Crash bang boom - Can no longer run EU and of course it happened at the worst time possible

Zacariaz

Elite
Society
United Talents
Marie T'pol
This is not a bug report, simply because I'm not running Windows, but rather Linux. The obviously I'm running EU through WINE.

Anyway, I took a break for maybe a month, and now I crash as soon as I've logged in and try to move about.

The question now is: What has changed?
Have anyone had issues that may give a clue as to what is wrong?
I looks like it might be an issue with the driver I'm using, but if so, it's not unlikely that others, running Windows or not, have experienced this issue.

Anyway, looks like I won't be looting that mod fap TGA...

The avatar system has changed, we experience more lag in crowded places now. Beside that on closing EU freezes pretty much everytime and needs to be stopped via taskmanager.

Well something is buggy there for sure, but i don't know if that is related to your crashes under wine.

Does the logfile give any hints ?

The question now is: What has changed?
Have anyone had issues that may give a clue as to what is wrong?

Unless you already redesigned your avatar: MA has changed your avatar look to some random look (which can be pretty weird). At login you now will get an offer to redesign/fix it up *once*. While that popup (which for some reason is red and not grey) is open (which it will be until you either click "accept" or "cancel") you can't move.

The easiest solution is probably to try to (temporarily) find a windows computer so you see that popup and so you see what you are doing (now be careful - you missed the "redesign campaign" so you only have one shot at it - especially be careful about lighting).

If you don't know any player within reach whose windows computer you can borrow for the redesign (which you probably want to do with "high" settings), maybe a supportticket telling that you're crashing at login and you want them to do a new initial randomization (hoping a new random look solves the crashes).
You could also try safe mode if it works at all (if you get in) - but then be sure to click "cancel" on that redesign popup so you can do it at a later time).

If possible (don't know if that is) see if there is any update for your direct-x drivers. I think I read somewhere that the new avatar look used some newer features (changing the load a bit from CPU to GPU).

Last edited:
Unless you already redesigned your avatar: MA has changed your avatar look to some random look (which can be pretty weird). At login you now will get an offer to redesign/fix it up *once*. While that popup (which for some reason is red and not grey) is open (which it will be until you either click "accept" or "cancel") you can't move.

The easiest solution is probably to try to (temporarily) find a windows computer so you see that popup and so you see what you are doing (now be careful - you missed the "redesign campaign" so you only have one shot at it - especially be careful about lighting).

If you don't know any player within reach whose windows computer you can borrow for the redesign (which you probably want to do with "high" settings), maybe a supportticket telling that you're crashing at login and you want them to do a new initial randomization (hoping a new random look solves the crashes).
You could also try safe mode if it works at all (if you get in) - but then be sure to click "cancel" on that redesign popup so you can do it at a later time).

Well, I do get that message and press cancel. I've already redesigned once like a month ago or similar, sp why do it again?

Anyhow, I don't think that is likely to be the problem.

Dang it, can't even log in via a virtual machine...

Back