Society
The Prodigy
Sulje
463 days since Unreal Engine 5 upgrade announcement,
362 days since last devblog post,
94 days since last fake generated UE5 entropia images

Last edited:
There is no need for words

Mindark know's very well its playerbase.They know no one will ever quit this.
Everyone read news even tho they left the game 15 years ago.At first good news all return instantly.That being said I expect UE5 in 2028-2030 +

Mindark know's very well its playerbase.They know no one will ever quit this.
Everyone read news even tho they left the game 15 years ago.At first good news all return instantly.That being said I expect UE5 in 2028-2030 +
Will anyone quit because of this? probably not
Will anyone make fun of them because of the situation they created? a lot :D

Will anyone make fun of them because of the situation they created? a lot
I think they have immunity on this over 999999.We make fun they take our money.I think its a good trade at the end of the day for people in their HQ who read charts all day but don't work for a bit on the game :)

I think they have immunity on this over 999999.We make fun they take our money.I think its a good trade at the end of the day for people in their HQ who read charts all day but don't work for a bit on the game :)
You got that right, although I wouldn't say they don't work on the game. Of course they do but 1) we don't always agree on priorities and 2) it's not made transparent, and if it were nobody could work in peace on anything. Most people who come to the game as players don't have a clue how much work development really is. Unfortunately, this also extends to managers and CEOs who aren't developers themselves, and who keep making these enthusiastic announcements. Every software project begins with a million unknowns, that always clashes with those who are tasked with running the business. I don't take them seriously anymore until something is reported as done, at least to beta stage when the rest is bug fixing. But this doesn't exclude updating the public on progress made, this should be from the head of development and not of the management.

I reiterate my previous question about the progress of planet partners. The total silence on their part (probably imposed or at least some would be inclined to communicate) is rather worrying.

Probably because there has been no progression since the last post.

World talk about "green energy?" MA has a subsidiary in that field (this was made, it is productive)
World speak about UE5 .... ma announces "we are on it"
World hypes Crypto....we got a NFT b/S egg for some "lucky owners"
world speak about AI ? well let's layoff some non productive workforce and say "we move to AI".

do not confuse Marketing with action.
MA live 24/7 on an "election campaign" where most of the point is to buy votes

(BTW We (playerbase) dont need better graphics, we need to solve actual glitches, same loot engine with different visuals is no difference, at best we need 10x playerbase to fix oversupply

MA has no real competition in the sci-fi mmorpg rce arena. They are the only game in town and they know it. Not to say MA hasn't made efforts to improve various aspects of the game, but until a another viable sci-fi mmorpg rce contender comes on the scene you can expect things to continue as is.

If ever another sci-fi mmorpg rce did come along and was able to establish itself as a real contender to EU, you can sure as hell bet that things would change.

World talk about "green energy?" MA has a subsidiary in that field (this was made, it is productive)
World speak about UE5 .... ma announces "we are on it"
World hypes Crypto....we got a NFT b/S egg for some "lucky owners"
world speak about AI ? well let's layoff some non productive workforce and say "we move to AI".

do not confuse Marketing with action.
MA live 24/7 on an "election campaign" where most of the point is to buy votes

(BTW We (playerbase) dont need better graphics, we need to solve actual glitches, same loot engine with different visuals is no difference, at best we need 10x playerbase to fix oversupply
This is called clout chasing. It is a weak form of marketing. If it were the stronger version, SEO optimization, they would be producing more articles and content to capitalize - but they're not. They're not even present at the table.

Clout chasing also means they have nothing.

virtu verse is being developed not sure if it will be competitor also i thin star atlas a nft scifi rce was announced for epic games i think it will be coming out in stages so MA better get on top of their game

virtu verse is being developed not sure if it will be competitor also i thin star atlas a nft scifi rce was announced for epic games i think it will be coming out in stages so MA better get on top of their game
can't withdraw with vv and star atlas has been extremely questionable.

im not saying they are contenders now, but if they get their stuff together then it would be interesting to see how MA keeps up

im not saying they are contenders now, but if they get their stuff together then it would be interesting to see how MA keeps up
Hot opinion but - truth is - unless mindark fills that "metaverse-y play to work/earn/mercenary" vision that neverdie briefly touched on, but did fuck all with, that people can then take those funds and grow and expand on, you're not going to see mass adoption of such a platform.

Also won't see mass adoption if people are losing $300-500 a day for weeks on end either. :rolleyes:

MA has no real competition in the sci-fi mmorpg rce arena. They are the only game in town and they know it. Not to say MA hasn't made efforts to improve various aspects of the game, but until a another viable sci-fi mmorpg rce contender comes on the scene you can expect things to continue as is.

If ever another sci-fi mmorpg rce did come along and was able to establish itself as a real contender to EU, you can sure as hell bet that things would change.

Correct, MindArk has no 'direct' competition. The question is, why?

It's not about barriers to entry. The entire float valuation of MindArk is less than $12m, and lets face it - the mechanics aren't exactly revolutionary and the player base is small.

Why hasn't another company stepped in to the space?
Why hasn't a larger company bought MindArk?
Why have the Planet Partners largely disappeared or do minimal development?
Why have in-game land plots, banks, shops, apartments slowly become empty?
Why is MA constantly trying to sell bits of itself rather than deliver on its promises?

There is no direct competition, because there is no market. MindArk has it all, and it's tiny (and shrinking).

In my opinion, Entropia has degraded to the point where there really isn't much to do for the 'I have some money and I'm here to have some fun' player any more. Your options are to auto-click F sweat, or auto-click F gamble. That's it.

