Cryengine requirment makeshift test

MorbidX

Prowler
Society
EntropiaDirectory.com
Morbid MoridXS Bond
Dont know if anyone is interested but with the cryengine stills, allthought i know they stills and touched up alot, got me concerned about playing EU.

Currently i run EU on max with max Anti alias and its sweet, little/no lag with only some in grassy areas mainly.

My concern like many i guess is being able to run the cryengine EU. I cant upgrade for a long time to come and if i cant log into EU after cryengine, with tousands fo $$$ stuck in there ill be angry and upset.

So ive been searching for someway to test my system on a cryengine based game/system.

While im currnetly downloading crysis demo to have a wirl, i found this compatability test for crysis and therefore... cryengine to a degree.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/ea_usa?registration_option_id=5610

Hope this can help some folks plan a upgrade or just offer some piece of mind.

Currently i can run on mid- low settings it seems, but i have a nice cpu and gfx card overclock capability so ill try cranking ti up

I have crysis running on 4 PC's, from "older" to "newest".
They all run smooth on all machines and detect the level of detail the machine can cope with nicely.

As far as I see there is no need for most people to upgrade unless you want to see the best of the best.

Myself, I got myself a new PC for Crysis and with full detail it is stunning !
But also on the "older" PC's, it looks great & better than EU today.

So don't worry to much is a message I'd like to pass to all people here ...

im confident i can run it at low spec at worst but still its a concern considering i have alot fo money (for me) in EU.

running crysis is really no problem.
Only if u have a very very old comp and running win 98 or something ^^

My test fails...lol.. i have a geforce 6600 and says it needs at least a 6800... the rest all works fine,enough for crysis, just the gfx card.... lets see how it goes when the day comes...

My 7600 will probably cope, but will be on the limit...

And I can't live without antialiasing and highres textures, so I guess I'll have to look for an upgrade :)

But no worry, capable enough cards aren't that expensive anymore, and getting cheaper by the week.

Tip: look for lots of graphics memory, If you can't decide between two, take the one with more memory.. That will really be deciding for performance I'd say.

This test is bull S***
It says that i can't run crysis only becouse i failed on CPU speed...
And the most interesting thing is that i completed ''Crysis'' game in 1 day with full graphic settings :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Got a bit surprised about the result for my laptop :(

All categories are ok except the processor speed . (Have 1,5G need 2G)

have to wait and see if i can run EU-cry then :cool:

After running the test, it sent me to a "Joke of the Day" website instead of giving me my results....

Is that bad? :silly2:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

If u have this PC, u will be able to play it :D

God...i love my machine :D

Your machine is quite old now deadeye but still pretty nice. Also, if people cant afford to buy a new pc, why not withdraw some $ from the game like I did :)

This test is bull S***
And the most interesting thing is that i completed ''Crysis'' game in 1 day with full graphic settings :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It took you a whole day to beat crysis? :p

I guess we have to wait until blu-ray comes common place enough to allow high detailed games to actually have more than 12 hous of play time.

This also bring up another note, how big do you think the update will be? will take forever if its 10 GB and you download at a low speed.

Well considering I need to emulate my GFX card to play EU currently, I don't think i'll be able to play when CE2 comes.

Currently i can run on mid- low settings it seems, but i have a nice cpu and gfx card overclock capability so ill try cranking ti up
What reason to use this test, when you can download Crysis demo (it free) and check that by yourself with different settings? ;)

allthought i know they stills and touched up alot,

I don't agree, Cry can actually look like this!

got me concerned about playing EU.

Currently i run EU on max with max Anti alias and its sweet, little/no lag with only some in grassy areas mainly.

My concern like many i guess is being able to run the cryengine EU. I cant upgrade for a long time to come and if i cant log into EU after cryengine, with tousands fo $$$ stuck in there ill be angry and upset.

So ive been searching for someway to test my system on a cryengine based game/system.

