Question: Decay/Uses of new CDF weaps ?

Lucky_A

Alpha
Society
CRIMSON DEVILS
Lucky Angel Bob
Hi,

any1 has some insight yet to the decay or number of uses for the CDF weaps u can get now in exchange for daily tokens ?

They're not tradeable (no nova/fruit test possible), so was wondering how many shots a 60/80 pec TT weap can give u ... :scratch2:

Yet another reason to put exact decay info in item description... cmon MA do it finally...

Falagor
:bandit:

Are you not able to put the item in the sell window of the trade terminal? This is another way to do nova/fruit test.

If not then yeah... someone is going to have to keep an accurate count of the number of shots :eek:

I'm with Falagor, there's really no reason not to include decay information in the item's info window and then we don't have to worry about testing it.

Technically u r able to put it in the TT window ... but gives a nice message and shows 0.00 PED value ;)

Don't own a shopkeeper, so don't know if is possible to check via that option ... otherwise u need to keep accurate shoot count, indeed :laugh:

I want to say: buy amo for exactly 1k shoots -> go hunting -> and check TT value after that but...

oh wait you will loot amo that will screw this form of measurment ;).

So only thing left is coutning each shoot from 1k shoots manually and watching if there was no lag so all shoots are acounted ;). Or putting every looted amo into vehicle each time you loot a mob -> this seems least troublesome considering that you will hunt mobs that require ~10 shoots to kill so only 100 times you will need to: check how much amo youlooted in yoru loot window (loot window must be on) -> open vehicle -> put exact amount of just looted amo inside vehicle -> continue.

Falagor

Amp the weapon then work out the number of shots used by checking amp decay.

Do they show value in pvp trade??

Can you put them in shopkeeper pad?

They are not tradeable so I doubt it. So yeah I'll probably keep track of the decay via my beast amp. IF I remember not to repair it while using the CDF weapons. lol

Why bother to find out the weapon decay?

Just shoot the damn thing, and be thankful MA throw yet another unsellable item with no known stats.

Then you'll be happy to have something like this:

You inflicted 3.8 points of damage.
You inflicted 2.5 points of damage.
Target evaded attack.
Target evaded attack.
Target evaded attack.
Target evaded attack.
You inflicted 6.0 points of damage.
You inflicted 7.8 points of damage.
You inflicted 5.1 points of damage.
Target evaded attack.
Target evaded attack.
You inflicted 6.8 points of damage.
Critical hit - additional damage! You inflict 15.6 points of damage. -> last shot on mob, overkill
You inflicted 5.2 points of damage.
Target evaded attack.
You inflicted 2.8 points of damage.
Target evaded attack.
Target evaded attack.
You inflicted 7.0 points of damage.
You inflicted 4.0 points of damage.
You inflicted 5.5 points of damage.
Target evaded attack.
You inflicted 4.3 points of damage.
You take 4.9 points of damage.
Critical hit - additional damage! You inflict 15.7 points of damage.
Target evaded attack.
Target evaded attack.
You inflicted 4.0 points of damage.
Target evaded attack.
You inflicted 2.1 points of damage.
Target evaded attack.
Target evaded attack.
You inflicted 3.9 points of damage.
You have gained experience in your Aim skill. -> no shit!

Ok, have some preliminary results to share ;)

Tried the Emik Enigma L4 (L) CDF and logged 4903 shots via amp decay. Gun decay was 20 pec :eyecrazy:

This would mean something in the range of 18-19K shots possible with this 80 pec weap :scratch2: ... could it be that good ?! :eyecrazy:

Maybe some1 can share if results are similar on this or other CDF weaps ... hard to believe I didn't messed up somewhere in calcs :laugh:

The sound you hear is the corpse of weapon markup being stabbed with an MA-brand rusty pitchfork.

I guess they work like the RX Edition guns etc, in which case the total cost per shot (ammo + decay) will be the same as the regular version. So if you know the decay of the regular version you can work out the CDF decay by looking at the difference in ammo use.

