Create a Critter : "Nervasto" by "Liam & Bruno Longelin"

Liam

Old Alpha
Society
La Faction Beta
Liam
Nervasto

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

On an original idea and a description by Liam, drawing achieved in collaboration with my dear friend Bruno Longelin.

Creature name : Nervasto (from latin Nervi : strength and Vasto : devastating)

Creature description: A fierce quadruped with deadly instinct, the Nervasto is endowed with an exceptional sense of smell which compensates for its lack of vision and makes it extremely aggressive when it feels fresh meat walking away. All muscles, he was born of a laboratory accident between several DNA of ancient animals on Earth and kept secretly by the federal empire long before the robot threat at the time of the colonisation of the space.

10 creature maturity names : Young, Mature, Old, Provider, Guardian, Dominant, Alpha, Old Alpha, Prowler, Stalker.

Suggested stats and parameters for creature based on current creature characteristics on Planet Calypso :
- Class : animal
- Damage types : 70 Impact, 30 Cut
- Movement: running
- Combat : close
- Aggression: very high
- Tamable: no
- Sweatable: yes
-Defensive: Evade

Supplementary Information: the animal is about 2 meters at the withers his fur may be white (to be established in Segna / Solfais) with black stripes.

It was finally a very long time that several new animals to Calypso dragged in my head. With this contest, i could not let my main idea flown off and after writing a long and extremely detailed description of what I had in mind, i called a friend who has a good stroke of a pen and with whom we worked for all 24 criteria that i had given him. I insisted to him that the creature looks exactly like what i had in mind, as if i could put a USB stick in the ear and copy the .img that i had in the brain (what a beautiful metaphor :)). After 8 little drawings not much looking like my first idea and after 7 hours of sketches, we finally suceeded in putting on paper what i wanted.

My two main ideas for this creature were to have an quadruped animal coming from an inspiration reminding animal of the Earth (rhino / lion),
what practically does not exist on Calypso (except maybe the Bercycled like a chicken) and then not to innovate in a new type of damage or animal classes but to create, on an already known but not much used (there is not very powerful creature with 70 imp. 30 cut) an animal extremely fearsome and very very powerful. which makes us really know the concept of "fear" when we cross his way.

There is few others pre-final piece of the creature (i will not post the 8 others creature we made before succeed to that ;))

Last edited:
Nice drawing and a good idea for a new mob. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

the last picture looks like a cross between Longu and Cornoanterian :)

Nice one hope to meet em in future

the last picture looks like a cross between Longu and Cornoanterian :)

rly? - i would say it looks like a daikaiba head with the body of a bull... like a daikaiba headcrab (halflife like)^^

impressing i wish i could draw like that too :(

some french mates asked me "but how would you want to sweat this kinf of mobs ?? :eek:"

well we can on Falx so why not on them ? :yay:

Back