CP Tax .. some stupid calculations

Mr-Joey

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Joe "Mr-Joey" Force
Took some numbers from the loot tracker to calculate.

Total global / hof loot in the last 30 days 1473439 PED

We know that the global / hof loot is nearly 15% of the total loot
(source some landowner calculations)

So total loot on CP the last 30 days: 9822926,66 PED

Tax 3% 294687,8 PED
Tax 4% 392917,06 PED
Tax 5% 491146,33 PED

Now go and buy this nice moneymaker :D

If you want to buy CP, then these figures are subject to change.

wow cool data! i want cp now :p

although the bigger the mob , the more globals & hofs
So won't % be higher with these mobs?
but still seem to be nice numbers anyway

well that is if was as it is now unchanged in how many hunts there and so on :p

and dont forget that its not been out for 30 days yet? :) and including the opening rush aswell :p

well that is if was as it is now unchanged in how many hunts there and so on :p

and dont forget that its not been out for 30 days yet? :) and including the opening rush aswell :p

Exactly. So imagine how much a person could make by mortaging their house like ND did to buy such a glorious piece of Entropia. I think CP will definately sell for over 50k USD. That thing is dynamite. ND made his money back in 5-7months, CP could make it back faster. ;)

We know that the global / hof loot is nearly 15% of the total loot
(source some landowner calculations)

Nice source :rolleyes:

That may be true for some small mobs, that hardly global. I would say on cp its more like 60-70%. Don't forget one 70k ath is ALOT of minis.

Regardless of how peopel moan about Taxes and NOT going to CP anymore...

...they WILL of course go there again and hunt.

But there will be a lot of changes if the new planets arrive.

Roughly $5000 a month average on a 3% tax.
CP sells for $250,000 on a loan at 6% over 5 years.
Monthly payments are around $4800 a month.
Roughly $200 a month left over.
Not too bad.

Seems a bit risky though assuming it sells for that much since the new planets are coming in and many people are upset over the changes being made.

Who knows though maybe in 5 years $250,000 will seem like a steal and we'll all be going "WTF why didn't I mortgage my house to buy that?".

History tends to repeat itself.

Well I would if someone would give me a couple mil PED. :yay:

rumors goes arround that the person who wins in the first categorie of the merry mayhem event will get biodome 5 :kos:

The calculation of the last 30 days would be way too optimistic. Currently a lot more ppl are there... because of SGA. I am too lazy to look for older periods, but I would feinately not take SGA times for calculation.

Planets is the highest risk in my opinion. As soon as a TOP qualtiy planet comes, ppl will go away for months. Not sure if they ever want to go back to CP, as it's likely other planets have similar but cooler mobs in cooler environment with nicer events.

Likely, but not sure.
On the other hand you don't know what FPC makes out of CP and Calypso in the next years.
Way too many IFs to pay 200k... for me, but I am too careful :).

agree, the numbers aren't that good... i didn't have the loot data from the last year... that would make it much easier.

Also 15% are an indication, i know some LA data but for sure it depends also on the mob.

if it really is worth buying why is it being sold?:scratch2:

if it really is worth buying why is it being sold?:scratch2:

Because if MA suddenly started charging tax on it, there would be a riot (more so than there is now). They can make close to the same PED they do off of decays, in addition to whatever massive sum it sells for by selling it. So really, why not sell it?

They should sell the Biodome's apart, like 4 auctions for the 4 domes.
Would make alot more potential buyers as don't think there's too much people around with 2mil ped on their card to buy the whole cp. but alot more with 500k to spend for 1 dome.
With 4different owners there's more concurrency so there's no monopoly over the mobs up there. -> lower tax, more events etc.

Well... when the Feds ran CP, fertilizer probably magically appeared, as did all the DNA for the critters in the 4 domes.

Nowhere has it been mentioned that that will continue to be the case when CP goes private.

Some other figures:

If we look at May, June and July this year:

Aurli: 3,951,640
Kreltin: 1,174,478

For globals as a percentage of total loot, 50% is maybe more realistic for CP; so I'll use that for this estimation of tax.

Monthly Tax (3.5%) = ((3951640 + 1174478) / 3 * 2) * 0.035
Monthly Tax (3.5%) = 119,609

Just a note, last 21 days in space is more like 2,107,942 PED in globals (not 1,473,439 in 30 days) ;)

Back