Dear MA...this game has finally become unplayable for me.

C

yeah its only on Calypso guess it's the many players that are causing the Dc's

comment is bull, i bin on clay all weekend saturday 13 houre session time, yesterday had 3 d/c in a other full day playing in caly.
My soc m8 was at ark and he got a d/c every houre. In his opinion ark gave him more d/c
So whatever happening it can not be connected to one specific planet.

I would like to know how you came to youre conclusion , what information you have available where you findings are based on.

comment is bull, i bin on clay all weekend saturday 13 houre session time, yesterday had 3 d/c in a other full day playing in caly.
My soc m8 was at ark and he got a d/c every houre. In his opinion ark gave him more d/c
So whatever happening it can not be connected to one specific planet.

I would like to know how you came to youre conclusion , what information you have available where you findings are based on.

I have to agree here. I crash on all planets equally. :smoke:

"Dear MA...."

The "official" Mindark account here did not log in a week, the Calypso one did, maybe he read the OP maybe not (one of the posters is on his FL so maybe he read only that comment)

We did not had an official take on the issues (exploits, lag, disconnects) for over a month now. Me thinks we are all here in a padded room, talking with ourselves.

On a particular issue (auction lag) I'm wondering if the AH is not blasted by bots (refreshing app, in order to catch those last 100% listings). Hundreds of refreshes would put a dent in responsiveness.

The 2nd part (player becoming unreachable or mobs stops attacking), I'm not sure I'm too fond of. The problem is it'd be abused, and I actually don't think it's fair that the mobs can't hit you, if you 'unplug' your wire.
Maybe MA could do it for a shorter period, or find some other countermeasures. Maybe it could work in some form. Not sure.

Thanks for your comments. I agree completely that there is a potential for exploitation with that, but I still think it would be a better tradeoff than the current status quo. Nevertheless, it would be good to discuss the ways it could be exploited and how best to avoid that, while still preventing the very annoying 20-armor-decay-and-death scenarios that most of us are familiar with on a lag spike.

MA should concentrate on fixing the game starting next year.. no events.. no new shit.. just fix the freaking game.. i wouldnt mind... i wouldnt even mind if it was same as it was 2006... if it just worked better

Simple tho so TRUE

This never ending adding of new 'things' for want of a better word has got out of control with MA and its developers.

New is better, is stuck in their minds when such a large percentage of the forum say the opposite.

Long time player here and while it is a very large and pretty EU now, there is very little that attracted 'addicted' me to this game many years ago.

Slowly I play less. Slowly I deposit less. Slowly I am losing the will to log on and this is sad as EU has been a major part of my life and enjoyment over many years.

I have met a lot of wonderful and interesting people both in game and rl. As my interest wanes so will the interaction with fellow players.

A majority of the new players I come into contact with are here today and gone tomorrow. Once they have experienced the freebies they soon lose interest. No input of funds here.

I would be very interested to see a graph on say deposits over the last 12 to 18 months.

As the quote states above if MA don’t stop this continuous unnecessary expansion of eye candy to the game and start concentrating on improving what they have this pyramid type expansion of trying to raise revenue will eventually run its course and then the situation will really start to deteriorate.

Sad but a fact

I am so frustrated right now, that I want to rant in my usual tone, and rage quit, and tell MA where they can shove thier bugs...but I won't because I know it won't get me anywhere.

So I am going to say a few things as nicely as I can.

Today, all day long, and for months actually, I watched as half my friend list was booted from game every few hours. I got booted from game every few hours, too. Today was the straw that broke the camels back. It was horrible today. Even when I survived the lag for 30 seconds (and most of my FL didn't, so I know it was MA's end, and not my end) after the lag stops, I was hit 12 times and often killed. This has happened so many times, I just can't take it anymore.

How can you not fix this??? How can you not fix the hit-box bug???

Frankly, I know you just don't want to. If you did want to, it would be fixed.

You are getting a large amount of decay from these lag spikes, and even MORE from the hit-box bug, and from crashing people out of instances All over the universe it is still occurring. I select my mob, and even on perfectly flat ground, when I auto-fire, the gun just stops as its searching and trying to walk forward...even when the mob is right next to me, I am not able to shoot half the time, and the mob still hits me the whole time.

