Help: Damage types and % of Rextelum

Kimmi

Slayer
Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
Hmmph, EU broke my PC :(

Well, seems like the power supply broke whilst I was trying to work out the Rex damage proportions anyway. Can't run EU on this machine, so I'll post what limited things I found. I'll continue when I get my PC back up and running.

All tests so far on Rextelum Weak:

(i) Took a 14.7 claw hit to unplated, unenhanced Polaris Helmet, which decayed 1.932 pec. This is equivalent to 29 damage absorbed. Polaris has 29.0 Cut protection and no Impact protection. So we know the Claw attack on a weak is at least 66% Cut.

Took another hit to Polaris, and one to Infiltrator that confirm this result but add no new information.

Since the Impact proportion is low, it'd be fairly easy to work out the exact ratios here, any standard Ghosty type armour will do the trick.

(ii) Took a 47.0 tail hit to unplated, unenhanced Polaris Arms, which decayed 1.770 pec. This is the minimum decay for Polaris, so all we know is that we absorbed less than 27.06 damage. Given that Polaris has 24 Stab and 52 Penetration it is very likely that we absorbed all the Stab and Penetration in the hit. Which would mean that Acid is at least 63% of the damage in the tail attack.

Again, it shouldn't be too hard to get the exact damages with further testing.

I did some damnage tests on Rextelum earlier this week – here are my results. Attack A is impact and cut, and Attack B is acid, penetration and stab.

All I can find is this information.
We know the damage types are correct, but can someone complete the % of damage in each hit.

I can not do this.

I plan to do this some time, although probably not before Mayhem which I guess is what you're after it for.

The claw attack (for Weak anyway) is at least 2/3 of the damage, and the Acid is likely at least 2/3 of the damage for the tail attack. So you want an armour with lots of Cut and Acid, and some Impact, Penetration and Stab.

Rutuba 5B and Mayhem 5B and perhaps Supremacy 2E are the only options really if you don't want any compromises.

The claw attack (for Weak anyway) is at least 2/3 of the damage, and the Acid is likely at least 2/3 of the damage for the tail attack. So you want an armour with lots of Cut and Acid, and some Impact, Penetration and Stab.

Rutuba 5B and Mayhem 5B and perhaps Supremacy 2E are the only options really if you don't want any compromises.

Has anyone done a field test with Rutuba or Mayhem and 5Bs on say a L41 or L47 Rextelum?

Has anyone done a field test with Rutuba or Mayhem and 5Bs on say a L41 or L47 Rextelum?

Not me. I hunted them a bit in part-Rutuba but I'm down to one nearly broken Rutuba piece now and not planning on paying the markup for a new set.

It doesn't strictly speaking need Rutuba to do the testing though, I expect I can do most of it with Polaris and other cheap stuff. Might give it a go once I'm back home for Xmas, if I can get EU running there...

Back