Current Weapon Enhancer Use

kingjehu

Prowler
Society
Skillin Villans
Jehu Da King
All,

Searched through the forums and found mostly outdated info in regard to current theory on enhancer use. I have seen an few posts here and there which seem to indicate that for weapons using damage enhancers seems fairly common. That TT is returned in shrapnel makes them more viable... stuff like that. Not to mention the fact that having tiers on weapons seems to be highly desirable in the sales market.

I now own a t10 unlimited weapon (Ranked HK) and am looking for some feedback on using enhancers on it. The most likely type would be damage, but I am interested in other types too if someone has some insight. Generally, my impression is that if I loose the markup of ~300-400% every time an enhancer breaks then why would I choose to add them. On the flip side I have these 10 slots just calling out to me!

Let me know, Do you use weapon enhancers or not, which type, and why?

All,

Searched through the forums and found mostly outdated info in regard to current theory on enhancer use. I have seen an few posts here and there which seem to indicate that for weapons using damage enhancers seems fairly common. That TT is returned in shrapnel makes them more viable... stuff like that. Not to mention the fact that having tiers on weapons seems to be highly desirable in the sales market.

I now own a t10 unlimited weapon (Ranked HK) and am looking for some feedback on using enhancers on it. The most likely type would be damage, but I am interested in other types too if someone has some insight. Generally, my impression is that if I loose the markup of ~300-400% every time an enhancer breaks then why would I choose to add them. On the flip side I have these 10 slots just calling out to me!

First issue was buying a low dps tier 10 weapon thats loot 1.0

You dun goofed 3 times in a row.

You'll never extract enough mark up using damage enhancers on that weapon except MAYBE during twen/mayhem. Even then I think you'd be losing.

I would ONLY use enhancers for that weapon if I was killing a boss with others to have a better chance at an ESI or the item the boss drops, but I use high tir Daily token guns for that.

All,

go for a 1k ped tt hunt or so, track all enhancer breaks, calculate the lost MU from broken enhancers, see if you make enough MU hunting to cover the markup lost... :) if you lose more MU than you make, and it is causing you to lose peds then of course, do not use them.

According to my numbers with weapons I used, I break an enhancer for every 70 ped extra decay it provides. You can use this against your shot cost to get a break rate per shot and plug that into weapon compare on the wiki, then work out your average markup expenditure. Weapon compare doesn't factor in the TT return of shrapnel in its costs so take off 100% from the markup of the enhancer when using the tool.

Also my numbers might not be super accurate as there is high variability with break rates. but these numbers were tracked over multiple mayhems when I was using them fulltime. I don't use them much at the moment because PED go ouchie.

break rate seems to be tied to weapon damage now, so the higher the base damage of the gun the more likely an enhancer is to break during a shot. while kinetic 11 breaks enhancer like no tomorrow, imp2870 only sipped them

go for a 1k ped tt hunt or so, track all enhancer breaks, calculate the lost MU from broken enhancers, see if you make enough MU hunting to cover the markup lost... :) if you lose more MU than you make, and it is causing you to lose peds then of course, do not use them.

I guess the biggest question is if I can hunt that same mob without damage enhancers, then why waste the markup I do get covering enhancers at all?
If armor decay is returned in loot then there really isn't much advantage in killing something faster outside of an event.

Am I missing something? Maybe not...

I guess the biggest question is if I can hunt that same mob without damage enhancers, then why waste the markup I do get covering enhancers at all?
If armor decay is returned in loot then there really isn't much advantage in killing something faster outside of an event.

Am I missing something? Maybe not...
i think normally you find the reason why you use enhancers BEFORE getting a T10 UL weapon and not knowing what to do with it.

why get it if you dont have a purpose for it?

sell the thing, save your wallet

most high tier weapons are ped drains for the vast majority of players. hell you see almost every day a newbie tier his barbarella...and for what lol

to answer your question: i do not use enhancers ever as I cannot justify losing the insane markup every time they break...yet.

Use damage enhancer if it lets you kill a monster you otherwise wouldn't be able to and said monster has enough MU to cover the cost of enhancers. Use damage enhancers for events such as gold rush if you compete. Use it when MU is great, for example when TWEN tokens just started to drop and you literally couldn't lose because of token prices at 3 ped each. Then you want to kill as much as possible as fast as possible before token prices go down.

i think normally you find the reason why you use enhancers BEFORE getting a T10 UL weapon and not knowing what to do with it.

Well... that is fair. To be honest I did not get it because it was T10, I was happy with the price and the weapon aside from the tiers.
Sort of like buying a new car that comes with a tow package included... not why I bought it, but maybe someday I'll use it!

If you are trying to skill up faster, to get to your desired weapon, then load it up with enhancers. If you plan on using this gun for the next year++ I probably wouldn’t use enhancers over 225% mu.

So current prices with all events running I would steer clear of them.

Back