Now you look at MindArk's 'Indirect' competition. It's huge. Especially when you consider the amount of money involved at the top end.

You want to gamble (RCE)?
Sure, there are many places to do this in very fun ways.

You want to make money (RCE)?
Sure, start or invest in a 'real' business or asset.

You want a community and fun gaming experience?
Sure, there are thousands of better, cheaper and more immersive options out there.

I've been with Entropia since 2007, and I've very much enjoyed the experience (especially in the earlier days). However, time moves on and things change. Everyone has an opinion, and this is mine. MindArk is not invulnerable. It is a business like any other. Even if the die-hards stay to the very end, there may not be enough to keep the lights on for forever. However, if MindArk manage to extract large amounts of cash from the game beforehand through share sales (in-game and from the Spotlight exchange), will they really care?

Hot opinion but - truth is - unless mindark fills that "metaverse-y play to work/earn/mercenary" vision that neverdie briefly touched on, but did fuck all with, that people can then take those funds and grow and expand on, you're not going to see mass adoption of such a platform.

Also won't see mass adoption if people are losing $300-500 a day for weeks on end either. :rolleyes:
Yet.. we look at examples like Scopely who publish Star Trek Fleet Command and some sort of Marvel game (mobile) and they were just acquired for almost $5 billion USD with yearly revenue of at least $1.5 Billion dollars. You have whales in those games (any many others) who spend $10,000 a month and more, for NOTHING to keep. Any countless spenders under them. Star Trek Fleet Command has almost 100 servers running. Nothing that has any real world value like an RCE. For very boring games I might add. We're talking BILLIONS of dollars.

I have always thought that Mindark created this idea, way back when, and yeah... I think missed the boat in terms of marketing and execution. Money is out there and willing to be spent. The big press releases of what people spent on this game is spent on many games nowadays, for much less in return. At least in terms of tangible value.

What are the differences? Mobile platform being one I suppose. . but the large differences are communication, marketing and execution. Look at how some of those games are managed and the difference takes about 30 seconds to spot.

I mean, we're discussing this on a planet partner forum. Mindark can't even be bothered to create and run their own forum ffs.

Anyway, blah blah blah blah blah blah - it's all been said a million times. Personally, I think it would be a wonderful thing if Mindark was acquired.

Last edited:
Yet.. we look at examples like Scopely who publish Star Trek Fleet Command and some sort of Marvel game (mobile) and they were just acquired for almost $5 billion USD with yearly revenue of at least $1.5 Billion dollars. You have whales in those games (any many others) who spend $10,000 a month and more, for NOTHING to keep. Any countless spenders under them. Star Trek Fleet Command has almost 100 servers running. Nothing that has any real world value like an RCE. For very boring games I might add. We're talking BILLIONS of dollars.

I have always thought that Mindark created this idea, way back when, and yeah... I think missed the boat in terms of marketing and execution. Money is out there and willing to be spent. The big press releases of what people spent on this game is spent on many games nowadays, for much less in return. At least in terms of tangible value.

What are the differences? Mobile platform being one I suppose. . but the large differences are communication, marketing and execution. Look at how some of those games are managed and the difference takes about 30 seconds to spot.

I mean, we're discussing this on a planet partner forum. Mindark can't even be bothered to create and run their own forum ffs.

Anyway, blah blah blah blah blah blah - it's all been said a million times. Personally, I think it would be a wonderful thing if Mindark was acquired.
Never underestimate the financial power of weebs chasing anime waifus.

So... that's what mindark needs to do for money - go after genshin impact crowd. (kidding)

money? ;)

yeh there was one but it died... star something I think... forget now

oh yeh forgot about that one... but until it comes out of dev doesn't count... there's another one too where you can build stuff but I forgot the name

he wasn't goting to get anywhere with MA

"The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." - Bertrand Russell

464 days since Unreal Engine 5 upgrade announcement,
363 days since last devblog post,
95 days since last fake generated UE5 entropia images

blog
/blɒɡ/

noun
  1. a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.
verb
  1. add new material to or regularly update a blog.
    "it's about a week since I last blogged

469 days since Unreal Engine 5 upgrade announcement,
368 days since last devblog post,
100 days since last fake generated UE5 entropia images

regularly™ in MA's case ,-)

469 days since Unreal Engine 5 upgrade announcement,
368 days since last devblog post,
100 days since last fake generated UE5 entropia images
PS I don't think there is any reason to suspect the images were fake. Should probably be careful with such claims as it's against the EULA to make baseless accusation or start rumours IIRC. Unless you have evidence, you may want to drop that line.

TBH I can't really imagine why anyone would think they were fake. I mean... they were mainly all of the same area, I think there was a short video too (albeit not really demoing more than the images with a little movement). From what I've seen of UE5 I think it comes with (or there is a free download of) the matrix demo and some other demo featuring desert like landscape and canyons. This one I think maybe?

Regardless though, there are plenty of free or cheap downloads for UE5 so no reason to fake anything. Unless of course you are implying MA simply downloaded something and showed off some screen shots? Regardless, I still consider that to be evidence they are working on it (even if slight). They did say (IIRC) that they were in something of an explorative stage around about the time the pics were released. i.e. just sussing out what they had and the capabilities of the engine to try and determine a plan for a way forward. Or at least that was my interpretation of it. It made sense. For them, it's a brand new engine so it would be weird if they just ploughed in and started making stuff without doing a little skilling and testing out stuff first.

Well, that's just my view anyhow.

Wistrel

Back