This simply just isn't fair. It isn't fair that after I am 1k ped through a hunt with no global, and all of a sudden I am missing non-stop, and getting 4 nova's in a row on 2k hp mobs, and getting excited because I know the global is coming soon, than all of a sudden I CTD and when I relog, the hunt is forgotten and I have to burn another 1k ammo to get to the next global. It is the equivalent of the pit-boss trying to change dice on you halfway through your turn at he craps table.

It happens when crafting too...after a long run has been at 2% success for an hour, I know that it will balance out before the end of the run...but now, it DOESN'T because I CTD'ed before the global or hof, and when I re-log and continue clicking, its back to standard 4-5% success for hours with no global. Trust me, anyone who hunts or crafts enough knows exactly what I am talking about here in terms of knowing when something is coming. And when you force CTD on us during long crafting or hunting runs, you are hurting us.

When I log in and my avatar has a little luck, I CTD with-in 20 minutes, and after relog, loot sucks. When I log in and start losing, I won't CTD for 5 hours...Why is that???

You had time to fix it, you could have simply rolled it back prior to you messing it all up, but you refused, and I want to know why. It is NOT because of some lame excuse you made about different hit-boxes on different parts of the mob. First of all that is unbelievable that you would alter existing logic anytime before implementation. So I feel that that story you fed us is an outright lie, and you want us to have to jump around to shoot half the mobs, and when we finally are able to hit it, it runs the whole way to me before I can get off another shot. Then when it's right next to me, I still can't shoot it half the time. The only possible explanation is that you want this to be occurring.

I am so sad that this is how you are treating us. I just can't play like this anymore. What used to be a great time for me is now just an endless loop of frustration, and others feel the same way. With the auction lag, the hit-boxes, the endless 30 second lag spikes, the CTD's, it is just too much for me anymore, and I regret that you haven't cared enough to fix these things. Your failure to do so has honestly just left me with a sick and disgusted feeling in my stomach over what is going on here. Today, I have lost all desire to play this game. It is simply just too broken, and you refuse to do the right things.

Haven't hunted for a while, few lag issues with mining but nothing major, if it really is as bad as u stated maybe the best thing would be to take a break.

i have had quite a lot of crashes recently at events or in instances, i think it was worst since they "upgraded" their hardware. it is extremely frustrating, i sent a support case and MA suggested 2 things, along with their usual bla bla about how they are aware of the issue, the first i laughed off and told them what i thought of them, which was to turn off sound. the second was to set my connection speed in the clientloader to 56K, i laughed at that too, and told them what i thought of that, but when i tried it this did seem to drastically reduce my crashing, i still lag a lot at times but i dont crash as much.
to me it seems MA/support is saying there are 2 mayor bugs that are causing crashing, one sound related and one connection related, it would make sense if the sound related one is causing more crashes on caly where there are more people that can, potentially, trigger that crash.

Strip away the conspiracy theory and rage quit threats and I agree, the lag and rolling DCs are a problem for some users. However I do agree with Kitten that the lag is worse on Caly than other planets, including auction lag. I, too, wonder if it's caused by auction zombie bots.

Hunting, I'm not seeing any problems with lag. Even on the weekend when things get more laggy, I hunted for a few hours on saturday and an hour or so yesterday (on ark) and had no lag at all the entire time. Regarding hitboxes, if you find bugs, then talk to Kim and bug him until he gets together with MA (they're in the same building after all) to fix the mobs that still have maladjusted hitboxes. It's a fact that with the new hit boxes, auto-targeting doesn't work as well as it used to when we had giant hit boxes (but there will always be some mobs for which auto-targeting doesn't work very well). The hitboxes can be adjusted as needed but they need to know which ones need fixing.

If hunting becomes unmanageable for you, submit a support case then find another mob to hunt or another activity to do while MA fixes the issue. If turning sound off/restarting your modem/turning off 3rd party programs etc doesn't work, you should also check your OS... a lot of these problems are caused by people playing on outdated OS like windows XP.

So keep in mind that just because you and some others are crashing every few minutes or getting extreme lag doesn't mean everyone else is. Some of the problems may be fixable on your end. MA has asked for people having these issues to send support cases.

