Dear MA (MindArk)

Bones

Elite
In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next t
Society
Skillin Villains
Bare BareBones Bones
Dear MA (MindArk)

As a member of the sweater profession , I have often wondered when we may get an update to extend to the loyal sweaters of entropia.

I will offer 2 simple solutions , which would immediately integrate into the profession.

1. A pet that could offer a slow heal buff , which of course would be fed with nutrio and is often gathered by sweaters and also new players.
  2. A ring that offers buffs that are directly useful to sweaters , such as focus , healing , reload , evade.
  3. Bonus suggestion - offer a VSE Mk2 , for those that reach certain criteria such as level , which would not need any buffs , just bling and lots of it.
Of course I do not expect you to hire a new project manager to tackle this important update , when I have done most of the hard work already listed above.

As the great Mike Patey would say
Back to Work

Bones

You are basically just asking for a Sweating Ring with regeneration and perhaps a slight evade buff. Hmm most I can see happening is 5% regeneration and 5% evade on a Sweat Ring because anything above that is at least a 1k ring.

You are basically just asking for a Sweating Ring with regeneration and perhaps a slight evade buff. Hmm most I can see happening is 5% regeneration and 5% evade on a Sweat Ring because anything above that is at least a 1k ring.
Regen is ok too , and is offered on other rings , though I am not sure if there is any with a combination of evade and definitely none with focus. Yeah I could see 1k for one with focus , regen and evade are more common.

A ring that offers buffs that are directly useful to sweaters , such as focus , healing , reload , evade.

Athenic rings already exist, or am I missing something here?

Do not fear what you do not understand.

Another thread called for an end to P2P trade, this would solve everything if people had to sweat their own.

jk :)

Nice ideas. I'm sure investing resources into improving an aspect of the game that generates zero profit for them is right at the top of their todo list though. Lol

Firstly, stop parking your gigantic vehicle in the sweat circle lol
Secondly, for years we have asked for Sweat specific tools/items. If after 20+ years we don't have them I just don't know if we'll ever see anything remotely like it BUT who knows what UE5 brings, might be a total revamp to get more people interested. After all, we are nothing without the hard working sweat suckers, they are the backbone to so much!

JD

Nice ideas. I'm sure investing resources into improving an aspect of the game that generates zero profit for them is right at the top of their todo list though. Lol

Sweating is not a 0 gain for MA , or they would not keep it in the game , and all planets have integrated it into their plans.

I think that is fairly obvious.

Sweating is not a 0 gain for MA , or they would not keep it in the game , and all planets have integrated it into their plans.

I think that is fairly obvious.
The actual act of sweating is a loss for Mindark.

The fact other planets USE sweat doesn't mean anything cause they could use ANYTHING else for the same events/cost/etc.

The actual act of sweating is a loss for Mindark.

The fact other planets USE sweat doesn't mean anything cause they could use ANYTHING else for the same events/cost/etc.

Ok i will bite , are you contending the sweating profession does not add value to the game ?

My (personal) opinion is that sweatting is necesary but its also ment to be just an incipient phase intended to be a some point exceeded and move on :)
Gl with your request tou :)

Many items and upgrades, even powerful ones, could be given to sweaters without negatively affecting the overall game's balance, the problem is not there. The problem is that any improvement to sweating profession incentifies people to stay with it longer. MA needs this activity to exist so the game can *technically* be called free, but they don't want people to actually do it. Spending resources on it won't benefit them in any way, and I actually can imagine some backlash from the "paying" community for doing so.

Ok i will bite , are you contending the sweating profession does not add value to the game ?
No. I am saying the literal act of sweating loses Mindark money. Not what happens before or after or with the sweat. Just the specific act of sweating costs Mindark

MA needs this activity to exist so the game can *technically* be called free, but they don't want people to actually do it.
I think the truth is more complicated than this. You could also say about online training programs (affiliate marketing, cryptocurrency, real estate, etc.) that the instructors don't want people to consume only their free content, or that shareware software developers don't want people to use their free version, etc., but that's not really the framework they use.

