Deposit Question

AzureSun

Young
Has anyone else had the problem of the credit card company wanting MA to call them to verify the deposit? I have deposited many times before with the same card and now this happens. I sent in a support case asking if it is even possible and will let other know what happens. Darn credit company I want my copy of the Entropian.
Good luck all and have fun.

I heard someone complaining of something similar yesterday and I mentioned it in IRC. Then I crashed and the guy left. :/

Visa or Mastercard told him that they are witholding payment becsue he was a new card user and they classified PE as a gambling venture. Its their policy to protect thier new card holders from going into debt by online gambling.

If the dude who was in PA chatting to me yesterday sees this please post all the details.

Yeah, Bank of America for example will not process any payments to Mindark. It seems they have MA classified in the same manner, but actually stated that they felt MA was a "Fraudulent Merchant" and wouldn't do business with them on behalf of protecting their clients.

If Visa and Mastercard are saying the same thing, then it won't be long before most, if not all, of the major credit card companies and banks adopt the same posture towards Mindark.

Rough times ahead I predict.

time for banktransfers, like i have been doing from the start

Hmm, looks like people will have to use PaybyCash and other middle men for payment if the card companies continue this. :rolleyes:

Pretender said:
time for banktransfers, like i have been doing from the start

Well yeah, but of Bank of America (One of the biggest banks in the US) and Visa and Mastercard (Arguably the biggest credit card companies in the world) are adopting this posture then it won't be long before ALL banks take this stance...and bank transfers won't go either.

I hate using middlemen, but 2 of my 5 deposits since starting last December were through paybycash via Western Union payments.

Of course though my last deposit was April 15th of this year, and hopefully this won't be an issue for me since I don't plan on depositing again any time soon - unless of course I hit the lottery, my wife DOESN'T find out and MA releases another TI or Space Station :laugh: - Even then probably not.

I suggest writing your financial institutions a letter stating that this is YOUR money and they work FOR YOU, if you don't get the services you require, then you will move your funds and/or business elsewhere.

It Works.

Crosis said:
I suggest writing your financial institutions a letter stating that this is YOUR money and they work FOR YOU, if you don't get the services you require, then you will move your funds and/or business elsewhere.

It Works.

Yup :D

Without you they are nothing but another 2bit loan shark company

Crosis said:

It Works.

:laugh: Yeah, that should go over well with Visa and Mastercard...I imagine they'll say, "Pffft! Don't let the door hit you in the ... on the way out." After all, where will you go without them?

Trakkur said:
:laugh: Yeah, that should go over well with Visa and Mastercard...I imagine they'll say, "Pffft! Don't let the door hit you in the ... on the way out." After all, where will you go without them?

to one of thier many competitors?

Redoaks said:
to one of thier many competitors?

Ok, other then Discover (Bleah!), American Express...who would you recommend outside of Visa and Mastercard. They are the biggest credit companies in the US, and have ties into the Bank Debit cards for most, if not all US Banks.

Trakkur said:
Ok, other then Discover (Bleah!), American Express...who would you recommend outside of Visa and Mastercard. They are the biggest credit companies in the US, and have ties into the Bank Debit cards for most, if not all US Banks.

Thats ALL the credit card companies in the US?

Redoaks said:
Thats ALL the credit card companies in the US?

I have no idea if that's all of them, but my point is that they are the BIGGEST and if the big guys take this angle the little ones are sure to follow.

Believe me I'm NOT arguing with you on this, I'm simply saying it's not as easy as just leaving Visa or Mastercard. Their names are quite literally on the back of almost EVERY Bank Debit/ATM card. If they take a hard line on this it could easily have a negative impact on lots of US customers of MA.

Has anyone spoken to MA/Marco on this? Is there some sort of comment from them?

Trakkur said:
I have no idea if that's all of them, but my point is that they are the BIGGEST and if the big guys take this angle the little ones are sure to follow.

Believe me I'm NOT arguing with you on this, I'm simply saying it's not as easy as just leaving Visa or Mastercard. Their names are quite literally on the back of almost EVERY Bank Debit/ATM card. If they take a hard line on this it could easily have a negative impact on lots of US customers of MA.

It used to be the case here in England, they had you over a barrel over EVERYTHING, however we now have lots of up and coming creditcard companies who are chipping into thier market share for the better.

Its so wrong when companies play these games.