I wasn't sure whether these weapons were tradeable or not so thanks for confirming that they aren't, but this is extremely annoying. Considering I usually pay around 105% for my (L) guns, or use unlimited, these CDF weapons are almost totally worthless to me.

Ok, have some preliminary results to share ;)

Tried the Emik Enigma L4 (L) CDF and logged 4903 shots via amp decay. Gun decay was 20 pec :eyecrazy:

This would mean something in the range of 18-19K shots possible with this 80 pec weap :scratch2: ... could it be that good ?! :eyecrazy:

Maybe some1 can share if results are similar on this or other CDF weaps ... hard to believe I didn't messed up somewhere in calcs :laugh:

The cost of using the Emik Enigma L4 (L) CDF ought to at the very least not less than 18.415 pec, that is the decay + ammo of the UL gun. In case of a < 1 ped weapon, it probably should be a bit more. Remember the L4 MM Editions and issues with markup of regular ones?

The sound you hear is the corpse of weapon markup being stabbed with an MA-brand rusty pitchfork.

There are two problems with the cdf weapons:
  1. They are much better for people using weapons in sib, as the sib period is twice as long. At the very least to the playerbase that uses non-maxed weapons, these are better.
  2. Like the MM/ELM editions, these largely use ammo only. As no MU changes hands (implied or real MU), these should have higher tt cost than a similar MM edition, or weapon markup is put under huge pressure.

The problem with number 2 is that it establishes an implied markup for guns. The trouble with not establishing it is that presently it tends towards 100%.

I wasn't sure whether these weapons were tradeable or not so thanks for confirming that they aren't, but this is extremely annoying. Considering I usually pay around 105% for my (L) guns, or use unlimited, these CDF weapons are almost totally worthless to me.

Yes, but there are still a lot of guns going for 115-135%, and people making MU Peds off of these.

I want to say: buy amo for exactly 1k shoots -> go hunting -> and check TT value after that but...

oh wait you will loot amo that will screw this form of measurment ;).

So only thing left is coutning each shoot from 1k shoots manually and watching if there was no lag so all shoots are acounted ;). Or putting every looted amo into vehicle each time you loot a mob -> this seems least troublesome considering that you will hunt mobs that require ~10 shoots to kill so only 100 times you will need to: check how much amo youlooted in yoru loot window (loot window must be on) -> open vehicle -> put exact amount of just looted amo inside vehicle -> continue.

Falagor

The ammo looted will not be in same stack than the ammo you got from the TT. Should be possible that way. Though you have to check from time to time so you will not use the looted ammo too. Tricky.

The cost of using the Emik Enigma L4 (L) CDF ought to at the very least not less than 18.415 pec, that is the decay + ammo of the UL gun. In case of a < 1 ped weapon, it probably should be a bit more.

Your idea & Oleg's make sense ... the L4 CDF takes 1841 ammo/shot. If we take 18.415 as reference total cost/shot, then that means 0.005 decay/shot for the weap.

At 80 pec tt with 3% limit results in : 15520 total shots possible with this weap ... not bad at all :)

As for the MU, idk what to say ... thing is these weaps are not that easy to obtain - it does take 1-2 weeks to gather the tokens and those r not tradeable, so u rly have to make those daily missions :laugh:

The ammo looted will not be in same stack than the ammo you got from the TT. Should be possible that way. Though you have to check from time to time so you will not use the looted ammo too. Tricky.

MA broke that when they tried fixing the game after they broke it when they added in the stupid <0.00 TT stacks of ammo to loot. Now instead of a bought stack and a looted stack of ammo its now all put in the same stack.

Looking at the token trader, all the EWE LC-* CDF weapons have the same ammo + decay as listed for the cost in Entropedia where its known. The exception is LC-300 (L), however it matches that of LC-300 UL, so I suspect a mistake on the LC-300(L). Isis LC-55 and LC-60 also match.

Back