Create a Weapon - Vote!

Which entry did you like best? (Name - post number)

• Timbo Witters, #3

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Acronoid, #10

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Recoda, #12

• Arokh, #20

• andyzammy, #21

• AidenEnos, #35

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Psionic22, #43

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • sob, #44

• AkiranBlade, #47

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • JohnCapital, #6

• Arokh, #80

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Paderz, #93

• Mercury, #96

• Arokh, #97

• Pinky, #104

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Chrome, #108

• Chrome, #109

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Chrome, #111

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Herb, #24 :silly2:

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • I hated all of them.

Votes: 16 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Herb-

Prowler
Herbatrix Herb "Fuck" Herbalicious Fail
For all those that followed my Create a Weapon competition, and for those that didn't (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/102975-competition-create-weapon.html), you can now vote for the top 20, as chosen by me!:D

Timbo Witters, #3
Acronoid, #10
Recoda, #12
Arokh, #20
andyzammy, #21
AidenEnos, #35
Psionic22, #43
sob, #44
AkiranBlade, #47

JohnCapital, #65

Arokh, #80
Paderz, #93
Mercury, #96
Arokh, #97
Pinky, #104
Chrome, #108
Chrome, #109
Chrome, #111
Herb, #24

In the poll, JohnCapital is put as 6 - it is meant to be 65.

Last edited:
I vote for me :yay:

can't resist the temptation of a pink gun

Which miserable sods are clicking "I hated them all"? :laugh:

why 7 votes for I hate them all :D

Also voted ofcource

The best ever was by Eron² but that's not in the "finals" (post #9)

Why I think that ones the best:
- It's handy
- Stats can be reality

Basically we need one of these guns in-game, I think it would rock.

Hmm..maybe I shouldn't added the last option:rolleyes:

I'm also quite surprised that Arokhs amazing 3d designs have only got 1 vote

I'm also quite surprised that Arokhs amazing 3d designs have only got 1 vote

well, as far as looks go, the MM is exactly the same as the 2100, but u wouldn't pick the 2100 over the MM would you? ;)

i was much more eager to see the stats of the weapons on paper than what the weaps look like. mostly stupid "my weap is gona have one-hundred-million firepower that would make me invincible and be stupidly eco" that wouldn't ever be allowed ingame type weapons though so nothing really caught my eye.

im gona have to read through the thread again before i vote because i can't remember hihi.

Last edited:
So hard to choose, they're all pretty good :eyecrazy: I was caught in a tie between to swiss army gun and Arohk's first creation :)

I voted for Arokh! :yay: Good stuff everyone! Very nice contest Herb :)

What happened to my Omletatron??? :) I guess I need to make more of an effort next time to compete with the likes of Arokh...

Cheers :beerchug:

If I could vote for mine I would do so, but since the Gem Fire Pro's didn't make it to the top 20!!! I'm a little ticked. I guess I just have to see about getting MA to put in some different colored weapons. Like the Opola in all colors even if it doesn't do the damage that everyone seems to want. It's a nice cheap weapon to work with.

The best ever was by Eron² but that's not in the "finals" (post #9)

Why I think that ones the best:
- It's handy
- Stats can be reality

Basically we need one of these guns in-game, I think it would rock.

i didnt make the top 20 but i still got a vote :wtg::yay::wtg:

since i cant vote for me i voted: Recoda, #12

Herb, make it easy for those of us who didn't read the original thread - provide links back to the weapons that we are voting on! I'm too lazy to read through the entire thread :p.

Herb, make it easy for those of us who didn't read the original thread - provide links back to the weapons that we are voting on! I'm too lazy to read through the entire thread :p.

Here are the direct links for all contest final entries except post #6, because there was no entry on that post...

Which entry did you like best?
(Name - post number)

Timbo Witters, #3
Acronoid, #10
Recoda, #12
Arokh, #20
andyzammy, #21
AidenEnos, #35
Psionic22, #43
sob, #44
AkiranBlade, #47
JohnCapital, #6
Arokh, #80
Paderz, #93
Mercury, #96
Arokh, #97
Pinky, #104
Chrome, #108
Chrome, #109
Chrome, #111
Herb, #24

I voted for Chrome, #108.

