Crone wants to be in all 50 most skilled societies for a week

Crone

Prowler
Society
CRT
Joshua Crone Craftson
The title says it all, call him a dreamer, but it's not a bad dream, is it? No catches, no nothing, pure out of curiosity. Crone will do his best to behave.

Societie(s) that accepted Crone for a week:
Rangers (apr/16/2011-apr/24/2011)
Damage Inc (apr/28/2011-may/05/2011)
Alpha WildD3amons (may/05/2011-may/11/2011)
Calypso Rescue Team (may/13/2011-may/20/2011)
Project -X- (around may/21/2011-may/27/2011)
Shaolin (may/28/2011-jun/04/2011)
The Gathering (Jun/04/2011-jun/12/2011) ;)
Via Dolorosa (jun/13/2011-jun/19/2011)

Societie(s) that invited Crone for a week (in this thread, dates are guesses):

Last edited:
The catch is they'll lose ranking when you join :)

Unless you've got a similar skill level...

Would have to make a poll in our soc forum about it. But if you are serious i can very well imagine our folks are happy to have you as guest for a week.

Don't expect any fancy experience just by joining a top 50 soc though. :)

Would have to make a poll in our soc forum about it. But if you are serious i can very well imagine our folks are happy to have you as guest for a week.

Don't expect any fancy experience just by joining a top 50 soc though. :)

Second that, being in a top 50 soc is a highly overrated experience :rolleyes: once you get used to it.

Be aware that Crone has to say Gratz to every global scored by the soc members (also in team and WoF) and he has to pay the 10% HoF/ATH tax just like every regular member.

/Slupor

Be aware that Crone has to say Gratz to every global scored by the soc members (also in team and WoF) and he has to pay the 10% HoF/ATH tax just like every regular member.

/Slupor

The Gratz you get from Crone cost one ped each. Crone has a habbit of Gratzing everyone about 50 times for every global. How many members are there? The tax shouldn't be a problem. Crone had a total of 2 HOF's. One for niksarium and one for a small fauc when he ran a disciple to a tp. We had a good laugh, shared the loot and ran to the tp. That 500 ped went a long way for Mikki, Crone blew it away within 2 days with a small gun.

Skills is a word Crone does not know. He once had close to nothing, now he has close to nothing devided by 5. Therefor Crone is not expecting any kind of experience other than saying: "Crone was in that and that society once". :D He wouldn't be able to participate in any soc hunting activity since the targets would not even care to look for Crone when he shoots them. He does know how to hide.

That reminds Crone of the good old days when Mikah (Terra Verde) was still organising tp-runs for newbies. Like Crone back then. Crone might be a noob now, but no newbie. Once Crone mentionned to her that he wanted to go to the oil rig. Mikah then organised a big newbie event with lots and lots and a lot more than you are thinking off now, newbies. Phil Dalesman, Crone thinks he was called, opened a wormhole to the oil rig. Together with everyone Crone walked through and ended up next to the oil rig. Akoz and his friends were taking their time to ATH on killingspree. He made 267 kills that day. The record still stands.

As far as Crone remembers, that was the first time his picture ended up on the forum. Someone did a great story about it on the forum. Crone was standing there next to Samantha. He figured she would maybe offer some kind of protection. Ofcourse Crone was one of the 267...

It was a good experience though.

The catch is they'll lose ranking when you join :)

Unless you've got a similar skill level...

That could be a philosophical problem. If Crone joins a top 50 society for a week, but then the society drops to place 51, did Crone then actually join a top 50 society?

But is this true? Is the top based on total skills or average skills/person?

And... does anyone actually care for a week? Most of those societies were in that list when Crone spawned for the first time, about 5 years ago?

will the members of the host soc have to talk in 3rd person all the time???

if they don't, won't you get confused every time someone speaks, not knowing if it is the ava or the IRL guy who is actually speaking?

will that situation eventually make you (i mean, crone) or the guys in the host soc, go psycho, after a week???

just curious :tongue2::eyecrazy:

will the members of the host soc have to talk in 3rd person all the time???

if they don't, won't you get confused every time someone speaks, not knowing if it is the ava or the IRL guy who is actually speaking?

will that situation eventually make you (i mean, crone) or the guys in the host soc, go psycho, after a week???

Life is worth nothing without risk.

Guess we will know soon. :laugh:

Vote is over and Rangers would like to welcome you as guest. :)

However, i gather from the remarks in the votes that there seems to be strong consensus that we will not adjust our usage of grammatical person. :silly2:

The title says it all, call him a dreamer, but it's not a bad dream, is it? No catches, no nothing, pure out of curiosity. Crone will do his best to behave.

Your plan miserably failed already - you'll never be accepted in my soc, not as long as i am still breathing.

First, your thread title is an impossibility imo :cool:

however, im sure if you tried hard enough you would be able to find a few socs (as you have already found one) that would be willing to take you onboard

but... all 50 socs??? :hammer:

edit: an answer to your previous question, yes top 50 socs are ranked by average skill of player. Not by total skill

If you want to gain a Top soc. You have to ask you...What skill do i have,what gear do i have and what kind of player are am.