Last edited:
Slowly I play less. Slowly I deposit less. Slowly I am losing the will to log on and this is sad as EU has been a major part of my life and enjoyment over many years.

I have met a lot of wonderful and interesting people both in game and rl. As my interest wanes so will the interaction with fellow players.

A majority of the new players I come into contact with are here today and gone tomorrow. Once they have experienced the freebies they soon lose interest. No input of funds here.

Sad but a fact

I second that!

I've seen it time and again, where people will throw a temper tantrum on the forum about issues X, Y, and Z, yet they continue playing and depositing. This is known as: "saber-rattling", and it certainly isn't the most efficient method to achieve the desired outcome. Yes, in a game where essentially real money is at stake, you're going to have a lot more of the "troll-type" people whining and crying and bitching and moaning about how difficult their virtual life is. Can you imagine how upside down their real one may be? The best way to get MA's attention is to vote with your wallet, and stop putting money into the game until what you wanted fixed or changed was performed. Writing a post that's well thought out from a technical point of view, where someone took time to think about what they were going to write is one thing; a post where someone's having an emotional melt down isn't something which is productive for anyone else -- it's just a waste of other people's time.

The best way to get MA's attention is to vote with your wallet, and stop putting money into the game until what you wanted fixed or changed was performed.

Actually I think that is the worst, least effective way to get the issues fixed. Not only does it decrease MA's income and make it harder for them to hire the staff they need to focus on the issues... I highly doubt they sort through players' deposit history trying to divine why a particular player did or didn't deposit at any particular time and use that as their method of prioritizing bug fixes :p

The only ways to bring attention to the issues that bother you are to talk to your PP and send in helpful, clear support cases to MA, as well as constructively and politely discuss the issues on the forum since they do occasionally read threads and if I were MA, I would avoid reading the numerous "rage quit" and other flame/drama threads.

But really since you can't talk to MA directly, talking to the PP is the only way to get your issues prioritized. If your PP doesn't listen or make it a priority to fix bugs, then that's another issue I guess.

if mindark sold used cars they wouldn't last very long :D

If my quality of work was this poor, my boss would soon be asking questions of me, and I don't think I would have a job for very long. Maybe in Sweden they have a culture of giving out shit quality service to there customers.

Actually I think that is the worst, least effective way to get the issues fixed. Not only does it decrease MA's income and make it harder for them to hire the staff they need to focus on the issues... I highly doubt they sort through players' deposit history trying to divine why a particular player did or didn't deposit at any particular time and use that as their method of prioritizing bug fixes :p

The only ways to bring attention to the issues that bother you are to talk to your PP and send in helpful, clear support cases to MA, as well as constructively and politely discuss the issues on the forum since they do occasionally read threads and if I were MA, I would avoid reading the numerous "rage quit" and other flame/drama threads.

But really since you can't talk to MA directly, talking to the PP is the only way to get your issues prioritized. If your PP doesn't listen or make it a priority to fix bugs, then that's another issue I guess.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/blog_callback.php?b=2829
Shameless plug for my blog. I stated I have submitted clear support cases. This blog is an attempt to show that I want to play, but "can't." Just like in RL - money has the power and usually the only way to get people's attention is what you do with your money. Also, I know it is an auto-email, but I did get one of those e-mails from MA saying "hey we noticed you haven't logged in for awhile, you are missing out bla bla bla." So I'm sure they notice you stop playing dramatically and you stop spending.

Guys, just fill support cases, then again, and again....if MA/PC is copypasting answer, just do same. Then ask your ingame friends to fill suport case. Eventualy at some point right person at MA will be aware of problem.

Posting here is futile, MA/PC stuff log in only to throw bone for fanboys and gamblers, eventualy some disrespect post for more concerned long term-depositor.

Good idea is also post problem on their FaceBook page. AT least PR manager will act quickly and forward that.

I think your view is really naive. In the world of capitalism, if you don't like a product or service, or how that product or service functions, you vote it out of the market by not paying for it. If the company gets the message, and is receptive to even receiving it, they will subsequently either modify or fix it, or won't. If they don't, then another company will pick up the slack. That's called competition. MA doesn't need to sort through one specific players' deposit history. They look at the numbers as a daily/weekly/monthly average. Haven't you ever read a semi-annual report? If you did, then you would've noticed that 2014 may be the first year in years that MA may possibly turn a profit. They certainly do respond to deposit decreases as a result of player gripes, through changes and fixes to the game.

