Curious about CND

Eluqqa

Guardian
Elukka Eluqqa Elkku
I've been thinking of going to CND with a friend, since we've never been there. But being the eternal nooby cheapskates we are, we've been wondering if it's worth it.

We mostly mine. Are there enough mining opportunities to keep us busy? For hunting, i only have an axe and a Marber Bravo for the tougher mobs.
So, would it be a good idea to go up there?

Yeah get yourselves there just for the experience! But if you are a cheapskate then you may end up dissapointed. Go up with a sum your prepared to lose and whatever you get then is a bonus! ;)

There is actually a mining event up there too you might want to look into entering 'Stake your claim'. All the best on your adventures in space.

Jamhot

If you never been there then mabey you should go. But seeing you pince pennys it will cost 50 ped round trip.
It is a very cool place to see, as far as mining vs hunting there is a debate goinig on right now about that.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/club-neverdie/95143-overcrowed-cnd-domes.html
Most people who go enjoy it alot, and i am sure someone there will be happy to show you around.
This is cnd forum may want to check it out as well before you go;

Realityport.com - Space Resort & Club NEVERDIE Forums

Queen....

cnd is the best place for mining....i have a hof of 4k ped..narc..some time ago..and i'm a noob...so..from my part...is the best place there

I love CND myself :)

My first trip to CND was an accident....,won it through the "Lost connection, do you want to try another server lottery" during a server shutdown @ VU time...lol So there I was, TT finder and 100 ped...ran a few domes, found over 100 ped Lyst in 15 minutes..,..caught a cheap flight for stranded noobs, and was pretty excited...lol

Decided to head back....with my TT finder and a few hundred ped....got clobbered in short order...lol...cleaned out....

I'd say it depends on your ped situation, and finder, skills etc....and if you are prepared to loose. See, CND can really really rock when the domes are hot, but can be very bad sometimes.....it's like the planet x 10 as far as mining goes....closest thing on the planet would be mining PVP4, except you don't get looted on CND.

Some say no less than 1000 ped....i've done CND on about 400-500....but it makes for a short trip, as selling through auction is not an option with the ridiculous "transport fees"....so you're only other option is sell to other players, or have enough ped to carry you until you are full...(No Storage either) then head back to planet...

As far as mobs...many of the domes can be pretty tough...I used to think it was impossible to mine there without uber armour and uber guns and skills....boy was I wrong :) Got 2 nice globals in the Dasp domes last night…even though they do me in 1 hit…lol Learning how to dodge those suckers makes you a wileier miner :)

I'd say go...just be prepared. I always am prepared for the possibility of loosing it all….that way I don't get so discouraged if you have a bad trip....and it makes it that much better if you hit something awesome there. :)

I’d say everyone should go at least once to check it out..,..it’s a totally different EU up there. Some love it, some don’t…..

GL!

There is actually a mining event up there too you might want to look into entering 'Stake your claim'. All the best on your adventures in space.

Jamhot

Lol
Its called defend your claim.
Its every thursday 21.00 MA time.

So yeah just pm me on the forum if ya need a flight.
My hanagr is at north space base and im more then happy to bring
you guys up.

Pink Pussycat Panther

haven't been to CND or CP for ages. now that i got Gremlin i should make the trip again.

depending on what you want, maybe it isn't worth it

it is interesting to have seen it if you haven't been there before and form your own opinion, but be prepared to lose big

as far i heard from miners i know, CND is even more a gamble in mining as the planet can be

chances for big finds, but also even higher losses, and a tax on it as well

-
sidenote, there is no storage at CND, and the auction there is more or less limited to the CND region itself
for anything from the planet you had to pay a transport tax

I don't really play EU anymore though this aspect of some new stuff coming to EU in the fall has really gotten me interested in the game again as I am an old time player.
I have to say though that EVERYONE should go to CND more than once because it truly is a unique experience and the events are always great.

On a side comment if there are any non-pilot line pilots who might be interested in helping me sponsor a couple flights to and from CND for some noobs who want to see space but don't have the money(not noobs who are going to just leave the game behind), perhaps due to only depositing a small amount to skill, I'd be willing to pay the pilot exact costs of decay and provide oil for the fuel. Don't know if anyone would be interested, but would be nice to make a few newcomers happy.

To the thread creator, if you find a non-line pilot that is flying cheap, it is not too unreasonable to be able to fly both up and down for 30-40 peds a person, mostly on the high side. :) PM me and I might be willing to cover a little bit of the cost for you if you find a good non-line pilot, that way you can see space a bit for yourself :-D

I've been thinking of going to CND with a friend, since we've never been there. But being the eternal nooby cheapskates we are, we've been wondering if it's worth it.
Of course its worth it, just for the atmosphere alone. Make sure you have the live stream on when pink does her radio show, or if you are there on the weekend join pink saturday after party for a :dance: and a :laugh:

We mostly mine. Are there enough mining opportunities to keep us busy? For hunting, i only have an axe and a Marber Bravo for the tougher mobs.
So, would it be a good idea to go up there?
The mining can be frightening for low budget players, and you need nerves of steel to keep going when your not hitting any claims, but when you do it will be a lot bigger than what you would normally get on the planet. There are plenty of people that will be negative about CND, those that are have only dipped their toes in the water and thought it too cold. Once you jump right in you find its not that bad after all. Like everything in life and virtual life you only learn from experience :)

I have to say though that EVERYONE should go to CND more than once because it truly is a unique experience and the events are always great.

I have to agree with that statement - go check it out - even if you don't strike it rich at least you have broadened your horizons.

My hunch is that CND will become the centre of the universe once space opens up - ND I'm sure will be trying to make it so. So worth getting up there to see what it is all about - plenty to see and do - make sure you explore the nightclub, go see "The Egg" in the bar and have a browse through the shops up there (shameless plug - shop 21 is mine).

We can all share our opinions on EF - but ultimately part of the fun of EU is simply to explore the world yourself.

I made a small overview ages ago, but maybe it helps u a bit.

Nirfu

Thanks for all the replies, guys.
Line pilots? Non-line pilots? Yeah, i'm totally confused now.

Back