Cyrene is broken

Status

e-lite

Society
Magnum Opus
Xaero e-lite Cynque
I am not surprised that people horror going to other planets than Calypso. I just landed at Cyrene and this message keeps popping up every 30 seconds. Any suggestions?

cwXUrqh.png

I've had this before on ark, solution was to abandon the mission. That's fine if it's a little mission but if you're 8k into a 10k kills then send support and post on forum then get off the planet till it's fixed.

Had the same problem , it will go away if you abandon the mission

Or try delivering the mission instead of abandoning it. The mission giving you the error seems to be "mine up yellow crystals" and only gives the error if it is completed. Had the same issue in a vu with "mine up Zorn star ore"

Crone had this on Ark as well some time ago. You have missions that do not exist anymore. Just abandon them.

I do this mission every day without errors, but I usually have the crystals on me.

is this the first time you've landed on cyrene since the map change? it could have something to do with thaqt

As indicated by others above, this problem occurred after the VU that brought the map change. If it's the case you haven't been to Cyrene since then but had acquired some missions before, you're affected. There are several threads on Cyrene forum about it. What you need to know to fix it right now is probably this:

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/unexpected-error.6817/#post-21561

Good luck! Other planets aren't so bad. Sometimes somebody screws up. From my experience, whenever such a thing happens, almost all PP teams are better at communicating with the player base than the empire's headquarter.

I am not surprised that people horror going to other planets than Calypso. I just landed at Cyrene and this message keeps popping up every 30 seconds. Any suggestions?

cwXUrqh.png

Over-dramatic much?

No one is scared (that is the word you meant...not "horror") to go to other planets...just you, since you obviously can't handle doing a few minutes of research to figure out the problem...it's so much easier to scream "everything is broken except caly!"

Tell you what, next time...stay on Caly in your little bubble, bubble-boy. Since you can't handle the "horrors" out on other planets, and it's all "broken". :mad:

Over-dramatic much?

No one is scared (that is the word you meant...not "horror") to go to other planets...just you, since you obviously can't handle doing a few minutes of research to figure out the problem...it's so much easier to scream "everything is broken except caly!"

Tell you what, next time...stay on Caly in your little bubble, bubble-boy. Since you can't handle the "horrors" out on other planets, and it's all "broken". :mad:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sunsout Gunsout again.

But there are a lot of bugs on that planet ( which e-lite doesn't mention)
Like empty token vendors and empty badges vendors.
missing clothes, armor and vehicles in mission to find them.
textures ugly as hell
stuff floating in mid air like chairs and entire service stations.
We are working with Mindark to ... shitty excuses.

They do have this nice stolen imperium armor that I am wearing in my siggy.. oww they don't, they changed the badge reward halfway...
It SUCKS.

Just melt all the planets into calypso and make them continents. Hire all the teams and let them develop their continent on Calypso.

Cyrene is broken!!! They have not yet held their "TEN" event. How much time has passed by since Entropia has turned TEN? Armor sets have no chance to be completed because of this. I started collecting the Chronicle TEN Edition (F). I did this because each planet's TEN event was supposed to happen. That way it would be possible to complete a set. Now I feel like Planet Cyrene is holding these items hostage. How many more years must pass before this event takes place?

Last edited:
Over-dramatic much?

Come on Taco, you know you'd go postal if you had that msg come up every 30 seconds too. :tongue2:

Come on Taco, you know you'd go postal if you had that msg come up every 30 seconds too. :tongue2:

hehe yeah i did :)

but then i found a solution in like a minute and a half...but that WAS a crazy 90 seconds tho, i remember it well! I most likely raged, wrote support, flipped a table, chipped out, listed chips, solved problem, unlisted chips, chipped in, and told MA "sorry, but you don't have to fuck yourselves...my bad"

the vehicles in need of salvaging missions and special parts mission can all be completed now.

Over-dramatic much?

Maybe you should actually go there once to experience it yourself. Textures are flashing, sound is jerky, ground texture missing at some places, rubber-banding monsters, missions that is auto-aborted when you try to start them, televators that doesn't work... I don't know, to me this planet feels more Beta than it feels live. So sit your ass down in the boat and be still.

Maybe you should actually go there once to experience it yourself. Textures are flashing, sound is jerky, ground texture missing at some places, rubber-banding monsters, missions that is auto-aborted when you try to start them, televators that doesn't work... I don't know, to me this planet feels more Beta than it feels live. So sit your ass down in the boat and be still.

First off, Einstein, it still IS in beta. LULZ Second I spend plenty of time there and it works fine. No more problems than anywhere else...

First off, Einstein, it still IS in beta. LULZ Second I spend plenty of time there and it works fine. No more problems than anywhere else...

Slow down there, he is right. Cyrene as of this point is more in Alpha stage then anything. Since they downsized it to that one server most of everything there is really up in the air now. Sorry to say but I'm still thinking that it was a weekend rush job to downsize it. Before the downsize Cyrene was kind of still in beta up until they lost funding and every VU the planet just got buggier and buggier up until the very end as it now with that one small little hell hole of a server. Not sure how MA could/would allow it.

well Mister, Then let me enlighten you a bit. Cyrene was taken out of beta and launched LIVE the 5th of January 2012. And yes, it has massive amount of more technical problems than any other planet.

well, "lulz", Cyrene was taken out of beta and launched LIVE the 5th of January 2012. And yes, it has massive amount of more technical problems than any other planet.

No it didn't, that is when beta began. We are still currently playing the beta.

No it didn't, that is when beta began. We are still currently playing the beta.

Okay, if you say so. Well, the fact that it is still in beta after almost 4 years makes it even worse that things like this isn't fixed! :D

Last edited:
hehe yeah i did :)

but then i found a solution in like a minute and a half...

/mod note/
Yeah, but you pretty much live on the forum and it might well have been a current topic at the time with others experiencing the same thing.
On the other hand, e-lite has returned to the game after 2-3 years away, so stop giving him a hard time.

[Offtopic]
The word he was looking for might have been 'horrified' rather than 'scared'.
You'll notice from his profile that English is probably not his first language.
I tell you what - you and him create a private group. He can post in English and you post in Swedish.
No using Google or any other translation service.
The first person to make a spelling or grammatical error loses. :wise:

/mod note/
Yeah, but you pretty much live on the forum and it might well have been a current topic at the time with others experiencing the same thing.
On the other hand, e-lite has returned to the game after 2-3 years away, so stop giving him a hard time.

[Offtopic]
The word he was looking for might have been 'horrified' rather than 'scared'.
You'll notice from his profile that English is probably not his first language.
I tell you what - you and him create a private group. He can post in English and you post in Swedish.
No using Google or any other translation service.
The first person to make a spelling or grammatical error loses. :wise:

using Google for translation is way much "horrified" than bugs on Cyrene!
Don't try it :laugh:

a bit off topic but worth it

Serica- Are you saying Elite forgot how to use a search feature for information or implying that Taco is a forum junkie? Either way I don't see how you protecting/ bashing someone is a mod note.

Last edited:
My issue has been "solved" and this thread only seems to attract forum trolls, so I am closing it down. Nothing further is needed on this topic.

Status
Back