Day/Night Cycles

S

Sam Panda

Has anyone timed the day and night cycles? Do they come at the same time each day? I'm just trying to plan my hunts :)

Has anyone timed the day and night cycles? Do they come at the same time each day? I'm just trying to plan my hunts :)

I think it was already mentioned that a day is 4 hours and a night is 1 hour.

4 hours day, 1 hour night

4 hours day, 1 hour night

Ive read that also..but actually, dusk and dawn makes it seem so much longer

(I wrote duck, would love to keep that typo there, but wont lol :laugh:)

Not that Im complaining, I think it rocks having night :wtg:

So with a 5 hour day/night cycle, this means that "Sunsets" and "sunrises" will occur at different times during each Earth day. We should be able to create a clock that will show these cycles relative to Entropia time and enable us to know whether it's day or night before we login.

MA didn't install lights in the service centers, or forgot to pay the bill. I'm going to carry a Nallo ceiling lamp so I can see what's going on in those dark corners.

I personally like the day/night cycles , but to make it more practical it would be nice if the cycles overlapped on Amethera and Eudoria , so it was always light enough to hunt on one or the other.

I am sure this would be beneficial to MA profits as well.

Bones

You can hunt at night. You can do anything at night you could do in the day. Sometimes the light is quite good at night.

You can hunt at night. You can do anything at night you could do in the day. Sometimes the light is quite good at night.

I have also hunted at night , but it would seem logical to have the cycles overlap on the different continents to give more options. As soon as the team hunting features come back it will be somewhat of a hinderance to team hunt at night and the option to do it in night or day would be a nice one.

Bones

I hunt at night all the time, and frankly, I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It can get quite dark, but it's only for a 15 minute stretch we're at the darkest point.

Marco posted that it is 4 hours day and 1 hour night.

So if you log in at the same time everyday and that happens to be at sunrise the first day then every sixth day you will get a sunrise. Example below.

Monday - sunrise
Tuesday - one hour before sunrise (or sunset)
Wednesday - two hours before sunrise
Thursday - three hours before sunrise (or about midday)
Friday - four hours before sunrise
Saturday - sunrise
Sunday - one hour before sunrise
etc....

I have been hunting during the nights, even the darkest parts, since the update. I have found that rifle scopes have some night vision capabilities, so even in pitch dark you can see through the scope, though it is still pretty dark. Also you can't see clearly over the entire range of the scope during the darkest part of the night, but more than far enough to hunt without agro issues.

just turn up the brightness if u cant see during noght :) it gets pretty dark..

Back