David 'Deathifier' Storey to Speak at SXSW (PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance)

News Bot

Guardian
First Planet Company, developer and publisher of the largest real money Massively Multiplayer Online Game, announced today that David "Deathifier" Storey will be speaking at South By Southwest in Austin, Texas. Â

More...

News feed provided by Yahoo! News.

David Storey is best known as the man who recently bought Planet Calypso's legendary Virtual Egg for a stunning $69,696.00 USD. He is also the owner of "Treasure Island" in the game and has been featured in the Guinness Book of World Records for his astounding Virtual Transactions.

Not what I would say but... :laugh:

Not what I would say but... :laugh:

Well, what else would you advertise as the height of your (cough) EU achievements if it wasn't spending an atrocious amount of ped on something worthless? :)

Oh wait but it got into the Guinness Book of records so it was worth it.

Onya Dave (Deathifier) I'M sure you will give a balanced and great orotory of life in FPC/EU:)

stories like this are good for PR of the game ...

Uh Oh Lemmy too?

Poor Deathy will never be the same again :jawdrop:

He's gonna come back damaged :smoke::beerchug::kos::drink::eek:

Well, what else would you advertise as the height of your (cough) EU achievements if it wasn't spending an atrocious amount of ped on something worthless? :)

Oh wait but it got into the Guinness Book of records so it was worth it.

Don't worry it's only temporary until something else ridiculously expensive comes along :)

I don't think the egg made it into the world records though, that record should be held by Buzz right now.

Three days notice seems a little short.

We received a late invite and only recently had everything 100% confirmed, then it takes some time to get the PR out.

- Deathifier

Good luck with this Deathi, hope it goes well :)

Oh no: "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Can someone please give this moron bot a -rep from me!

Don't worry it's only temporary until something else ridiculously expensive comes along :)

I don't think the egg made it into the world records though, that record should be held by Buzz right now.
- Deathifier

Arent there two seperate Virtual records for sales ???

1. Items bought from Mindark/planet Companys, aka the sale of CP.

...and

2. Items trade records between players, aka Your egg purchase.

... am I totally wrong here... but arent those two seperate records in the book ?

Ah yes, reviewing the tabloids it was neverdie's own publication release incorrectly claiming a world record.

Oh no: "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Can someone please give this moron bot a -rep from me!

I already tried, but I have must spread some reputation around before giving it to moronbot

2. Items trade records between players, aka Your egg purchase.

I think NeverDie made some press release saying the egg was the "biggest profit on a virtual looted item"? :scratch2:

If you do meet Lemmy, could you drop in a mention of the fact that the organiser of the WoF is a huuuuuge fan who spent 5 nights in the Rainbow Bar&Grill trying to bump into him on holiday?;)

(turned out he didn't fancy a pint that week:()

Hurrikane

If you do meet Lemmy, could you drop in a mention of the fact that the organiser of the WoF is a huuuuuge fan who spent 5 nights in the Rainbow Bar&Grill trying to bump into him on holiday?;)

(turned out he didn't fancy a pint that week:()

Turns out I leave a few hours before the event he is at starts, so it's unlikely that I'll meet him.

If I do bump into him I'll let him know about his big WoF Fan :)

- Deathifier

Make sure you carry the Laptop m8, if it gets boring you can always log-in :laugh: And don't forget WoF while your head is up there in the clouds...if your flying out Sunday that is heh heh heh

Make sure you carry the Laptop m8, if it gets boring you can always log-in :laugh: And don't forget WoF while your head is up there in the clouds...if your flying out Sunday that is heh heh heh

Hardly ever a dull moment at SXSW mate :)

John and I have been ripping around handing out fliers to our panel and it looks like we'll have a nice crowd on the day!

John's been twittering random events as we encounter them and, as I havn't joined the twitternation yet he's the main source of up to date info on who we meet, see, and speak with.

You can follow him at:
http://twitter.com/#search?q=johnbates

Going pretty good so far and lots of fun as expected :)

- Deathifier

Back