Of course in an ex post sense a company would prefer to have had only the subset of its actual customers which would have resulted in the highest overall profit, but that isn't necessarily obtained by removing the individual non-paying customers (due to dependencies such as word-of-mouth effects that build their broader customer base), and they also don't know ahead of time which non-paying customers will remain non-paying forever. Each person on an email list or using free software, etc., is a potential future paying customer, much more likely to become a paying customer than a generic human picked at random. There's a myopic sense in which retail stores don't want to you return items, that is, if you pin down all other, indirect causal effects and consider only the direct effect of the transaction, the store might incur a cost, yet they tend to make returns quite easy, because the actual indirect effects of customers knowing a purchase is not a hard-commitment produce a greater sales volume in the long run.

The total profit MindArk enjoys is not an additive function of their profit from each individual game system taken in isolation. Entropia is an ecosystem with many dependencies, and indirect effects matter a lot.

Many items and upgrades, even powerful ones, could be given to sweaters without negatively affecting the overall game's balance, the problem is not there. The problem is that any improvement to sweating profession incentifies people to stay with it longer. MA needs this activity to exist so the game can *technically* be called free, but they don't want people to actually do it. Spending resources on it won't benefit them in any way, and I actually can imagine some backlash from the "paying" community for doing so.

Would be so kind as to drop a link , where MindArk states they need sweating to exist , so the game could be called "free".
Or , where they state "they don't want people to actually do it.

As far as backlash , from the "paying" community , does that extend to those that pay for the game , but also sweat ?

I would like to think you have first hand knowledge of this information , as you have in your other posts , which have helped define many aspects of how people interact with their gameplay.

I personally enjoy the sweating profession and interact with the community of sweating people quite often myself.

There is no argument on my part that sweating can morph into a dependency, to some that might not even play if not available.
But we are here , and it is profession that MindArk has not only allowed , but given the green light to expand.

Which is why I have offered a suggestion to add something useful , as I see it of course.

I would consider this statement to be uninformed.

Sweating for mindark exists solely for the aspect that many will get sick of it as its a waste of time and finaly do their first deposit, if not they quit. Its like a free tester for those on the fence to tease them in.

Anyways, back on topic.
I like your suggestions. I think it would be great as there is clearly a big sweat/social/f2p community and there is nothing wrong with that.

Sure would love to see one of those "lover of new ideas" bumps , that go to MA dev desk.

I can say only one thing: stop sweating and start shooting, it takes years to skill anyway and sweating is not what it was 10 years ago so really no use in sweating anymore, in worst case scenario tree cutting is....decent.

1. A pet that could offer a slow heal buff , which of course would be fed with nutrio and is often gathered by sweaters and also new players.
  2. A ring that offers buffs that are directly useful to sweaters , such as focus , healing , reload , evade.
A pet would be nice to have. And has been stated in the thread there are some rings out there that help with sweating already. But nice ideas.

Bonus suggestion - offer a VSE Mk2 , for those that reach certain criteria such as level , which would not need any buffs , just bling and lots of it.
Sweating is still listed with the mind force professions, which made sense years ago before we had a sweat tool. But I agree they should come up with a crafted higher-level tool; since they decided we need a tool to sweat instead of just using our minds. I would even be okay with it being (L) and decaying.
Crafting VSE Mk2 should use a small amount of a common but under-used ore/enmatter and a small amount of some common but under-used hunting loot, along with lots of sweat. What I would like to see for the VSE Mk2 (or higher) is a longer range (but that is just me).

And for all those who say I should quit sweating, I both sweat and depo (pretty sure that means MA is making something off me).

I can say only one thing: stop sweating and start shooting, it takes years to skill anyway and sweating is not what it was 10 years ago so really no use in sweating anymore, in worst case scenario tree cutting is....decent.

Is the "one" thing in the highlighted section ?

Back