Damage split for mission mobs?

Shimmer

Dominant
Banned
I would really like it if Mission Kills could be split according to team rules. I really used to like team hunts, but when missions started I tend to hunt mission mobs. I count the value of a mission kill as part of the loot.

It's very hard sometimes to match up a hunting team so far as damage goes. Many times I will hunt with a higher damage partner knowing that my share of the loot will be smaller. However when it comes to mission mobs, i won't do that, I'd like to but I won't.

Is it possible to split the mission mob kills based on the team setting? In my case that would be damage share most of the time.

TiA

At a future date in time KIM wants to design a system for mission kills to count based on % of damage done. So if you did 40% dmg overall of mobs hp you would get a .4 of a point instead of nothing.

I agree, it should be possible to do Iron missions in team without having to carefully calculate your DPS and with all members getting some mission points per kill.

I have also been thinking about changing the way the Iron missions work so that different maturities give more points, making it possible to hunt bigger maturities if you want. An example could be Argonaut Young giving 1 point while a Raider give 2 points based on a point/hp ratio for the mob.

What are your thoughts on such a change?

At a future date in time KIM wants to design a system for mission kills to count based on % of damage done. So if you did 40% dmg overall of mobs hp you would get a .4 of a point instead of nothing.

I agree with M Rufen Power.
Charlie|Mindark all existing Iron/Bronze Mission should remain as they are or become, as Rufen said, to do not give a disantdage to all players that already did some missions... for new missions incoming on other mob I'd like to see kill points based on maturity of the creature killed

I have also been thinking about changing the way the Iron missions work so that different maturities give more points, making it possible to hunt bigger maturities if you want. An example could be Argonaut Young giving 1 point while a Raider give 2 points based on a point/hp ratio for the mob.

Don't change existing missions, this is an extremely bad idea. Also, if you change the format of missions, don't call these Iron missions - lots of people are disappointed they can't go up on FOMA and kill 100 Cornoanterion for a reward. Also, Shinkiba Stalker to Young hp ratio is 27, and really, killing 370 shinkiba stalkers might not be easy but its a totally different kind of mission if you can take such a shortcut instead of killing 10K of Shinkiba.

In general, new hunting missions that are hp/maturity scaled would not be a bad idea, but I think having a new in-game entity instead of CFA sponsor these and having a new naming convention would be the way to go. Another thing you should consider would be fixing the kill count but scaling the reward based on the total hp of the mobs killed.

Also, please fix the presently broken missions (like "Clear the Area", "Complete the Wave", etc) first.

I agree, it should be possible to do Iron missions in team without having to carefully calculate your DPS and with all members getting some mission points per kill.

Like said before, when you do 40% of dmg giving 0.4 mission point sounds like a good idea and is not unfair to people who already did the missions solo.

But although i like the idea of giving greater maturities more points i feel that it can't be changed for current missions because that seems unfair for the people who already finished that.

About the teamhunts, would be very nice to get parts of the kill counted to everyone in the team, depending how much DMG done on the mob.

The second part, nooooo.

You started to give some Bronze Missions, where it needs to kill higher maturity.

Personally I would prefer additional missions that needs to kill higher maturity, but not that insane amounts of 10k mobs.

You started with Bronze 10k Old or bigger.

How about some Silver - Provider+ but only 1-2k kills
After that Gold - Prowlers+Stalkers 1k kills

Just examples, could also be different setup, but it should be additional missions to force people hunt bigger maturity.

For those that refuse hunting small maturity, well killed a lot Argos (Hunter to Leader) for the normal Iron Mission and don´t bother getting only one point each kill.

A change now, as many already finished the 10k missions it would be unfair, to make it easyer for those that didn´t finish the mission, due to higher killcount for bigger maturity.

some + REP for hearing comunity thoughts :)

This is a STUPID idea Charlie, the whole point of Iron Missions is to do them SOLO and to gloat that you were able to kill xxxxx mobs by YOURSELF and not in some shitty team.

