CP Shares offer profit ONLY on hunting in domes, but not in the caves

Status

Kanaleto

Provider
Calin Kanaleto Moldovan
I find it a bit misleading that you have the name CP shares that implies you get a percentage of all the hunt on Crystal palace, but in reality the deeds offer return only on dome hunting.
This is explained in the shares description but not many people see this, so they might not know what they buy.

Could the shares offer sometime in the future a percentage on all the hunting done on Crystal Palace?
Could the misleading name be changed to more visibly state what they actually do so people can understand what they are buying into easily?

I see your point and ofc its a good one....and a rename of the shares would be a good idea....but

normally also ppl inform themselves on how the shares and deeds are working/designed before they buy some...

also some ppl dont know about how AMD or AUD work.....despite then NI shares.....

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2020/03/04/Ancient-Greece-Shares.xml

(i bet some dont know on how the Ag revenue is paid out , for example this point in the description:

• Share revenue represents 50% of Next Island’s planet partner revenue for all activity on Ancient Greece.
so ppl assume its 100% or near that....

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...tem---Crystal-Palace-Space-Station-Shares.xml

Last edited:
cave are still land and can be taxed , maybe for future event in years 2030.
i ll be glad to have more information in use of revenu about cp

(i bet some dont know on how the Ag revenue is paid out , for example this point in the description:

• Share revenue represents 50% of Next Island’s planet partner revenue for all activity on Ancient Greece.
so ppl assume its 100% or near that....

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...tem---Crystal-Palace-Space-Station-Shares.xml

Yes you are right, people should read before they invest.
Tho naming Crystal palace Deeds this way would also not be fair for Ancient Greece Deeds, since the later give you a share of ALL the income in Ancient Greece while the former only give you income of a part of Crystal palace.

Since you raised this issue, a global way to define the revenue of deeds or shares is also needed:

A. CLD and Ancient Greece give you 50% of revenue made on Calypso and Ancient Greece. What is that revenue? 5%? 6%? So they are actually 50% of 6%, for example on Caly, which is 3%.
Meanwhile
B. AUD and Crystal palace give you 4% and 5% respectively of ALL the revenue, which is correct and also shown on these areas. I find this way more transparent than the one used for the others and easier to understand, sicne it has less marketing bullshit in it.

If the owners of the deeds or shares really want investors in their business they should cut as much of the hard to understand details and be as transparent as they can.

Last edited:
Is Calypso Land Deed pays after mobs killed in the air and in the water like Hiryuu or Leviathan, or just after mobs killed on land?
Im confused about it since the beginning.

at one point in time deeds implied ownership, then Mindark changed the wording on them to imply that avatar is only a 'holder' not an 'owner'... so.... doubt they'd put more 'official wording' on in game item info screens.

if anything they may remove the wording that is already there so that they even imply less than they currently do.

Last edited:
A. CLD and Ancient Greece give you 50% of revenue made on Calypso and Ancient Greece. What is that revenue? 5%? 6%? So they are actually 50% of 6%, for example on Caly, which is 3%.
Meanwhile
B. AUD and Crystal palace give you 4% and 5% respectively of ALL the revenue, which is correct and also shown on these areas. I find this way more transparent than the one used for the others and easier to understand, sicne it has less marketing bullshit in it.

A. is a part of the PP revenue, non taxed
B. is all revenue from taxes, areas are taxed

How is A not taxed and still produces revenue?

Planet Partners generate revenue on all activities, like Mindark generates revenue from all activities on Calypso. 50% of that revenue goes to the CLD owners.

There is the normal revenue for Planet Partners, and on top of that some area's are taxed.

at one point in time deeds implied ownership, then Mindark changed the wording on them to imply that avatar is only a 'holder' not an 'owner'... so.... doubt they'd put more 'official wording' on in game item info screens.

if anything they may remove the wording that is already there so that they even imply less than they currently do.
This might have happened due to being sued for certain things regarding land areas for example, so it might be only for legal purposes. Still, clearness in ownership and revenue model should be the base of all investing and it should be an incentive to both Mindark or Planet partners and the players to be done as transparent and as easy to understand as possible.

This might have happened due to being sued for certain things regarding land areas for example, so it might be only for legal purposes. Still, clearness in ownership and revenue model should be the base of all investing and it should be an incentive to both Mindark or Planet partners and the players to be done as transparent and as easy to understand as possible.

Why?
I know the percentage's from AGS, and have no idea about the AUD.
Still, which one i would buy? The AUD 100x out of 100 times.

