Question: Crafting after VU?

Medusa

Guardian
Society
Dedicated Freelancer
Medusa Mistress Rox
is it better to craft directly after a VU or (vehicle bp - chair frame to be exact ) or to wait until the "loot system" is settled.

Lost a lot just before the VU with crafting simple I plastic springs, and got a comeback with the chair frame bp just befor the VU (3 minutes before shutting down :) ) So Im eager to continue it :p

I think all that before/after VU is just a myth.
you can lose/win at any time with the same chance as in any other period in time

but it might be a good chance to get a discovery when crafting just after VU, or not? :D

I think all that before/after VU is just a myth.
you can lose/win at any time with the same chance as in any other period in time

Actually David Dobson has once said (cant remember if it was to me personally or on forum) that ppl need to understand that it takes some time for things to start dropping (this was about blueprints after Ark got textures) .. something about there need to be a buildup after such a VU/after something new has been put in.. I'm thinking it goes for all loot, as i always have bad runs for a few hours after VU's.. On the other hand, i usually have good loot when we reach the evening/night.. (im 1 hour ahead of MA time)

So you are not completely right there Axe..

but it might be a good chance to get a discovery when crafting just after VU, or not? :D

Balancing does seem to favour crafting / hunting after VU (well, really, after something is introduced, no mob via dna implanted can happen at a non-VU time) for discovering new things. But you need to be crafting (or hunting) the right thing - powerfist / club BPs won't drop from chair frame crafting.

In VU's a while ago, Bp's started dropping immediately after the VU. But since then, MA seem to have delayed the drops, or spaced them out, or something.

People use to gather lots of resources ready for the bps to be introduced. This doesnt seem to matter so much anymore.

But this are just how it "seems" to me

Rgds

Ace

Thats right, but Im more counting on new vehicle bps, there is still a lot to come and its easier to craft a lvl II bp and hope for something new than to go for a lvl V since most of the new powerfists, clubs and weapons generally are on a high lvl bp drop as far as Ive seen, I might be wrong though :p

Actually David Dobson has once said (cant remember if it was to me personally or on forum) that ppl need to understand that it takes some time for things to start dropping (this was about blueprints after Ark got textures) .. something about there need to be a buildup after such a VU/after something new has been put in.. I'm thinking it goes for all loot, as i always have bad runs for a few hours after VU's.. On the other hand, i usually have good loot when we reach the evening/night.. (im 1 hour ahead of MA time)

So you are not completely right there Axe..

I know new sutff wont drop the first day or even week, may be even month.
Also you wont get global today or that week or even that month.
But that doesn't mean it can't happen or something must to buildup.
I think for that thing game is so random that even developers can't predict when a thing will drop.

I think it works as it is mining. Shortly after servers are back, tt is usually bad, but you can find rares more frequently.

So you can loot more valuable Bp´s after vu when crafting after vu, but I guess tt return get worst ( Im not saying you can get a discovery, just a rarer bp)

I never tried craft out after VU, so its a pure speculation :)

is it better to craft directly after a VU or (vehicle bp - chair frame to be exact ) or to wait until the "loot system" is settled.
One armed bandit's don't work this way, and neither does your local pizza parlor (ie turning on the lights after they've gotten a couple of customers). It's also harder to program than to do it the other way.

So no, I don't see a single reason why MA would have a system like that.

yep, ma used to let all drop at new vu, but now it's more spaced out I think... but only spaced out a bit, but it still seems that first week or so after new vu is a happy time.

TT wise I had a great return just after the VU, no new bps or rare bps, not even wire bps :p

btw, can anyone tell me if Quads and vehicle attachment bps drop from vehicle bps like chair frame or combustor?

Well yesterday i make one 70 ped run (100 crafts) on simple i conductor and hit my first global 110 ped total i got around 145 ped tt return in the end of this run

Back