Do the new soc fits my goal and do i fit in the soc, and last ---> as you all know there is lucky and unlucky avatars in the game because most part of the loot you getting has nothing with the skills to do or what gear you use so you also meed to have a great deal of money to spend.

If you can say yes to all this questions you can join almost all soc. There is in the game.:)

Crone is very happy to announce that the first top 50 society invited him to apply at the soc terminal. He will certainly enjoy himself while being a well behaving guest. Thank.

Dear Sir Valentine,

Crone very well understands that he does not fit any top 500, yes hundred, soc measured by skills. He understands that the societies will do him a favor. Also Crone knows this community as one of the nicest gaming communities.

Dear Goose,

Crone was in cdr before.

Lezardine sends her congratz to Crone and hope he will be enjoying his experience while being a top 50 soc's member.
Lezardine also hope Crone will share some impressions once the 1 week membership has finished. Lezardine is a bit jealous. :ahh:

Like Crone, Lezardine is noob but no newbie. She also knows from experience this community is the best. Hopefully more than 2 societies will invite Crone for a week. :cool:

GL

any soc that cant reach out to a long time player ( for a week) , who is here for fun , prolly wouldnt be much fun to be in anyway. my soc may not be in top fifty , hell maybe not top hundred , but we are here for eachother , and try to serve the entropian community with pride and honor

HULK SMASH! :eyecrazy:

any soc that cant reach out to a long time player ( for a week) , who is here for fun , prolly wouldnt be much fun to be in anyway. my soc may not be in top fifty , hell maybe not top hundred , but we are here for eachother , and try to serve the entropian community with pride and honor

Uhm, yes, if you ask Crone. But many societies might have other thoughts about that. And ofcourse that is their deserved right. Then again... But Crone sure counts on societies being friendly for a week.

It's actually a pretty smart idea. even if only a few allow him to visit he can sit back quietly scanning SOC chat and gain some understanding as to how loot cycles, trends, and "hot/cold" times affect high spending or extremely experienced players. He can then downsize that to a level that fits his skills/gear and maybe lose less money while he skills up.

Menace

It's actually a pretty smart idea. even if only a few allow him to visit he can sit back quietly scanning SOC chat and gain some understanding as to how loot cycles, trends, and "hot/cold" times affect high spending or extremely experienced players. He can then downsize that to a level that fits his skills/gear and maybe lose less money while he skills up.

Menace

Crone is not sure what you are talking about, he does know he cannot downsize. Most newbies are more skilled than him. This project saw the light in a flash of a second and Crone never thinks twice about a good idea. He will take every invitation as it comes by and enjoy a good chat. Whatever it is people chat about, could be for the good and the bad. As long as people appreciate Crone's visit, all is well.

Rangers and Crone

As you all might know the Rangers invited Crone to be their guest for a week. Ofcourse Crone gratefully accepted. After a few hours his application was accepted and people started welcoming Crone as their guest. We made a few jokes about Crone's initiation assignment. He was to be killed by a Malcruentor Stalker or ... was it the other way around? Crone doesn't remember anymore, afteral it was a joke. (He hopes.)

When he joined immediately he was presented a gift by a feffoid. Mai and Crone were finished talking to bots and started shooting at feffoids. One of them presented an ESI and one presented a Thunderbird helmet (M, L). Did you ever notice that feffoids run around like crazy when you shoot at them? Crone and Mai were advised by the Rangers to walk backwards while shooting feffoids and miraculously that worked.

He noticed that at some point he could repeat himself in soc chat frequently with saying "gratz". Crone never noticed so many globals in a few hours as he did last night. Or actually it was still daytime.

Tonight Crone will be their biggest fan during the WOF event.

LIVE UPDATE:

Rangers are nice; Crone knows, he asked.

Can't believe i haven't spotted this thread earlier !

I'd just like to endorse Crone's thread in saying that i've known Crone ingame for many years and been a soc mate for several years (you do actually get used to the third person talk with time :yup: !!). A studious, sociable and honest player, what he may lack (currently) in skills he makes up for in soc interaction and chat with a smart/dry humour.

Best of luck.

Goody

BB likes this thread...BB enjoys reading...especially reading about this adventure...BB wishes Crone some good luck against the malcruentor.

Crone is in fond of Goodies reply for obvious reasons. :)

Actually BB, Crone would think he is off the hook concerning that Malcruentor. Yesterday, Rangers took Crone for a society hunt. Total madness. First they went for Scipulor, gold fish with feet, Crone found two new outposts while hunting. Crone sure showed those scips.

Then they went for proteron. Proteron look like big elephants with a giraffe like neck and an E.T. head, also they seem to have too many leggs. Yet they are slow. Although the name of the team appeared in chat a few times it was a bad hunt in terms of ped.

Crone learnt something new about himself: he is a bad hunter, not only measured by skills. Ofcourse his new society mates for a week judge otherwise. It sure was fun.

Back