sorry if is this offtopic,but i think it is still part of this kind of discussion as if you kill ambu with mann mph for example, you gave less damage,than doing this with apis or so. but when you will patiently do this,i am wondering what is possible to happen.

Why not?

If you don't want to lose PEDs then Swunt. Sweat first (Doesn't work with molisks) and then kill them. Unless you are lucky you will always lose PED in the long run. But, hey! You're playing a game to have fun - it may be worth paying a few PED to have some fun.

Why won't it work? I used to sweat Molisk? Don't they give sweat?

No I don't believe so.

(For the ones who belive: would it take in account the Mrkup ? :D)

ok,in this case i have question.what will happen,if you shoot lets say 200 ped ammo to one creature, with no diyng, that means fapping also etc. like . try to get single ambu on you ( most of ppl who can hunts them,can do them naked or in pixie).
shoot it down to lets say 20% of heath less and start healing yourself when needed,to keep urself at surivable rate. and do this with 200 ped ammo throu cb19 + beast for example,or maybe with apis. or korss ( :-D )
and let me know your results,i gladly hear them
i am sorry if is this offtopic,but i think it is still part of this kind of discussion as if you kill ambu with mann mph for example, you gave less damage,than doing this with apis or so. but when you will patiently do this,i am wondering what is possible to happen.

Check this out:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/101842-some-utterly-insane-tests.html

Back