Reason why is this... most of the others that were posted were either just for fun (gj guys) or weren't balanced enough (c'mon herb, 1 shot kill on anyone? Even Skalman/Mercury? :eyecrazy: :silly2: ).
I'll admit, I had trouble choosing between Chrome and Arokh's entries, Arokh put a lot of thought into his designs, and I do like the gauss weapon idea a lot. Problem with the other two designs, IMO, is that they would cause Oil and Melchi prices to SKYROCKET in a very short time, impacting crafting all across the sectors (as well as pilot prices).

The idea of a weapon which could be crafted and sold to pixie wearing noobs, utilizing sweat alone is an ingenious idea, which (if it's a readily available item, ergo CHEAP) could be a gift from a Mentor to his disciple for reaching a certain point (say 5-10%). This would let the disciple sweat their little ass off for a certain period, and then he (or she) would have the choice of taking their hard-earned sweat, and directly going hunting (without HAVING to sell the sweat) and possibly getting some degree of loot...
(in order to make it 'fairer' due to obviously highly decreased costs involved in hunting, perhaps have a line added in info where due to using an acid-based weapon, the mobs loot gets eaten up mostly = reduced loot perhaps?)

It'd make it a hell of a lot more fun for noobs who can't deposit, and find straight sweating boring as all hell.

If you vote for me, your loot will be beter ;)

No really, just try and see

xxxx has voted for Acronoid and killed a chirpy mature with a value of 2894PED and has been recorded in the hall of fame

Normally I try to avoid Acronoid and the subject of Acronoid, but given the subject of poll, I'll make an exception. I, a self proclaimed bitch must :bowdown: to Acronoid, who whoops my ass in this category!!

Well, despite the obvious attempt to hide my contribution (a clear conspiracy :D) I, of course, had to vote for myself. :)

I anticipate no more than 2 votes for my gun. :(

Even though mine is the best and most ingame-realistic. ;)

xxxx has voted for Acronoid and killed a chirpy mature with a value of 2894PED and has been recorded in the hall of fame Of course, xxxx did use the chirpy splatter I designed so what do you expect, getting loots like that :D

I vote all the way for Chrome's creations... :yay:

i don't know you m8 in game or in EF , but you have some awesome ideas , out of the ordinary ... especially the #109 Angel Halo and Wings ..... :eek:
I vote for that :wtg:

@Paderz

i was loling for 5 mins :laugh: .... nice creation , really funny name , but not so cool stats :D

+rep

Archery

Yeah, the chirpy splatter thingy is hilarious. I want that to be implemented just to watch people awkwardly wield the thing against each other.

I think this should have been a multiple vote poll. So many good ideas!

I completely missed the thread about designs. :( I have some ideas much more interesting than the ones i trotted out in More Bang in my signature. That was mostly a proof of concept for something already introduced...

I like Arokh's gauss weapon, and the melchi-crystal firing gun is one of the best concepts, i think.

In the end i voted for the angel halo. I like the idea of synergistic armor/weapon/implant combinations, or add-ons.

There's definitely a need for flamethrowers now that we have explosives with area-effect damage, too.

Some of my ideas:

Chikara Gauchomatic Bolo Bow (L)

This intricate, powered mechanical launcher draws from a built-in supply of encapsulated adhesive leather straps created from animal tentacles and aliciences gel. Although originally developed for use in the Ortog round-up on far away Vela II, the versatility of the gun has brought it a cult following around the galaxy akin to that of 20th-century CE duct tape. Colonists on Calypso began to use the gun during the first Eomon migration. Entanglement in the sticky bolos would slow down the massive beasts enough for the slower colonists to evacuate.

Today, it is used in team big game hunts to slow down a charging creature and give the hunters time to inflict more damage.

Stats:
Mass: 10 kg
Decay: 5 PECs
Ammo cost: 5 Heavy Cells
Reload: 10 seconds, but can be switched out after 1 s
Range: 80 m
Profession: Archer (Hit)
Decoy Dispenser
SIB begins: Level 20

Each strap effectively reduces a mob's agility (and speed) by up to 10% (5-10% for maxed SIB) for 20 seconds.

Profession to manufacture: Carpenter
Uses: allophyl tentacles, alic. gel, some wood and animal oils

Unique Roman Ram bow

[wrap=left]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:EPijG2sQcZmoaM:[/wrap]Roman Ram's fascination with the weapons of Earth's medieval past inspired many of his magnificent customizations. He was particularly proud of this crossbow, an elegant construction of modern supermaterials with a very convincing antique wood finish. The bolts are a similar fusion of old and new: chains of explosive weapon cells bound together temporarily by strong magnetic fields to form a mechanical projectile with devastating impact that delivers all of its explosive energy to the primary target. Unfortunately, this ingenious approach also reduces the effective range of the crossbow. The PowAssist spanning mechanism makes reloading relatively fast and easy — to accommodate the most sedentary weekend warrior — but at the expense of high decay. However, the weight of the weapon and its trueness to the period targeting mechanism make it a challenging instrument of death to master.

