Craftable Mindforce Items. What You Would Like To See

Society
Sanctuary
Miss Alannah James
Currently pretty much everything is covered, weapons/armour/clothes/cars/tools/etc but not mindforce. I think that it is about time the game introduced craftable mindforce items. I'm personally not sure if being able to craft the chips we have now in addition to looting them would be a good thing for the hunting economy and removing them from hunting loot to make them craftable only would suck. That being said, the world of mindforce has an amazing possibility for variety.

Guns have attatchments such as amps, sights and scopes. Mining finders can attatch amps. How about crystals for mindforce? I choose crystals because they're both in keeping with the magical aspect that many attribute to MF and they have scientific applications too.

Example using a mixture of real world info and entropia stuff -

Ionic Crystal

New ore - Sylvinite
Refines into - Sylvite
Combine the sylvite with sweat/ME - Ionic Crystal

This crystal could then be combined with a current attack chip to bind it to that damage type, the full chip wouldn't be used and would only lose a % of it's tt. The resulting crystal could then be attatched to an attack chip that uses the same damage type much like a blp amp on a blp gun/laser amp on a laser gun. The higher level the crystal being crafted, the higher the chip being combined is needed.

Of course this is just a rough suggestion and can most certainly be improved upon so please feel free to expand upon it if you'd like. I thought that by including attack chips that are already out there being looted it would mean less chips just getting tt'd. Hunter loots chips - miner gets ore - crafter makes amp - MF attack user uses amp :D

What would you like to see?

It all depends if MA are prepared to provide the permissions to allow planets partners to develop their own MF options. At the moment we have a set series of chips that appear on all planets, although some chips appear limited to Calypso such as the high end unlimited heal chips.

There’s a huge amount of scope to widen the use of Mindforce, for example we could have mindforce mining or some sort of powers in space as it develops. It wouldn’t be the first time craftable chips have been discussed in the forum, it’s possible I guess with new types of chips so it doesn’t interfere with the current market to much.

As with anything in game it will come down to the player base, what’s currently being used and is there justification to build upon what we have already, or do development priorities lie elsewhere.

EU is an ever expanding beast, with ever increasing choice and options. I’m sure MA will continue to develop all systems, and I’m sure they like to read players ideas.

I’d say for a start we need a mob that provides Jamming skill, maybe one exists, although I’ve not heard of one in game.

Rick

It all depends if MA are prepared to provide the permissions to allow planets partners to develop their own MF options. At the moment we have a set series of chips that appear on all planets, although some chips appear limited to Calypso such as the high end unlimited heal chips.

There’s a huge amount of scope to widen the use of Mindforce, for example we could have mindforce mining or some sort of powers in space as it develops. It wouldn’t be the first time craftable chips have been discussed in the forum, it’s possible I guess with new types of chips so it doesn’t interfere with the current market to much.

As with anything in game it will come down to the player base, what’s currently being used and is there justification to build upon what we have already, or do development priorities lie elsewhere.

EU is an ever expanding beast, with ever increasing choice and options. I’m sure MA will continue to develop all systems, and I’m sure they like to read players ideas.

I’d say for a start we need a mob that provides Jamming skill, maybe one exists, although I’ve not heard of one in game.

Rick

Maybe the umbranoids disappeared underground and out of sight to study the ancient art of magic. They can make them come back as warlocks, shamans, sorcerers, Druids, necromancers, etc and have them do strictly mind force attacks that give jamming skill. Perhaps give the abolity for the warlock to have an imp or the Druid to have a bear to give dodge(imp)/evade(bear-like creature) skill at the same time

New ore - Sylvinite
Refines into - Sylvite
Combine the sylvite with sweat/ME - Ionic Crystal

Why this constant desire to force MF users into buying sweat? There's plenty ways to introduce new players to the game within the mission system, the sooner MA get rid of sweat the better.

Back