Current ore prices?

DevAng said:
About that union , it's always a good idea for players to organize to help each other, although that "NO RESELLERS WHATSOEVER" attitude seams a bit drastic. After all , wouldn't you like resellers to sell at a price that the crafters find fair? Instead of fighting them , wouldn't it be better to agree prices with them too so that they wouldn't sell over a specefic price and you would still be able to sell stuff faster?

No resellers whatsoever is not drastic. The miners sell directly to the crafters. As for selling the stuff faster, the union will be a place to share information and in an easy way create communication between the buyer and seller. Miners tend to sell their ore to resellers to get payed fast, in the union you will be able to find crafters buying directly.

Why pay the middle man if he's expendable?

usual miner break even if he sell all his ore at 120%.
this mean most of time crafter are in hurry and buy ore enmatter material at stupid price.
resseller , miner .... to easy to say its the other fault.
if price is to hight dont buy , thats all.
and when stock increase price will going down alone.
what are going to do all miner and resseller if crafter dont buy ? they are not going to eat their stock.

most of hight ore price are total cheated .
i think 60 to 70% of marcket price is cheated.
som people control marcket and all sheep follow.

other problem , crafter are all time hurry , they whant all , and they whant it now.so they go at auction and take buyout at crazy price.
when your ore is buyout at 150% and marcket is 120% , the following is easy , you buy evrything under 130% and put it at 130% buyout 150%
and hehe crafter is ruined and resseller got lots money.

but who is in fault ...

Etopia said:
usual miner break even if he sell all his ore at 120%.
this mean most of time crafter are in hurry and buy ore enmatter material at stupid price.
resseller , miner .... to easy to say its the other fault.
if price is to hight dont buy , thats all.
and when stock increase price will going down alone.
what are going to do all miner and resseller if crafter dont buy ? they are not going to eat their stock.

most of hight ore price are total cheated .
i think 60 to 70% of marcket price is cheated.
som people control marcket and all sheep follow.

other problem , crafter are all time hurry , they whant all , and they whant it now.so they go at auction and take buyout at crazy price.
when your ore is buyout at 150% and marcket is 120% , the following is easy , you buy evrything under 130% and put it at 130% buyout 150%
and hehe crafter is ruined and resseller got lots money.

but who is in fault ...

I agree with you, the crafters are in a hurry, buying at stupid prices because they can't find a seller. Miners are lazy. Resellers are greedy.

I actually don't care who's fault it is though. I just want to create a place where the miner can sell the ore even though he's lazy. And crafters can find ore instantly more or less.

Mr Claude said:
IMO you shouldn't focus on the "break even" thing when you look at %, but at the posibility of LOSS and PROFIT that can be made out of mining and out of crating, which is quite diffrent Don't you think so ?
Ore return was a little worse a few months ago , right now it's all back to normal .
As for the whole union thing ,it won't work.Let's be honest here , if someone say they hate resellers cuz they saw the same guy sell their stuff 5 min later after they bought it from them for a higher % , it's just an angry feeling you get that you, somehow, lost peds BECAUSE you didn't bother to get informed of the market price , BECAUSE you were JUST TOO LAZY to bother to spend your time (or "waste" it) on such a thing as a sale of your goods .This atitude is total crap , but it won't chance .
You want to stop selling to a reseller ? Than get informed on market price ,especially on auction prices , put it for 5-10% less than the biggest and it will end up to a crafter. The closest % you ask for at market price , the bigger the chance a reseller won't buy it cuz it's not worth the trouble of such a low%

Naturally you focus on losing as little as possible. I don't get your point. If you don't think a union will work then be free not to participate. I appriciate everyone's opinon even though yours sound pretty narrow minded.