This is also another STUPID idea Charlie, the whole point of Iron missions was to kill an insanely large amount of mobs by yourself and when you finally complete it you feel a sense of joy and pride in that you did that shit all on your own. If you really wanted to implement this stupid team shit then make seperate Team Missions or something but don't jack up the missions that are already out there. I for one would stop grinding away mobs all together had it not been for Iron missions. So please do not change it.

If you can't hunt the mob then don't hunt them. Wait until you have the skills and THEN hunt the mob. There is some nice gear out there waiting to be used, but if the system is changed then more noob players would feel comfortable staying at their current levels and never want to achieve "uberness" and the "uber" items would be usless. You would see a large player base from the "ubers" withdraw in a heartbeat and leave this falling economy. :wise: There is just too much L shit out there for you to easily get up to a higher level. All of these complaint posts about not being able to kill something at same dps and to make it easier kind of makes me sick to my stomach.

Find someone with same dps as you to hunt with problem solved. MindArk doesnt need to fix something that isn't broke or they'll just break it some more! :mad:

~Danimal

This is a STUPID idea Charlie, the whole point of Iron Missions is to do them SOLO and to gloat that you were able to kill xxxxx mobs by YOURSELF and not in some shitty team.

~Danimal
Adding this isnt stupid, you still can gloat if you've done your dues solo & hunting in teams slowsdown the process but still allows for some gain. Its not fixing but dude I miss team hunting, but due to these headache missions I can't, I don't like the installing of the different maturities scores, unless its a new mission.

Last edited:
Adding this isnt stupid, you still can gloat if you've done your dues solo & hunting in teams slowsdown the process but still allows for some gain. Its not fixing but dude I miss team hunting, but due to these headache missions I can't, I don't like the installing of the different maturities scores, unless its a new mission.

Team hunting is still around last I checked :scratch2: ... or am I missing something here?

Plain and simple Iron Missions are for SOLO hunters and Teams are for those nubbies that still can't quit solo a Proteron so they must do it in a team. I don't have a problem with that, but when the Iron Missions is jacked with then that's when I draw the line and say enough is enough!

~Danimal

that would be good for iron missions, but bad for events like MM. have both options.

good idea, if you mean 1 kill in team equals 1 kill for every single member in the team, that would be great.

With maturities also, would be totally fair, otherwise there's no point for the quests other than chasing lower maturities.

Also, solving the bugs would be a better start that trying to change shit again and bring new bugs

Thank you for asking Charlie,

It's apparent to me that somethings just have to be tried in EU to see what happens. Then sometimes adjusted. For now I think the division of the Iron and Bronze missions works fine. I also feel that there should be an incentive to achieve a higher skill level to kill a bigger mob, hence a bigger reward.

So a system as you suggest seems ok to me.

My problem with the current system is that is puts me in a position where I love both activities, teaming and a higher percieved ROI by hunting mission mobs. But I'm not happy doing either activity because of a percieved loss doing only one.

:)

I replied without reading the subsequent posts. As a few people said and I agree with, an important point is that the current missions not change, as much as I would like them to. So perhaps future missions could have a different split ratio.

Last edited:
Team hunting is still around last I checked :scratch2: ... or am I missing something here?

Plain and simple Iron Missions are for SOLO hunters and Teams are for those nubbies that still can't quit solo a Proteron so they must do it in a team. I don't have a problem with that, but when the Iron Missions is jacked with then that's when I draw the line and say enough is enough!

~Danimal

as far as i'm concerned teams are fun and solo is boring after about 1amp

u can tell me 'well then go team' but people are more on their own with these iron missions so never really get teams like we used to, i would love to see the quest kill counter change so people on a iron mission can have me join them without having one on team hogging all kills in his log.

good idea, if you mean 1 kill in team equals 1 kill for every single member in the team, that would be great.

No way. If you kill 1/10th of a mob, you should not credit for a full kill, you should get credit for 1/10th of a kill. Even like that it makes missions easier because it's easier to hunt mobs in a team, especially mobs someone could not kill or kill efficiently solo.

And I'm not really in favor of this retrofitted on existing missions. That's not really fair to everyone that already did them.

