Cry Engine

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have been off for a few months waiting for the new engine and I see that Marco said the new engine is in test phase, however after doing a few searches I have not found a thread with a tentative release date. I have seen a bunch of vids teasers and they look good. I think this will be a good thing and really help with getting new players, I hope.

Anyway if anyone has any info about a date please share it with me or point to a thread with that discussion.

TIA.

Given the staff takes vacation in July, and Marco has said that the mini-teasers will come at irregular intervals during that time, My guess would be that they'll go into a code freeze on 9.x and 10.x, return in August, do any last minute tweaks and release in August.

...but that's sheer speculation on my part.

Aug, 31, 2009 :D

I would say August would be the very earliest...

I don't think they'll be giving us a release date or even an estimated release date until maybe the day before it happens. I'm sure they don't want to make the mistake of giving a date then it not working out the way they had planned... the community reaction to that would not be very pleasant, I'm sure.

I imagine they will come back after summer, do some last minute tweaks and fixes, then Marco will give us a statement in mid-august. I imagine some time in September it will be released :tux:

I don't think they'll be giving us a release date or even an estimated release date until maybe the day before it happens. I'm sure they don't want to make the mistake of giving a date then it not working out the way they had planned... the community reaction to that would not be very pleasant, I'm sure.

"And CE2 is set to be relased during August.... NOOOOT!"

;)

no but seriously, I think it will be during august or (the very latest) september :D

Well the last release date I remember was due almost a year ago...
Who knows, maybe it gets upgraded to CE3 automatically.
:D
:laugh:

Jokes aside, august/september wouldn`t be too optimistic imo.

Well as posted by Marco|FPC here

We will get an update on expected release date in early August, so I would say, late August to early September.

Well as posted by Marco|FPC here

We will get an update on expected release date in early August, so I would say, late August to early September.

If they're only expecting to give us an update in early August, I'd probably be inclined to say that late September might be the earliest we'd see it. Certainly most major game dev/test cycles have a cool-off period where a pre-release version is left to settle (which these days tends to be a month or more).

As MA have released so little info as to what's going on back there, it's pretty hard to speculate either way. Since they said that the release was going to be Summer 2008 initially, I'd say their capacity for making estimates is somewhat limited :)

well...

An email from the guy that is behind Next Island indicates that they are in a beta stage of testing now - not public beta just quite yet... but still beta for the developers first... My guess would be sometime between now and October, or December at the latest. Maybe CE2 is the next Christmas Gift from MA.

Aug, 31, 2009 :D

Oh, great, and spend my whole birthday downloading? :D
Let's have it a day earlier!

But seriously, I'd expect to see it early - mid September.

Back