While im currnetly downloading crysis demo to have a wirl, i found this compatability test for crysis and therefore... cryengine to a degree.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/ea_usa?registration_option_id=5610

[/QUOTE]

I've run Crysis on 2 machined (well same one before and after) It was ALWAYS playable but on my older machine (with 7950 graphics card) I just didnt see why ppl said it was so nice looking it was still smooth but lacked decent detail - not so good for sniping head shots in the game but even on my old PC I wouldn't be to stressed about EU not being playable

I think the thing most ppl will just need a new GFX card and now that Nvida have a seriously good value range of mid level cards I cant see it being to expensive either

mind you that said personally I say thow a shite load of £ at your PC and upgrade to the max you can afford ;) the difference on my machine is simply stunning and the amount of time I'm ingame totally justifies the spending ;)

3.3gz 4gb of RAM and 2x8800GTX

This test is bull S***

hehe, same thing here :laugh:

What reason to use this test, when you can download Crysis demo (it free) and check that by yourself with different settings? ;)

Agreed, I recommend people download the demo and try for themselves :)

- Nightwolf

yup ideal solutions to upgrade worries!

I think there are plenty of EU players who are currently maxing out their system to play. With the new engine they will probably be over the limit.

Maybe it's time to start the thread - 'Post here if you can't play after the CryEngine update.'

You know that thread is coming.

Your machine is quite old now deadeye but still pretty nice. Also, if people cant afford to buy a new pc, why not withdraw some $ from the game like I did :)

That's my plan. EU is the only reason for me to upgrade the laptop (gray box at the office is ok) since my work is primarily text based pretending. :p

im downloading it :) but i thought this could at least give some people a idea

FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. You may want to contact your system manufacturer to get information about upgrading your computer.

DANG!!!

time for a new GFX card.
:yay:Time to go SHOPPING!!:yay:

Any specs to share of this older PC?

Sure, I'll put in the important specs (cpu, mem, gfx).
Specs from "lower" machine to "highend".

Configuration 4 is 1 week old, so pretty new ;)

Configuration 1 :

- CPU : P4 3.0 Ghz
- Mem : 2 Gb
- GFX : Radeon X800 XT

Configuration 2 :

- CPU : AMD Athlon 64 3000+
- Mem : 4 Gb
- GFX : GeForce 6800

Configuration 3 :

- CPU :
- Mem : 3 Gb
- GFX : GeForce 8800 GTX

Configuration 4 :

- CPU : Quad Core 2.83 Ghz
- GFX : GeForce 9800 GX2 1Gb (2x = SLI)

Sure, I'll put in the important specs (cpu, mem, gfx).
Specs from "lower" machine to "highend".

Configuration 4 is 1 week old, so pretty new ;)

Configuration 4 :

- CPU : Quad Core 2.83 Ghz
- GFX : GeForce 9800 GX2 1Gb (2x = SLI)

Yep this ones going to run very nicely!!! :yay::drool::thumbup:

Your from nottingham Morbid? nice, I live next to Alfreton.

Lol, failed on RAM but it got how much i have wrong..

So thats ok...

I think...

Thanks for the link, handy test there.

+rep

t

The test takes 60 seconds...

But...

To download, install and tweak the Crysis demo takes a heck of a lot longer...

It's all just guesswork anyway because CryEU will be different from Crysis...

Take the 60 second test and if you are close enough wait until Cryengine implimentation before you spend any money on an upgrade... A trip to the shops and installation of a graphics card will take most people an hour... Can you be away from EU THAT long? :laugh:

Cheers, Nobleone :beerchug:

Graphics card is ok, 7800 :D
Processor is ok also, and free space :)
I'l need to upgrade the RAM though, im stuck on 512 atm :silly2:

Test doesn't work for me cause everything is "unknown" :)

But with a quad core 2.4 Ghz
4GB Ram
512 mb Xpert Vision Video card with HD
And enough space on Disk it would be no problem I think :)

Back