Only real important thing is the payout they make, i dont care if it pays only the 10% of their total revnue if it pays well.
Also i wont be happy with poor return even if that is the 95% of their total revnue.

Is Calypso Land Deed pays after mobs killed in the air and in the water like Hiryuu or Leviathan, or just after mobs killed on land?
Im confused about it since the beginning.
What about Diripi? They are technically a flying mob but most the time they are stuck in the ground. Is some decay counted when they are stuck in the terrain and some not? Wow this is confusing!

Could the shares offer sometime in the future a percentage on all the hunting done on Crystal Palace?
No, because the whole point of hunting in the taxed areas is to get to the cave. Make the cave taxed and CP and its payouts are dead.

No, because the whole point of hunting in the taxed areas is to get to the cave. Make the cave taxed and CP and its payouts are dead.
This implies that the cave is not taxed by Mindark without showing the tax percentage to the player at all. Are you sure this doesn't happen, and do you get 100% tt return or close in the caves, or do you also get an average of 97% or less tt there?

And if you agree caves are taxed why shouldn't the deed owner get the full revenue of Crystal Palace like they get it from CLDs, for example?

Last edited:
If only there was a way that existed for a year that let people know how revenue was generated.... :wise:

Very very usefull, knew about it and used it, even gave me the ideea that the website is great to compare deeds based on revenue but otherwise the deeds and shares are not comparable as investing vehicles.

Even if current revenue is a good way to compare in the present it might not say anything about which investment might be better in the future, except that CLDs will probably still be the leader.

Last edited:
This implies that the cave is not taxed by Mindark without showing the tax percentage to the player at all. Are you sure this doesn't happen, and do you get 100% tt return or close in the caves, or do you also get an average of 97% or less tt there?

And if you agree caves are taxed why shouldn't the deed owner get the full revenue of Crystal Palace like they get it from CLDs, for example?

I think you misread me. The cave isn't taxed. No one would hunt there if it was, as the markup would not be that appealing after the tax. People hunt taxed aurli only to get access to the untaxed ones.

The fact that only domes are taxed was clearly stated in the original announcement of the shares:
Revenue is generated from hunting activity in the four Crystal Palace biodomes (caves not included).

That is the point, i dont even care, it is pays well, that is all i care about.
Yes but if you want to estimate future revenues of an investment you would need to understand said investment.

I think you misread me. The cave isn't taxed. No one would hunt there if it was, as the markup would not be that appealing after the tax. People hunt taxed aurli only to get access to the untaxed ones.

The fact that only domes are taxed was clearly stated in the original announcement of the shares:

I understand what you say but still think I shouldn't take things at face value. So i compared Aurly cave with Calypso untaxed, Mindark owned land. Both don't have a tax shown but how do CLDs generate a $2M yearly revenue and pay for the servers if there are no taxes on the land?

Now I don't want to be annoyingly inquisitive, but I belive there is some lack of clarity in many places regarding the game investments and I keep rasing points to get some understanding. Coming from a business background I have the need to understand things in detail in order to make an informed decision.

Both don't have a tax shown but how do CLDs generate a $2M yearly revenue and pay for the servers if there are no taxes on the land?

CLDs pay from Mindark's revenue, not taxes. 25% of the profit from Calypso and from the activity of Calypso-born people goes to CLDs holders, 75% goes to MA. That profit is why your long-term tt return is 95% (for example) and not 100%. But when you go to a taxed land, you pay tax on top of that loss. So if you have stable 95% planetside, hunting in the domes will turn it into 90%.

All the return numbers are just an example.

Really never understood why, even though Crystal Palace was privately owned, there was an area there that was outside the owned areas.
And after the shares came out it seemed to me, that part of the people (idiots like me) where after the missions, the rest only wanted to unlock the caves (untaxed and MA revenue ?)
Sold all my shares there, because I see no incentitive to to them. "Shares" should give me a voice as a "shareholder", which you dont ( and if you open a ticket concerning that it does not get answered but instead closed without answer after 5 months).
And I think most people simply are after the untaxed caves, so no future for a shareholder

It is for this reason why people need to realize that CP deeds are a diminishing security. It's value will diminish over time especially with the advent of the new stuff on AG. There will be less and less people caring to get into bone-land. That is unless they add stuff to the Aurli cave to spice it up a bit.

Knowing MA because of the popularity of this thread. They gonna "fix it" by making 4.5% tax on CP caves too. Good job guys.

Status
Back