Yes, Neil, you're right...that is the only way. :hammer:

if mindark sold used cars they wouldn't last very long :D

They have a niche product at this point in time. Will it always be that way? No.

I find it curious so many are having CTD issues and I am not (knocks on wood)... I have an old laptop, it doesn't even shut down anymore(I have to pull the battery out).... perhaps you folks have too fancy gear for MA's software...

I disagree with u 100%.

Its exactly what they need. 1 Year of no new shit, just a year of number crunching and going over the bugs and ironing them out. No new planets, no new continents, moons, features. just fix what we have, get the game stability where it should be, balance out the loot pool, distributions, and all the other thousands of things the players have complained about..

Not what MA things the players want changed.

We don't need new textures on mobs.
We don't need new mobs
we don't need new areas
we don't need areas redone
we don't need new guns/items
we don't need new whatever else

what we do need is
bugs fixed.
Loot system actually balanced (fix this wave looting of items crap)
Remove exploits from the game or officially accept them as strategy. (A comprehensive list needs to be published and maintained by MA officials)
Get taming online ffs
Get the Melee amps in place
Get the content out that PPs submitted the last 2 or 3 years that has never surfaced.
Fix the bugs that the bug fixes and above caused.

Fix text and missions.

Get support supporting and not copy pasting.

Then those of us who were very avid depositors MIGHT start to deposit or reinvest again.

I say all of the above because its what I believe is needed, you can agree or disagree but In my 3yr of damn near 12-18hr a day this is what I think.

LB

Fully agree.... Why the fuck add new planets, moons, mobs, textures etc when the old things they implemented in the VU before still is broken?

They attempt to build a mount-bugerest? =D

and as you say about support.... wow indeed, cut the fucking copy paste answers... Be a bit more personal, and I am sure people would stop complaining about the up-tight-fucking-joke support we got now...

"Oh, you lost a few peds because of our server instability/bugs? Fuck you."

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but, I liked the game just as much (not more or less) when it was back in 2004-2005 and it was just Calypso. All these new planets and new mobs have not improved my gaming experience whatsoever. In fact all this extra space just makes the universe feel more empty. When it was just Eudoria (no Amethera even) the EU community felt like one BIG family.

Anyway my point is... fix old bugs > new content, I doubt we'll find one single player who disagrees... So why are the cries not being heard?

I can see where you come from.

I crash every time I am shooting and someone is close with a vehicle.
Now I am hunting as much as possible in desolate area's where hardly any one comes.

I made a support case and I got the default stupid answer try changing your connection speed.

I find it curious so many are having CTD issues and I am not (knocks on wood)... I have an old laptop, it doesn't even shut down anymore(I have to pull the battery out).... perhaps you folks have too fancy gear for MA's software...

That might be true actually. I have great gear and my connection speed is in the top .01% of the world. Shared loot events I can run on high settings and be fine, for years...but for some reason, lately lag just keeps getting worse and worse after each vu, and if having to have an old lap-top is the solution, then this game just killed itself. :)

I can see where you come from.

I crash every time I am shooting and someone is close with a vehicle.
Now I am hunting as much as possible in desolate area's where hardly any one comes.

I made a support case and I got the default stupid answer try changing your connection speed.

Yep, one of the biggest problems is texture related.

EX: I will be hunting fine with no lag on Cy for example...later when my healer logs in, he jumps to my waypoint in his stupid jumpsuit from ark, as soon as he lands I get massive lag and CTD. When I yell at him to take of all the stupid clothes from other plants, and he does, then it goes back to perfectly normal with no lag.

What this means is that nothing is universally compatible. Someone who know way more than me could probably explain why this happens, but dropping tons of new textures and vehicles universe wide without understanding how different environments react to those textures was a major mistake.

Fully agree.... Why the fuck add new planets, moons, mobs, textures etc when the old things they implemented in the VU before still is broken?

