CP sale press coverage

Tass

Guardian
Society
Adopt a Newbie Foundation
Articles & discussions on the sale of Crystal Palace Space Station

* there's a lot more out there on those blog/forum style websites and others as well, often they copy it from a few original sources like the articles on entropiaplanets.com, on onlinemassivelymultiplayer.com, or the one Pirx Danford wrote for slashdot.org, often they spread what they get from news agencies like ANP or just publish the official press release, often they just copy from each other... I'll try to list the original articles and those that at least add interesting aspects but I will not put on the repetitive, redundant, ...

01-06-2010__________

01-05-2010__________

01-04-2010__________

01-03-2010__________

01-02-2010__________

01-01-2010__________

12-31-2009__________

12-30-2009__________

12-29-2009__________

12-28-2009__________
Articles & discussions on the sale of Crystal Palace Space Station

Last edited:
Hey ty for sharing! I was wondering who published anything about it.

If one of us were inclined, we could write up some ezine articles and submit them to the right websites, from there blogs and websites all over the world would take that article and paste it on their website. There is no shortage of blogs and websites that do that kind of thing and many of them have lots of subscribers. They are allowed to take the content and paste it on their own websites as long as they don’t change anything and as long as they keep all links that the author included in the article.

If FPC wants, I could write up some things and submit them. It’s an interesting form of viral marketing.

If one of us were inclined, we could write up some ezine articles and submit them to the right websites, from there blogs and websites all over the world would take that article and paste it on their website. There is no shortage of blogs and websites that do that kind of thing and many of them have lots of subscribers. They are allowed to take the content and paste it on their own websites as long as they don’t change anything and as long as they keep all links that the author included in the article.

If FPC wants, I could write up some things and submit them. It’s an interesting form of viral marketing.

They're already on with sorting out their own press, they're just (thankfully) sensible enough not to send out press releases until after New Year.

Best to keep it official as far as possible, I would say, but there's no harm in players tipping off some of the less high-profile places that FPC might not reach - minor blogs and other small sites and so on.

Perhaps even local press would be interested, if someone in their town bid on CP - "Local Resident Kicks Off World Record" could be an interesting headline for an article about whoever put the first bid on :)

Thanks for sharing +rep.

Wondering where the first two articles got that picture from.

No one doing a news article for Entropia Forum?

Poor Buzz :(

Oh wel real life press are too busy covering about more people losing their jobs next year.
How much more companies are going to be close down,
About goverment keeps billing out fat pussies
and how much bonus the fat cats are keeping getting

I wonder how hard working folks will react when they read on the news on a non-gamer new paper and read about A bank aka a gamecompany selling a virtual object for 300K usdollar...

Wut ! wth ! I am working my ass off 24/7 to pay off my mortage and some silly bank making money by selling virtual nothing?...what a rip off, worse than those insurrances....

better keep it on the gamers new papers :) and keep it quiet.

Hey, since we are talking about press coverage of world records this video isn’t entirely off topic. It’s funny as hell though... this happened on live TV :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCzAc_kpbQ[/YOUTUBE]

I'm trying to find in portugal, but nada :dunno:

Nice to now there are notecing this in the press.
I also informed engadget :) (you never now they publish it :p)

I reckon Deathifier could tell his bid war with Buzz to the Aussie papers after the PR release. :D

I'm expecting good things to happen after this. :)

They're already on with sorting out their own press, they're just (thankfully) sensible enough not to send out press releases until after New Year.

I miss the time when press went out and got their own news :(

I keep putting "Crystal Palace" in the BBC news website and all I get is football!

:hammer:

I keep putting "Crystal Palace" in the BBC news website and all I get is football!

Haha, i did the same thing, damn foosball :laugh:

I hope BBC do report the purchase at somepoint. Without their articles on Deathifier's purchase of TI I'd have never ended up here in the first place.

I fear the worst though as they never mentioned the Malls or the Banks when they were sold.

Couple edits to the second paragraph:

change "which inhabits" to "which is inhabited by"
change "know" to "known"

Thanks for getting the word out!

Done :)

Cheers I wrote this quickly on slashdot and as I am able to edit it feel free to tell me how to improve it :)

Erase the relation to SL, not very good to include stuff a World cannot deliver.
And nice citation, will surely motivate Auktuma to win the next big thing :D

Many forum/blog style websites report on it but I will not put everything on the list in the OP, just some examples:

And who got it first? Support them!

Back