I quite like the different amount of points for diffrent maturities. I see very little reason why it should be kept like it is now when the goal is only to kill "youngs" for mission avoiding higher maturities after all if its scaled on HP it will cost about the same regardless of maturity. Although time shooting will probably be much shorter if you got skills to kill high maturity of a mission mob then :).

Best regards,
Zweshi

I quite like the different amount of points for diffrent maturities. I see very little reason why it should be kept like it is now when the goal is only to kill "youngs" for mission avoiding higher maturities after all if its scaled on HP it will cost about the same regardless of maturity. Although time shooting will probably be much shorter if you got skills to kill high maturity of a mission mob then :).

Best regards,
Zweshi

Nobody ever said you had to do the Iron mission on "youngs" like you are suggesting, just that people do it that way because its "easier" for them to do so. I for one am NOT one that does that. I hunt the bigger maturities of that mob reguardless what the mission calls for. Because when it boils down to it... how the HELL do you even profit hunting atrox or argonaut youngs? :)

I still think the mission system should be left as is. People complain way too much about things and it is just fine the way it is. The complainers are usually people that are hunting WAY above their means or skill levels and that is why they need this "teamed mission" so they can further cheat MindArk out of more peds so in turn they make the game shittier. :twocents:

~Danimal

Nobody ever said you had to do the Iron mission on "youngs" like you are suggesting, just that people do it that way because its "easier" for them to do so. I for one am NOT one that does that. I hunt the bigger maturities of that mob reguardless what the mission calls for. Because when it boils down to it... how the HELL do you even profit hunting atrox or argonaut youngs? :)

I still think the mission system should be left as is. People complain way too much about things and it is just fine the way it is. The complainers are usually people that are hunting WAY above their means or skill levels and that is why they need this "teamed mission" so they can further cheat MindArk out of more peds so in turn they make the game shittier. :twocents:

~Danimal

I have to agree with you on the complaining side of things. This is certainly nit picking into a system that works very well as it is now :). I dont really like the idea of teams being able to do Iron missions though. To me Iron/Bronze missions is a endurance challenge that wouldn't mean very much unless it was done alone.

Best regards
Zweshi

Even though I play mostly solo, the idea of fractional points for kills in teams seems sensible to me. I also like the idea of more points for higher maturities. Guess I'm stupid ;)

Even though I play mostly solo, the idea of fractional points for kills in teams seems sensible to me. I also like the idea of more points for higher maturities. Guess I'm stupid ;)
Looking back this seems sensible indeed, if in teams they usually end up hunting big game, so killing something stalker = 10 points divided between 10 players & based on % of dmg inflicted is a very good idea imo.

I like the idea of getting points in team, and more points with higher maturities, BUT the iron missions should stay as they are.
Why not create some new missions with those new rules ? Call them marathon or whatever so everybody can do missions as they wish to.

~Danimal

the one complaining in this thread is you not others.
the mission wasnt left as is, it used to be the killshot making the count, after that was changed, teaming was kind of killed.
you could solo back then and/or team up. we had a choice.

this choice can be back with this type of counter.
i know by now u like to do everything on ur own but why do you want to take the team option away for others?
its not like u can get more points per mob by going in a team.

the one complaining in this thread is you not others.
the mission wasnt left as is, it used to be the killshot making the count, after that was changed, teaming was kind of killed.
you could solo back then and/or team up. we had a choice.

this choice can be back with this type of counter.
i know by now u like to do everything on ur own but why do you want to take the team option away for others?
its not like u can get more points per mob by going in a team.

Yup, change it, change is good.

Interesting proposal.

I like the missions as they are however would not be adverse to the above.

Reason: The missions being virtually a purely solo thing has stopped a lot of the social aspects of the game.

Part of the attraction of EU is the social team hunts etc.

I know you can do an organised team hunt with a predetermined person getting the kills. However something like this would make it just that much easier to just team up on the spur of the moment without worrying about DPS etc.

As for the extra point bring em on. I hunt the larger maturities purely for the more likely chance of a global. A little extra reward would be nice:yay:

Back