Debris In Space ( Really Cool )

holy shit... are those all satelites? it looks like it when i hover over them all

Wow! Soon, Elon Musk won't even be able to find a hole to get through to mars if he keeps filling it up like that. Maybe, that's the whole point.

My gosh its full of it. So much already up there surely they'll have to do something about it ...

Awww...
Imagine one day these things to start falling on the ground.
Would be a nice light show

In about ~20 years we will have finished an impenetrable metal shield of debris around earth.
Maybe it will protect us from an alien invasion...

But even more it isn't unlikely that a short visit to Mars will be the last spacefaring for the next millennia.
Because we will have cut ourselves off from manned and unmanned spacefare for the next 1000+ years, till the debris has cleared.

What kind of people are we that have already cluttered the earth orbit? How to deal with this horror? There are mountains of debris on the planet and they have already appeared in space.

the same people that are still proud about capitalism and the included destruction of our livelihood... obviously no problem, let's save the climate instead :laugh:

Wow! I knew there was a lot, but no idea. Look at all those rocket bodies- let alone other stuff. TY for sharing this

There is no denying there is a lot of crap up there......
However there is obviously an agenda behind how that is presented.

I just cant blindly take what I am spoon fed and start running around like chicken little when the sky was falling.

What would that same same presentation look like if everything was to scale?
How much of it has a known re-entry/burn up time?
etc......

Again not saying its not a problem, but I hate how no matter the topic every single presentation these days is so slanted you know if it exists, then it is slanted one way or the other :/

Average satellite / crap has size of big city? Yeah right. MAybe less than pixel on your monitor.

And to take account debris doesnt fly on same level like cars on earth but they have like thousands different heigths.

Edit; Nice video indeed, but dont draw too many conclusion based on it

Last edited:
1mil dollars? Is that an accurate quote?
It hurts my head to even think about what that means if it is actually $1mil.

ESA budget is roughly 7bil and NASA budget is roughly 22bil..........

Back