Stats:
Mass: 13 kg
Decay: 15 PECs
Ammo: 110 Explosive Cells
Reload: 5 seconds
Range: 40 m
Profession: Archer (Dmg)
SIB begins: Level 40
Ends: Level 60
Damage: 220-440
-50% Impact
-25% Penetration
-12.5% Burn
-12.5% Shrapnel

Chikara Bigwig Longbow (L)
[wrap=right]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:yRlJMk5n8Jc_2M[/wrap]Stats:
Mass: 5 kg
Decay: 10 PECs
Ammo: 1 arrow (10 pecs tt)
Reload: 2.5 seconds
Range: 140 m
SIB begins: Level 30
Damage: 42.5-85
-50% Impact
-50% Penetration

Uses: short, long, and normal bigwig boards, iron, animal oils

Profession to manufacture arrows: Carpenter
Uses: short firn or short midastree (two BPs)

Chikara Firn bow (L)
Stats:
Mass: 4 kg
Decay: 3 PECs
Reload: 2.1 seconds
SIB begins: Level 15
Damage: 26-52
-50% Impact
-50% Penetration

Uses: short, long, and normal firn boards, belk, animal oils

Chikara Midastree bow (L)
Stats:
Mass: 4 kg
Decay: 0.25 PECs
Reload: 2.0 seconds
Range: 65 m
SIB begins: Level 5
Damage: 20-40
-50% Impact
-50% Penetration

Uses: short and long midastree boards, lyst, animal oils

Adjusted Chikara Hydra Crossbow (L)
When Chikara first brought out its line of retro archery products the other corporations seemed content to let them control that provincial niche market. It wasn't until the Hydra created a sensation across the colonies that competitors began to take notice. What made the Hydra so buzz-worthy is not entirely clear, but the powerful multiple bolt launchers, resurgence of hunting, and retro craze all contributed. When the optional fully automated spanning module was released, the new adjusted Hydra was as easy to use as any modern firearm, overcoming the perception of archery as a romantic but impractical mode of combat.

During the peak of the archery fad, a number of adjusted Hydra shipments to Calypso went astray, and rumors of illegal sales to the umbranoid population began to circulate. Chilling evidence has begun to surface in the form of doubly-shot corpses...

Stats:
Adjusted Chikara Hydra Duo Crossbow (L)
Mass: 8 kg
Decay: 10 PECs
Ammo: 2 arrows (20 pecs tt)
Reload: 2.0 seconds
Range: 90 m
SIB begins: Level 35
Damage: 62-124
-50% Impact
-50% Penetration

Adjusted Chikara Hydra Trio Crossbow (L)
Mass: 10 kg
Decay: 12 PECs
Ammo: 3 arrows (30 pecs tt)
Reload: 2.1 seconds
SIB begins: Level 45
Damage: 86-172
-50% Impact
-50% Penetration

Looted from (and wielded by) very high-maturity umbranoids

Last edited:
I vote all the way for Chrome's creations... :yay:

i don't know you m8 in game or in EF , but you have some awesome ideas , out of the ordinary... especially the #109
Angel Halo and Wings .....

Thank you! :D

Already 6 voted :D just 3 away of pinky.
Thx for al the votes:laugh:

Already 6 voted :D just 3 away of pinky.
Thx for al the votes:laugh:

[Darth Vader voice]

Do not underestimate the power of the Pink side.... ;)

[/Darth Vader Voice]

anyway, technically "I hate them all" is winning by a long way - so we all lose! :D

(Onyx - look i spelt it right!!)

Last edited:
[Darth Vader voice]

Do not underestimate the power of the Pink side.... ;)

[/Darth Vader Voice]

anyway, technically "I hate them all" is winning by a long way - so we all lose! :D

(Onyx - look i spelt it right!!)

We all lost since we hit that project entropia icon for the first time... :D

Just out of interest.. does anyone think it's a good idea to get the top 4 voted for and put them in 'finals', with the actual created weapons in first post, and no 'I hate everything' vote?

Back