Question: CryEngine

CSI

Mature
Society
Freelancer
David CSI Caruso
When the new game engine is implemented into EU, will it be both DX9 and DX10 compatable?

~ CSI

With a cherry on top...lol

I would assume full cap with dx10. Most but some limited features with dx9

I would assume full cap with dx10. Most but some limited features with dx9

Some limited features will suck, but I guess I can get by without the extra flashes lol.. Curious question though, have they come out with a version of DX10 for XP yet?

~ CSI

cryengine2 runs native in DX10 but is scalable to dx8.1; HDR is not possible, efficiently, with DX8

so if ya really wanted, you could prolly play on any computer you can currently play EU on :D

Some limited features will suck, but I guess I can get by without the extra flashes lol.. Curious question though, have they come out with a version of DX10 for XP yet?

~ CSI

because vista was written in a different format than xp, not all drivers and programs will work directly installed. DX10 is not and will not be ported to xp by microsoft but there are plenty of 3rd party open-source groups that have a directx10 port for xp. try googling it: direct x 10 xp

because vista was written in a different format than xp, not all drivers and programs will work directly installed. DX10 is not and will not be ported to xp by microsoft but there are plenty of 3rd party open-source groups that have a directx10 port for xp. try googling it: direct x 10 xp

Would you possibly be able to link me to any safe 3rd partied ones that you know of? I don't want to really take a chance with my rig right now.

So maybe something like this?

Last edited:
Ok everyone!

For those with XP and are wanting to run DX10, you can get it right from here. I was skeptical at first, but I am running it fine on my rig now.

Regards, CSI

dotn wurry,
this vu took 6 motnhs, and cry-egine will therfor take much more tiem again then 6 months.

Ok everyone!

For those with XP and are wanting to run DX10, you can get it right from here. I was skeptical at first, but I am running it fine on my rig now.

Regards, CSI

lol who uses xp and has a decend rig anymore ?
Everyone knows vista and seven perform much better now (games included)

those people who dont want to pay another £200 for an OS when they have XP, and know the "it performs better" is rubbish since you still need 25% more hardware for the same performance :thumbup:

Myself for one.. I know XP so well that I don't want to bother with Vista? I put more money into my graphics cards alone then most people put into their whole rig? I have dual ATI 4870 X2. FYI: They are a good $650 - $700 USD each, depending on where you go.

Processor: Quad Q6700 Processor 2.66GHz
Graphics: ATI 4870 X2 - AGEIA PhysX extension - Tweeked DX10
Motherboard: nForce 790i Ultra SLI
Sound Card: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty.
Case: Antec 900
RAM: 3 GB

NOTE My rig is overclocked like mad as well.

So ya, there you go ALEXANDER, I use XP and I have a decent rig..

~ CSI

Last edited:
Why fix something thats not broke.

I have XP and a quadcore 2gb ram and a 8800gt card. My rig runs Crysis without a hitch. It will run EU even better.

Wont be switching to Vista anytime soon.

Reactions: CSI

I do! And most people i know, because it doesnt suck all your resources like vista... W7 however is very good so i'll move onto it when it's out...

I will also move onto Windows 7 when it is released, however.. Until then, I'm more then happy with XP. Windows 7 has the ease of XP with the tweeks of Vista.

~ CSI

I have Win2k and I'm proud of it! :yay:

And now go and play somewhere else :silly2:

Though I'll probably switch to Win7 or Ubuntu (I'm testing Ubuntu in a VM and it works nicely).

dx10 in XP??

is there anyone who can confirm dx10 can be used by that soft?
i read it's technically impossible and the soft may be infested
???

is there anyone who can confirm dx10 can be used by that soft?
i read it's technically impossible and the soft may be infested
???

Hey bud, I downloaded from that link, and installed it. I am now running DX10 functions.!

Enjoy gaming!

~ CSI

Back