Info: damage when no mobs araound

StrYker123

Hatchling
was at Location 27581,57239,168 ,was stopped and was getting damage,no critters were around,went a little farther and then stopped again was still getting damage.

was at Location 27581,57239,168 ,was stopped and was getting damage,no critters were around,went a little farther and then stopped again was still getting damage.

Had that once too. I waited until the invisible attacker killed me to find out what it was with the "killed by" message but no such message appeared at all... :eek:
Support case send, no answer yet...

same thing here, taking damage while I was extracting a claim with no red dots close to me, and no message when I died. after I died I went back out to the claim and the mob had shown up ... invisible mob bug I guess =o\

Happened to me too with allophyls.

Plus today 2 itumatroxes damaged me after they died.

invisible mobs ? :scratch2:
idk anything about them... but I do know, that mobs I kill keep moving arround when I kill them ... + they can't be looted :laugh:

invisible mobs ? :scratch2:
idk anything about them... but I do know, that mobs I kill keep moving arround when I kill them ... + they can't be looted :laugh:

There´s a solution for the sliding mob bug and it has been posted several times on this forum. Drag the health bar from the sliding mob, go to the blue dot on the radar (where you killed the mob) and click on the health bar to loot the mob.

Ninjas.... you never seem them til your dead.

Relog helps :)

Once a guy came running to me with drone on him, asking whether i saw it :)

I killed it then

Relog helps :)

Once a guy came running to me with drone on him, asking whether i saw it :)

I killed it then

If this is true (and I don´t say it´s not) and it´s just an invisible mob why is there no proper kill message? :scratch2:

There's all sorts of lag draining our ped... unless you believe I killed a formicacida with a ur125(L) between heals. :rolleyes:

I suspect ghosts....... :rolleyes:

Irritating bug :mad:

Has happened to me at least three times, dont know what causes it tho:scratch2:

If this is true (and I don´t say it´s not) and it´s just an invisible mob why is there no proper kill message? :scratch2:

Perhaps its because the kill msg and seeing the mob is generated by client (you), and damage message and the existance of mobs are controlled by server (MA), and client fails, means the mob is there, mob makes dmg but client is unable to register the source.

Dunno lol. Sounded fancy. :laugh:

A support case I sent in recently:

2009-09-03 14:39 You wrote:

I was hunting in the area between Orthos and Jason, when I noticed that the troxes were damaging me MUCH more often than usual (like two hits for each hit i landed on them. and i was using a really fast wep!) After clearing all the animals in the surrounding area I realised that the damage was not coming fronm them at all, but from some invisible source which was not showing up on radar, and it continued relentlessly.

I decided the best thing I could do was remove my armour, as it was suffering badly from all these hits. The screenshot i will try to attach shows me dying inthe process of doing this. When i died, and revived at Billy's, the mysrterious damage stopped.

Time(from screenshot): 14:18
I didn't think , at the time, but there was no message to say what animal had killed me either.

Alcantes has directed me to this interesting thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/141550-new-mob-zegon.html

The current attacks by invisble mobs do seem to have am awful lot in common with Zegon attacks

bury the dead

I haven't had that exact thing happen. I feel like lag is causing issues.. i don't know what. Just now I killed a Molisk (not a simple task for me) and then it's body fell into the ground.... GONE i could see the blue dot on radar, but no body and nothing to click.. no loot option.. etc. So I killed something, used my ammo, decay my sword and vivo... didn't even get the joy of seeing "this creature has no loot"
BIG BS!!!

(submitting a case to MA)

Here's the screenie, btw

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The armour I was wearing was martial with 5b plates. Nearly all the hits were for 1 damage (after I killed the troxies. I was getting bigger hits from them), and the came at a rate of about 2 hits per sec. The hit for 25.5 happened after I'd already removed some of the armour

I haven't had that exact thing happen. I feel like lag is causing issues.. i don't know what. Just now I killed a Molisk (not a simple task for me) and then it's body fell into the ground.... GONE i could see the blue dot on radar, but no body and nothing to click.. no loot option.. etc. So I killed something, used my ammo, decay my sword and vivo... didn't even get the joy of seeing "this creature has no loot"
BIG BS!!!

(submitting a case to MA)

The issue with dead creatures vanishing into the ground been known for some considerable time. This sems to be a relatively new bug

yup

yea sorry if that was off topic. getting killed by nothing is a whole different story.
and it was during the daytime!!!:scared:

The current attacks by invisble mobs do seem to have am awful lot in common with Zegon attacks

LoL.

Awful lot in common, except the Zegon didnt come visible after relog!

PPL, if this happens to you, RELOG! And you will see there is a mob on you. Its simply invisible, not some new mob :rolleyes:

LoL.

Awful lot in common, except the Zegon didnt come visible after relog!

PPL, if this happens to you, RELOG! And you will see there is a mob on you. Its simply invisible, not some new mob :rolleyes:

So...why didn't the system name the mob that killed me? And why didn't I get any skill from being hit? And why was the damage done not in keeping with damage done by the mobs around me, at that time?I'm not saying it isn't a bug. Whatever it's meant to be , it's ovbviously bugged. But it's more than just invisible.

Perhaps its because the kill msg and seeing the mob is generated by client (you), and damage message and the existance of mobs are controlled by server (MA), and client fails, means the mob is there, mob makes dmg but client is unable to register the source.

So...why didn't the system name the mob that killed me? And why didn't I get any skill from being hit? And why was the damage done not in keeping with damage done by the mobs around me, at that time?I'm not saying it isn't a bug. Whatever it's meant to be , it's ovbviously bugged. But it's more than just invisible.

I do not know. But the simple fact is that there is a mob. Another proof:

I was hunting drones, when a guy comes running to me, he told he was taking hits, and asked if there was a mob on him. There was, drone 01, i killed it and he stopped taking damage.

What more proof you need?

I do not know. But the simple fact is that there is a mob. Another proof:

I was hunting drones, when a guy comes running to me, he told he was taking hits, and asked if there was a mob on him. There was, drone 01, i killed it and he stopped taking damage.

What more proof you need?

Just because one invisible mob turns out to be a drone that's perfectly visible to everybody else, and that would become visible on relog doesn't mean that they ALL are.

Either I had ten of those drones on me (to judge by hitrate ) AND they were also invisible to the system (which couldn't name them,nor award me any skill-ups ) OR this was something more exotic.

Why assume there's only one bug?

Makes sense.

It is amazing to think about how weird the bugs may be in this universe.
;)

It's one of the "Features" of this game that is coming back to us from time to time for as long as the game exists....

Back