CryEngine in 2009 ???

Any release dates of games...game updates have no meaning to me, most of them get delayed.Time will tell :rolleyes: .

Well last time Marco talked about CE2 he said something like "maybe, if we are lucky in 2008, but probably in 2009" :)

The company says it expects to be the first MMO to integrate the CryEngine 2, which will enable more photorealistic and immersive game play. The CryEngine update is due in the first quarter of 2009. New planets built using the Entropia Universe platform are also expected next year.

Well found SoftHart!

2009 it is then.

whatever happened to Summer 2008?

Argh! I had strong suspicions it would be December 2008! :mad:

At least, if they keep delaying the release, I may have enough time to prepare for the big boom. Especially if they release it on summer. :rolleyes:

Well id much prefer a good 209 launch then a bad 2008 launch

Anyone else noticed the "subtle words" wich Marco refers to "partners" using "EU Platform" and an SDK Platform being built especially for them?
Bright future ahead?

Sky is falling, from each promoter trying to use the "superb novelty platform" (other online platforms/universes using payments rings bells to anyone?) to promote this as just another "marketing/E-commerce spam universe?", or a superb music/live streams "new" media?

Waiting on answers for this one ;)

(and yes, i've been around almost every "universe" or platform you can name or think of :p )

Migi

thats good to hear

in 2007 i almost didnt even play for long periods of time, then 2008 at the start I was flirting with mining trying to make a comeback, now im 100% hunter by the end of 2008... its been a weird ride these last 2 years, but I am looking forward to the new planets about a thousand times more than cryengine... its all good

I thought the release date was orignally supposed to be this summer?

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm happy. At least i can play for few more months. Everybody with strong computer will probably think I'm crazy. But I'm not, only my PC is too weak to run cryengine;)

Nice find ... pitty we didn't get this from MA.
So it is Q2 2009 at soonest eh :)

;)

great to get an update ... just wish it would have been announced here as well so we didnt have to search the web for info.

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm happy. At least i can play for few more months. Everybody with strong computer will probably think I'm crazy. But I'm not, only my PC is too weak to run cryengine;)

yeah i feel your pain, i know some people in here arent as well off as others as far as computer power, and i dont like the fact some people who love to play will not be able to play, even my dad has been sidelined after a couple updates ago...
i think in time everyone will be able to afford to get the gear required to run the game, but losing a percent of your player base for the simple fact they cant run the game due to graphics, might be a much bigger gamble than some think when you consider all the graphics is gonna do is make the game look better...

I never played this game cause i want pretty graphics, i can go get just about any FPS on market today and they blow away cry engine or are very close.

I do think cry engine is gonna give MA more leverage on what they can and cant add to the game, this will mostly affect how clothes look and how colors look and maybe how mobs look, but to crafters and miners it wont make any difference, and to hunters it probably wont either... and consdiering the price to pay for this, losing players who cant run engine.... it leaves me scratching my head a bit:scratch2:

More time to get a better computer.

I've already bought:
-1GB RAM ($20)
-NVDIA e-GeForce 8500 GT ($150)

Will buy:
-1GB RAM ($20)
-Good processor ($200?)

Argh! I had strong suspicions it would be December 2008! :mad:

At least, if they keep delaying the release, I may have enough time to prepare for the big boom. Especially if they release it on summer. :rolleyes:

he he thats what i was thinking they may launch for xmas.

hally
Well id much prefer a good 209 launch then a bad 2008 launch

I agree with hally, much rather they ironed out all the bugs annd issues and we had a proper release late rather than a rushed mess :)

2009? You're so optimistic :ahh:

In light of rescent issue i see it on 2010-2011 unless they will decide go for newer engine. :D

More time to get a better computer.

I've already bought:
-1GB RAM ($20)
-NVDIA e-GeForce 8500 GT ($150)

Will buy:
-1GB RAM ($20)
-Good processor ($200?)

i went overboard with the syatem spec...got a whole new computer:
- 8 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2
- intel quad core processor q9450 overclocked runs @3.4GHZ
oh not to mention the fastest hard drive on market - plus 3 extra hard drives
multiple cooling fans etc etc
24 inch monitor

nice spec computer..... we shall see if it can run cryengine though.

oh the multiple hard drives are for multiple operating systems just in case some software does not work on one version of windows.

I hope it does:)

- 8 GB RAM
24 inch monitor

nice spec computer..... we shall see if it can run cryengine though.

oh the multiple hard drives are for multiple operating systems just in case some software does not work on one version of windows.

When I grow up, graduate and get a job,
I will get an uber computer as well. :laugh:

Nice find ... pitty we didn't get this from MA.
So it is Q2 2009 at soonest eh

i dont understand some of the reaction here. just because a "mainstream" source says something, its not official. note its not attributed to anyone at MA, so it seems its just the reporters reading of the information available. information which we all have too, and many of us have already adjusted expectation to a 2009 launch on the basis of recent comments.

though i agree, i dont see why MA cant give more direct information.

Last edited:
:(First Quarter of 2009?
Ok, in other words..Late March 2009.

Tnx MA.....

First things first. MA hasn't announced a date or time yet because they don't want the same thing happening w/ all of their other failures or delays. I'd rather see them NOT announce formally a date or time frame and have them come out with a fully functioning product than rush it out the door.

Second, All of MA's partners have been instructed to be completed by January '09. It is a LOT more than just MA working on this, there are other companies involved and working on this project as well. If cry's launch into EU is going to include the other planets it's all got to happen at once and as seemless as possible. I'd expect they are finished January '09, but that their integration together may take another month or two, to ensure less bugs and issues. Ofc... bugs and issues will pop up, it's why MA has a support team and support system. They can't always find every issue, but the player base will and most report it.

Third, Cryengine is flexible and crytek are working well with MA to help out w/ the minimum system specs. If you've bought a computer in the last few years and it doesn't have a poor quality intel graphics card it should be fine. Just means u have to turn settings way down. If you still can't run it it's relatively easy to upgrade any computer with a new video card or more memory. Relatively cheap too less than $200usd in most cases.

Finally, with all the hype that's been up and everyone panicking about the cryengine. You have time, you have known it's coming for some while now. Look into an upgrade, or buy a new system. :)

**note... another option for those panicking as well... go and get the crysis demo... put it on your computer and see if it will run at any settings for you. :) Just a general idea that will help you know what you will be facing when cry comes up, without all the assumptions.

With all that has been said I am still expecting a December 08 CE2 release. You know MA would love to have the holiday boost people see the new system. Early 09 we will see other planets start coming on. I would be shocked if they open up everything at the same time. They would want people to try each new planet one at a time.

Of course I could be TOTALLY wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

The fact of the matter is nobody knows.. really nobody, including MA.

This was clear when I talked to David 2 weeks ago in NY. They are shooting/hoping for early 2009 and would love to have it ready for CES, but it's not a sure thing. I think it's actually pretty smart on MA's part to not give a firm date because, frankly, every firm date they've ever given they have missed. Better to say 'it will be out when its done'. heh

- 8 GB RAM
24 inch monitor

Is this a 64bit computer?

Because if it's a 32bit system then you have 5GB of RAM that your system cannot utilise... Max usuable RAM for a 32bit sysstem is 3GB.

Cheers, Nobleone :beerchug:

Back