Quite simply, because they can. It's their code, and they can do with it what they choose. I agree with you, but MA has always been a really obstinate and quiet company where customer service is not a strong point. They really aren't a company that founded an online game because one or more people who had a strong passion for gaming and coding developed a Sci-Fi MMO for gamers. Their original plan of having a 3D internet failed, and this is what we're left with today. The fact that MA will probably turn a profit in 2014 is big news, and shows that MA has made some positive steps. If MA had stayed ahead of the game from day one, they could have turned a profit every single year, and today, there would be way more active players involved in the game. If another game with similar gameplay, graphics, and functionality to EU came around, and it was better and cheaper, and was published by a company that directly responded to the playerbase, I think EU would die off. But, it's no secret that MA knows they're the only show in town, and that they can throw their weight around more than other companies that are in completely different industries with tons of competition. At this rate, I think it's quite obvious that MA is never going to fix bugs at the rate at which you and I think is necessary. Jan Welter Timkrans released a hogwash PR statement a while back about how MA was going to focus on bug fixes, and obviously that was more hot air coming out of MA's derriere. Like I said earlier, MA isn't really a true gaming company. They just don't get it, and they never will. Just look at MA's history, with high-ups being ousted, planet partners failing, PR people coming and going by the month, in-game systems still not online, and more. The game may need to be sold to a planet partner or a gaming company for it to actually achieve full potential. Right now, it's the same old story: hunting, crafting, and mining. Oh yeah, there's sweating too. Woo hoo! C'mon MA, the gaming systems need immediate and extreme expansion. No wonder why people get bored of the game.

and as you say about support.... wow indeed, cut the fucking copy paste answers... Be a bit more personal, and I am sure people would stop complaining about the up-tight-fucking-joke support we got now...

MA has their planet partners and contracted support to be their frontmen, isolating them from the players. It's exactly what they wanted and has been working, but I've always thought that it's going to backfire on them at some point. We'll have to wait and see.

All these new planets and new mobs have not improved my gaming experience whatsoever. In fact all this extra space just makes the universe feel more empty.

Player fragmentation is a big problem in EU, and the size of the universe has a huge economic downside when looking at the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Quite simply, because they can. It's their code, and they can do with it what they choose. I agree with you, but MA has always been a really obstinate and quiet company where customer service is not a strong point. They really aren't a company that founded an online game because one or more people who had a strong passion for gaming and coding developed a Sci-Fi MMO for gamers. Their original plan of having a 3D internet failed, and this is what we're left with today. The fact that MA will probably turn a profit in 2014 is big news, and shows that MA has made some positive steps. If MA had stayed ahead of the game from day one, they could have turned a profit every single year, and today, there would be way more active players involved in the game. If another game with similar gameplay, graphics, and functionality to EU came around, and it was better and cheaper, and was published by a company that directly responded to the playerbase, I think EU would die off. But, it's no secret that MA knows they're the only show in town, and that they can throw their weight around more than other companies that are in completely different industries with tons of competition. At this rate, I think it's quite obvious that MA is never going to fix bugs at the rate at which you and I think is necessary. Jan Welter Timkrans released a hogwash PR statement a while back about how MA was going to focus on bug fixes, and obviously that was more hot air coming out of MA's derriere. Like I said earlier, MA isn't really a true gaming company. They just don't get it, and they never will. Just look at MA's history, with high-ups being ousted, planet partners failing, PR people coming and going by the month, in-game systems still not online, and more. The game may need to be sold to a planet partner or a gaming company for it to actually achieve full potential. Right now, it's the same old story: hunting, crafting, and mining. Oh yeah, there's sweating too. Woo hoo! C'mon MA, the gaming systems need immediate and extreme expansion. No wonder why people get bored of the game.

MA has their planet partners and contracted support to be their frontmen, isolating them from the players. It's exactly what they wanted and has been working, but I've always thought that it's going to backfire on them at some point. We'll have to wait and see.

Player fragmentation is a big problem in EU, and the size of the universe has a huge economic downside when looking at the grand scheme of things.