Yeah. I agree, after all like someone else said - it's YOUR money, not theirs. What business of theirs is it how you choose to spend the money...and even credit..you'd think they'd be ALL for it. "Sure, go ahead and charge that $100,000 for a piece of code in a virtual game world." We don't care as long as you pay it back...with interest. :laugh:

Trakkur said:
Yeah. I agree, after all like someone else said - it's YOUR money, not theirs. What business of theirs is it how you choose to spend the money...and even credit..you'd think they'd be ALL for it. "Sure, go ahead and charge that $100,000 for a piece of code in a virtual game world." We don't care as long as you pay it back...with interest. :laugh:

Well surely all they need to do is clamp down on your credit limit so you cannot go into crazy debt...

However when i was unemployed for 2 years with little prospect I was offered a 10k credit limit with a 20k if preapproved purchase,... yeah right sod that for a game of chess....

You could still stick it up to them and go through another method. They have nothing to gain by withholding payments, all they are likely to do is loose business.

Yeah, except for my first 3 initial PE deposits off my CC the other 2 were through paybycash..mostly to keep the money spent private. But it's only $300 ths far, and like I said if I was to make another deposit - which is unlikely - it won't be by CC anyway since the wife would have a cow. :laugh:

Thank you all for the replys. Bank of America is the bad guy here. I am going to call them again. Thanks again all.

MA Should Enable Us To Pay By Paypal..
I Don't Trust Middle Men No Offence..
But Paypal Was Designed And Created By E-Bay..
And I've Been Using Them Years..
i Have Like Over £700 On My Paypal Account Ready For The Day We Can Use Paypal On PE Without Using MiddleMen That Take a Percentage...

Last edited:
Trakkur said:
Yeah, except for my first 3 initial PE deposits off my CC the other 2 were through paybycash..mostly to keep the money spent private. But it's only $300 ths far, and like I said if I was to make another deposit - which is unlikely - it won't be by CC anyway since the wife would have a cow. :laugh:

$300 to play a game? Hope your wife really loves you.

I cannot even get the game to install because of the ftp issues.

depositing issues

Hi I have had problems in the past with depositing. I dont even try anymore though PE. I use Game Time Info found in the transfer section of your login screen and have never had a problem using it. the nice part is they use PayPal so you can have it taken out of your checking account so there are no intrest and they take euros 1000 oed is 83,99 euros or 103 usd and change , Works great hope it helps ya out.

Whi a bank take such actions?
Whi MA dose nothing to disclaim something like this?
In my opinion MA should sue this financial institutions, or admit that they are right and we should think twice before depositing...

DeathSythe said:
MA Should Enable Us To Pay By Paypal..
I Don't Trust Middle Men No Offence..
But Paypal Was Designed And Created By E-Bay..
And I've Been Using Them Years..
i Have Like Over £700 On My Paypal Account Ready For The Day We Can Use Paypal On PE Without Using MiddleMen That Take a Percentage...

dont know about that I am an cumstomer of paypal for an long long time.
It used to be calll xbank or somthing like that and was an full service bank (memory very foggy) could by all types of things like stocks/cd's. then they changed over to paypal, and at some point ebay which I also had an account with took them over. so they where not designed by ebay.

http://x.com ;) brings you to the new paypal site but that was the orgianal name for paypal and it was an full bank and not an service like it is today.

paypal would be an nice option for PE if they dont accept it already? let me look ; thought they did accept paypal ?

lol I looked but could have swore many an long time ago they used to take pay pal ? but they dont seem to take it anymore ;(

Last edited:
I hate using middlemen, but 2 of my 5 deposits since starting last December were through paybycash via Western Union payments.

can i deposit via western union?...how?

Trakkur said:

can i deposit via western union?

Hmm I use paynova to deposit, havent had any problems with them.

Klod said:
Hmm I use paynova to deposit, havent had any problems with them.

I used to use Paynova but my credit card started charging me a 2.5% fee as they changed its classification to a 'Cash Advance' (was a Mastercard and the rules about the classification had been passed down from Mastercard themselves, the credit card company were just implementing the rules).

I told paynova about this who were most indignant and asked me to contact my credit card company again which I did but to no avail.

I dont know if this still happens because I don't use Paynova now and they never replied to me stating it was sorted out.

I would be interested to know though.

Rusty

Havent noticed any 2.5% fee but cant be sure. Its shown seperatly if so I guess?

I have wondered that I have depositted two times and haven't noticed any charge on my credit card (Diners club) I have wondered this and waited MA to charge my credit card so I could have that activation code for my credit card. Dunno then should I activate my card before I have golden card from PE.

Any opinions?

Back