Crysis engine

SKULL

Prowler
Society
The Great Pretenders
jan SKULL van de ven
Here the system specs for crysis

the game that uses the engine that EU is gonna use half 2008

not sure that your PC at half 2008 needs to be as good as this but something to consider at least.

System Requirements:
Minimum System Requirements
OS Windows XP or Windows Vista
Processor 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster (Vista)
Memory 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Video Card 256 MB
Hard Drive 12GB
Sound Card DirectX 9.0c compatible

Supported Processors:
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster
Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster
AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.

Supported Video Cards:
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements:
OS Windows XP / Vista
Processor Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory 2.0 GB RAM
GPU NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

i'm looking for a laptop that would be able to support the new cryengine :)

any sugestions that don't exceed 2500€?

for my desktop comp i'm all set ;)

with 8800GTS game is playable at normal settings...always more than 30fps...in spite of You have 8800 ULTRA...You still have average 17fps...@ Ultra settings...it sucks:mad:

A bit late perhaps as it's been posted already :p

But with an e6600 (core2duo), 2gig, 8800gts 640meg, vista u can run it at highest settings without any AA at 800x600 and get 35-40 fps :p

Ie u need godly comp to run it at highest settings in high resolution:p

How much would this game lag when new 3D engine is implented ?
i really hope alot more problem will raise :wtg:

How much would this game lag when new 3D engine is implented ?
i really hope alot more problem will raise :wtg:
Lag is problems with communication between server and client. The 3D engine is pure client side, and it requires a lot of power from your computer to render all that neat graphics. But it doesn't affect the amount of lag.

i'm looking for a laptop that would be able to support the new cryengine :)

any sugestions that don't exceed 2500€?

for my desktop comp i'm all set ;)

Have a look at the Alienware website.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Lag is problems with communication between server and client. The 3D engine is pure client side, and it requires a lot of power from your computer to render all that neat graphics. But it doesn't affect the amount of lag.

oh damn then it wouldn't be any problem bahhhhhhhhhh i want it to be problem. i hope it gone be some to.
But when will the lag be fixed i mean this has been a big issue for a long long time if there is alittle lag thats no problem but when it takes 4-5 minutes until you get loot it is pretty ******

Have a look at the Alienware website.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Get a quadcore, 4 gig ram, vista 64, 8800 ultra or better when they arrive in sli mode. then get a good new cooler for the cpu and overclock it and then get new fans for your case and your gfx cards and overclock those too :D

I'm all set for the CryEngine update. This is the system I'm about to purchase and build:

• Mobo: ASUS M2N32 WS PRO nForce 590SLI Socket AM2 SATA 8channel audio ATX
  • CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ Socket AM2 Black Edition 3.20GHz
  • GFX (2 of): BFG 8800GT OC 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E
  • RAM: 4GB Kit (2xGB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Vista Upgrade Edition Unbuffered CL5(5-6-6-18)
  • PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 600W PSU - SLI Ready ATX2.2 12cm LED Fan
:)

I'm all set for the CryEngine update. This is the system I'm about to purchase and build:

• RAM: 4GB Kit (2xGB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Vista Upgrade Edition Unbuffered CL5(5-6-6-18)

Hmm if my GF would buy such a PC I'd kick her outta the house and keep the PC :laugh:

Hmm if my GF would buy such a PC I'd kick her outta the house and keep the PC :laugh:

That PC is my relationship tbh. :cool:

Getting some nice cooling for it.. I here those cards run pretty hot :D

Some comments :D

Nforce590i is OLD and also do not get an amd cpu, get a newer or the one new nforce that is comming soon instead, also get an intel core2 duo atleast instead of the amd, the crysis engine is optimized for nvidia and intel, not amd and ati. Also do not get an overclocked 8800gt, they are all the same to 99% and you can easily just overclock urself :D

Minimum System Requirements
Processor 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster (Vista)

Hmm...this is odd...I am running a dualcore AMD Athlon 4800+ which is pretty new so is nice, and vista too, so it seems to be well within specs BUT-At the top it says 3.2GHz minimum? Apparently mine is only running at 2.5GHz but I know that it cant be...My six year old pc runs at 2.0 GHz :/ I know that there is a difference in measuring GHz for AMD and Intel but will my 4800+ dual core cut it? Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Frankenberry

Hmm...this is odd...I am running a dualcore AMD Athlon 4800+ which is pretty new so is nice, and vista too, so it seems to be well within specs BUT-At the top it says 3.2GHz minimum? Apparently mine is only running at 2.5GHz but I know that it cant be...My six year old pc runs at 2.0 GHz :/ I know that there is a difference in measuring GHz for AMD and Intel but will my 4800+ dual core cut it? Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Frankenberry

You should be OK. The 3.2Ghz is for non-core (P4) servers:

Supported Processors:
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster
Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster

Some comments :D

Nforce590i is OLD and also do not get an amd cpu, get a newer or the one new nforce that is comming soon instead, also get an intel core2 duo atleast instead of the amd, the crysis engine is optimized for nvidia and intel, not amd and ati. Also do not get an overclocked 8800gt, they are all the same to 99% and you can easily just overclock urself :D

I *am* on a budget m8. I'm also an nvidiot and an AMD fan so I'll never choose Intel heh.. will just always wait for AMD to release a better technology.

Some people may have unlimited funds to blow on a pc but I dont and the PC I chose meet my ideal system requirements, with my regular choice of manufacturers and my budget :)

very similar to my setup but I have 1 8800 GTX and desperalty trying to justify a second lol

now water cool it all and OC the CPU&GPUs :) you know you want too you can even add some pink girlie colour to the water ;)

now water cool it all and OC the CPU&GPUs :) you know you want too you can even add some pink girlie colour to the water ;)

What sort of chix0r would I be if I didn't? :tongue2:

I *am* on a budget m8. I'm also an nvidiot and an AMD fan so I'll never choose Intel heh.. will just always wait for AMD to release a better technology.

Some people may have unlimited funds to blow on a pc but I dont and the PC I chose meet my ideal system requirements, with my regular choice of manufacturers and my budget :)

hehe well mine didnt cost that much and it's a core2duo intel :p But for amd releasing a better product? lol it wont happen for some time :p amd is way behind on both gfx cards and cpu's at the moment :D

My sys:
Mobo: Asus P5N32-E Nvidia 680I SLI
Proc: Intel core 2 Quad 6600 2.4ghtz w/ 8mb of cash
Video: Nvidia 8600 w/ 512mb onboard ram(single card)
Ram:2gb run of the mill no-name chips running at 800mhtz
Nothing is overclocked.(at least by me)
I will be updating my PSU soon so I can add another video card. I ran the crysis demo just fine on normal settings. My computer didn't like it much though.

hehe well mine didnt cost that much and it's a core2duo intel :p But for amd releasing a better product? lol it wont happen for some time :p amd is way behind on both gfx cards and cpu's at the moment :D

AMD and Intel are vary close to speeds and graphics. While AMD's are faster for fewer procs, Intel is only .5gb slower with twice the cash. AMD is more unstable with heavy graphics than Intel is. Don't get me wrong its still close and AMD is getting better.

Their are both chip sets for AMD and Intel only its a little harder to find and will cost more. I only got an Intel because a quad core was actually cheaper than AMD for realitivly the same preformance. Its all about what your looking for. If you have a buget you will have to sacrifice something you want for a slightly lesser version. Don't get me started on the Nvidia 8800 series. You might as well get and 8600 for less than half the price and the same onboard ram.

Lag wouldn't be a problem now if people would just stop changing clothes :wtg:

Back