I don't care if there are resellers in the PE universe. I just want to give the people an option of buying and selling ore directly from miners to crafters. This will create a better economy for the union members. And I am sure, if crafters hear about the union they -will- join, and the more people join, the more efficient it will be.

union system work very well.
one was created 1 year ago called DSF.
proble is
1) someone need to do the job , and the job is very hard.
2) need som trustworthy people to help the oreccop CEO
3) need som people that trust orecoop CEO to invest som fund.

all is sit on trust , and human with trust that does not work , there is all time an greedy selfish that come put the mess.

Sarah said:
As for selling the stuff faster, the union will be a place to share information and in an easy way create communication between the buyer and seller. Miners tend to sell their ore to resellers to get payed fast, in the union you will be able to find crafters buying directly.

Crafters will buy if they dont have it in stock or if they don't have much. They wont buy anymore if they already have a storage full of that. I don't know for sure , but I think that miners mine faster and hunters hunt faster than crafters use the materials. Traders are very usefull in gathering that material when the market is flooded and nobody's buying it (so that miners/hunters dont have to tt it if they need money) and then having it for sale in huge amounts when somebody needs them.

Sarah said:
I agree with you, the crafters are in a hurry, buying at stupid prices because they can't find a seller. Miners are lazy. Resellers are greedy.

Resellers are not greedy. OK, some of them are, some of them are even very stupid and dishonest, but that's just like in any profession in PE or IRL for that matter , so dont generalize pls. What happends is that not everybody like you can (or is willing) to deposit large (or even small) amounts of money
into this game , so they need some way to make money. Let's face it, hunting or mining for a living in PE and having profit in it it's pretty hard for most ppl. So you have to remember it's a free game an ppl are not suposed to deposit , so it's only natural that each tries to find a way to make money in the game (expecting they don't do anything dishonest or cheat anybody).

Sarah said:
Why pay the middle man if he's expendable?

Maybe because the midldle man provides a usefull service for many ppl and that same service requires many hours of work and patience from him? Expendable...? Not so sure about that. That Union may work for a certaint limited group , but in the big picture I find it extremelly hard for PE to work without traders.

Sarah said:
I don't care if there are resellers in the PE universe. I just want to give the people an option of buying and selling ore directly from miners to crafters. This will create a better economy for the union members. And I am sure, if crafters hear about the union they -will- join, and the more people join, the more efficient it will be.

In some cases it sounds you want a bit more than that. Sounds like you really care about the resellers. You made it very clear that if it depended on you they would never make any deals (or money), that you find that unfair.

Even more, what you suggest involves great power and responsability. If things go as expected , that union would have tremendous power over the market flow and pricing. It would be a matter of time untill anybody from that union toke advantage of that power (ppl in general are greedy, not only resellers :p). Traders, miners, crafters and hunters (ALL of those , not just traders) are responsible for deciding what the market price for a certaint material is, everyody knows that. If a traders asks too much the miner/hunter doesn't sell, it's that simple. That part of the economy regulates itself. I don't know that much about economical principles and dont know if I'm making a huge mistake here, but Adam Smith "Invisible Hand" theory comes to mind ;)

The only diference is: right now it's miners, crafters, hunters and traders globally that decide what a material is worth, what you want is for a small union lead by a couple of ppl to decide that amoungst themselves and create your very own private market. That is dangerously close to be classified as the kind of market manipulation that you acuse traders of. Even worse considering that you plan the severely limit the entrance to that market and what kind of information and/or priveliges are available to all the non-union ppl.

So from were I see it (many ppl will disagree with me of course, and I still would like to hear their arguments :) ) what you are trying to do is exactly the bad things that you acuse the traders of doing: market manipulation and deciding prices, pushing them up or down at their will, and doing that in your own benefit. Even assuming that you wouldn't take a wrong advantage from your position, you would still be lowering the prices on materials preventing from miners to make more money from it (pls note that ALL miners/hunters can and should sell their materials at the same prices that traders do), but I guess that that would interest you since from what I know you would like to see those materials cheaper right? ;)

Sorry for the long post (I have a tendancy for that). Let the flaming begin :D :dance:

Back