Of course they might turn a profit in 2014, they are taking a huge rake from all the money cycling within the game. But, that is the assumption they don't scare everyone off with the terrible returns. They are getting too close to truly being a slot machine and in fact, as a former card counter, I could probably make the case (perhaps in the future) that is truly a disguised slot machine. The last two sentences were based on the fact that MindArk has apparently proven to the Swedish Gaming Officials that it is not a slot machine irrespective of any prevailing theory in the community that it is or not.

maybe they think more bug they have it will sqache all the bugs that are under

instead of news stuff they should focus on fixing what broken till its almost all fix there will alway be some sort of bug but it crazy when new patch come out

for myself i only have a few hours a day and had freind on when hunting together its alot of fun waiting to get back in the game or wating for them because of bad programing

if it is some poeple using old sofware like window xp they should post it up most poeple dont want to spend more money were its not needed

i just tried for the first time the holoween event i dont know what the programers were thingking

shooting mob that were getting stuck once in a while had to run over to get it unstuck then get all the mob on me beacuse i had to run trew the mobs

I hope one day we will not get this answer: " The Hit-boxes issue work as is intended. Don't worry if we make more bugs ,they will their own dynamic" ( to be intented as a joke!)
Since platform upgrade I haved alot of this "dynamic" problems with stability,EU client that close itself in middle of hunt... 50% Hp mob and when I relog was killed, mob regenete to his full HP.... I hope in future this thing will be fixed!!!

I am so frustrated right now, that I want to rant in my usual tone, and rage quit, and tell MA where they can shove thier bugs...but I won't because I know it won't get me anywhere.

I feel the same way.. But all I did was stop depositing and spend my time and cash on other games.
I logged in the other day and tried a hunt..700 peds and 4 crashes later I had less then 50% return on ammo only..all TT crap as well..:mad:
I logged off and deposited in another game...

Maybe I'll try EU again in a few weeks...

I disagree with u 100%.

Its exactly what they need. 1 Year of no new shit, just a year of number crunching and going over the bugs and ironing them out. No new planets, no new continents, moons, features. just fix what we have, get the game stability where it should be, balance out the loot pool, distributions, and all the other thousands of things the players have complained about..

Not what MA things the players want changed.

We don't need new textures on mobs.
We don't need new mobs
we don't need new areas
we don't need areas redone
we don't need new guns/items
we don't need new whatever else

what we do need is
bugs fixed.
Loot system actually balanced (fix this wave looting of items crap)
Remove exploits from the game or officially accept them as strategy. (A comprehensive list needs to be published and maintained by MA officials)
Get taming online ffs
Get the Melee amps in place
Get the content out that PPs submitted the last 2 or 3 years that has never surfaced.
Fix the bugs that the bug fixes and above caused.

You disagree with me 100% and then list new content what needs to be added (taming, melee amps...), I'm confused...?!

- First of all, you don't seem to have any clue about difference of PP and MA.
- Ahhh the loot... the fact is that at the moment Mindark/Entropia isn't doing good financially. They can't lower their cut.
- And without new content less volatile loot system leads to low MU lose-lose situation where none of "serious" players are happy.
- And what comes to loot distribution (which I think would be good thing)... old dogs don't learn new tricks if they aren't forced to it.
- New textures may reduce lag and increase server stability.
- MA can't fix wave looting of items if they don't change whole system what they have used for almost 10 years.

Of course they might turn a profit in 2014, they are taking a huge rake from all the money cycling within the game. But, that is the assumption they don't scare everyone off with the terrible returns. They are getting too close to truly being a slot machine and in fact, as a former card counter, I could probably make the case (perhaps in the future) that is truly a disguised slot machine. The last two sentences were based on the fact that MindArk has apparently proven to the Swedish Gaming Officials that it is not a slot machine irrespective of any prevailing theory in the community that it is or not.

Money deposited = Income for MA.

"Cycling PED ingame" has nothing to do with it. If you let your deposited PED sit on your PED card forever - doesn't make a difference. They made their money when you made the initial deposit.

MA might turn a profit in 2014 because they have been cutting their expenses like crazy the last few years.

Its down to location. And not hunting in a location where doing so is painful, as far as i can tell. But its hard arguing with stuborn people.

Shame you MA!

I am so happy i not depending on Entropia Universe anymore for having my online MMO fun...
Really a shame to see this balloon is still blown up over the back of so many good willing gamers...

Back