CryEngine 3

Holy crap, that looks so freakin awesome.

The head looked almost real. :eyecrazy:

The city looked so good, the flames were fantastic.
The energy balls (or whatever) form the gun looked amazing, great physics too!

The moving plants when the child was running through was done spectacularly, the Sandbox UI looks really good too. The waterfall in the editor was great too, haven't seen a game with water physics as good as that.

The sandbox style of play with destructible environment looks like it'd be thrilling, blowing up a great arch. Making debris and trees fly all over the place from an explosion set off far far away, that is wonderful.

CryTek have done wonderful with the engine and with that HD Trailer. They are the masters of gaming.

Outstanding work. :D

Will be awesome

Cant wait to see it!

Holy crap, that looks so freakin awesome.

The head looked almost real. :eyecrazy:

The city looked so good, the flames were fantastic.
The energy balls (or whatever) form the gun looked amazing, great physics too!

The moving plants when the child was running through was done spectacularly, the Sandbox UI looks really good too. The waterfall in the editor was great too, haven't seen a game with water physics as good as that.

The sandbox style of play with destructible environment looks like it'd be thrilling, blowing up a great arch. Making debris and trees fly all over the place from an explosion set off far far away, that is wonderful.

CryTek have done wonderful with the engine and with that HD Trailer. They are the masters of gaming.

I wouldnt say they are the masters at gaming but masters of game engines :p

So, all we need to do is wait 5-10 more years and we'll have that engine implemented in EU :yay:

Amazing .thnx for sharing :wtg:

So, all we need to do is wait 5-10 more years and we'll have that engine implemented in EU :yay:

Hopefully it's a lot sooner than that many years ;)

Actually i think i'd settle for them fixing the bugs, re-implementing the missing stuff and working on improving the planet with CE2's capabilities as they've done near the volcano area. Do you really want them to start from scratch again? :eek:

To return to the topic - :yay::yay::yay: Jorael for sharing! simply amazing

watched it again.

Still fudging my pants... :laugh:

What are the system requirements going to be with CryEngine 3 implemented?

I think it will knock more people out of Entropia since most people just have standard PCs.

I in fact just bought the new ASUS G73 which has

Display:
17.3" Full HD (1920x1080)
Processor: Intel Quad Core i7-720QM (1.60GHz)
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Hard Drive: 1TB (500GB x 2) 7200RPM
Graphics Card: ATi HD5870 1GB GDDR5
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

This laptop cost $1600 which most people dont just have laying around to buy a new system.

Even though it looks awesome I hope it wont be implemented anytime soon.

Take a glance at this (direct link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJG14uLA3k )
[YOUTUBE]2WJG14uLA3k [/YOUTUBE]

After diving deeper into CE3 it apears to have been made becouse consoles cant do CE2.
So they downsized cutted it up and tryd to make it look the same to run on consoles.
For as far as i have seen it dosnt even support dx11 as something new.

Im not saying its bad or good just a bit objective as those promo vids are as polished as it gets :D

and just fyi cry 3 is just a cry 2 with console support. Ie not much different at all from cry 2. Cry 4 though woopa :p which is comming 2014 i think or 2013.

Sooooo epicly unreal!

The jungle, looked so real :eek:

and just fyi cry 3 is just a cry 2 with console support. Ie not much different at all from cry 2. Cry 4 though woopa :p which is comming 2014 i think or 2013.

And that will then be taken to Virtual Reality which will screw around with people's minds and when they die ingame, they are caused seroius harm In Real Life and then all the nerds will die.

lol? :D

And that will then be taken to Virtual Reality which will screw around with people's minds and when they die ingame, they are caused seroius harm In Real Life and then all the nerds will die.

lol? :D
'no no this is the nerds revenge, they will use cry 4 to get all non nerd ppl to go into the virtual world and the ners will kiiiiiill them and then the nerds win :D

'no no this is the nerds revenge, they will use cry 4 to get all non nerd ppl to go into the virtual world and the ners will kiiiiiill them and then the nerds win :D

With super high powered nerd whips which have spikes all over them whilst the nerd are wearing black armour which makes them look all buff and evil?

:laugh:

With super high powered nerd whips which have spikes all over them whilst the nerd are wearing black armour which makes them look all buff and evil?

:laugh:

no no nerds will look like nerds and kill everyone with their nerdieness :D

What are the system requirements going to be with CryEngine 3 implemented?

If anything they will be less.
CE3 is as Legion mentioned before mostly a gaming console directed upgrade and CE2 on the PC offers nearly everything CE3 has to offer.

That said now you know that MA has the tech at hand to do gfx like in the video of the OP with CE2 and can implement it anytime they get improved stuff from their artists.
So... anytime soon we will get better textures for a lot of things I guess... probably the reason the Boorum got castrated ;)

are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me? Look at how many flaws there have been in CE2 implementation and how many players have hardware that can't even get in now... An engine upgrade is only going to knock more players off again...

EU is suppossed to be free for anyone to play... not free for only the uber rich with top of the line 5000.00 computers and 500.00 graphic cards, who replace their computers yearly just to stay on the bleeding edge of gaming technology!

Are you kidding me?

Look here http://www.n4g.com/News-346801.aspx

Maybe you will now understand that what is new in CE3 is that you can develop for PC, Xbox and PS at once and this is a huge cost reducing factor for gaming companies.

Even should MA consider upgrading to CE3 sometime this won't affect us much.

Also the flaws in implementing it do not stem from the CE2 engine but rather from the complex rewrite MA has to do in so many areas.
This won't be as brutal when switching to CE3 ;)

Hopefully it's a lot sooner than that many years ;)

Try waiting for about 7 months ago... ;)

Everything you saw in that trailer is possible in our CURRENT game engine.

As it was mentioned, CE3 is basically just CE2, rewritten to run on game consoles. It's not meant for the PC as we already have CE2. There's very little that differentiates the two engines in terms of visual effects or capabilities.

Again, CE3 is not meant for PCs. Our current engine can reproduce everything in that trailer. What you should be concerned with is why things in game don't look as good as what's in that trailer. But that's a design issue (FPC's arena...), not an engine issue...

In my honest opinion, CryEngine3 is just a console port of CryEngine2, highly optimized for this generation consoles (I'm not sayin' that's bad, my 800 bucks PC gonna be happy).

Everything you saw in the video can be done in CryEngine2, if you want to see what this game engine is capable of, please take a look at this videos:

· CryEngine 2 Extreme Quality Mod for Multiplayer
· CE2 Extreme Quality Mod: part1 part2

There are very good mods/tweaks for CE2 that make the real time gaming almost look like a CGI :DDDD

Back