Depositors Special(s)?

Should there be specials for depositors?

• Yes. Having something to show for deposits apart from looting luck would be nice.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • No. I am satisfied with the buying power from my deposit.

Votes: 75 36.9%
  • Other - I will explain.

Votes: 9 4.4%

• Total voters
Don't give me stupid gifts, give me friggin' loot and I'll be happy.

I've been here since 2003. I'm bored these days not because the gameplay is redundant (it always has been) but because the loot is awful and all my friends login about 20-30% of what they used to.

What's the cure? LOOT! Give us incentive again.

Where does the loot come from? Friggin' advertise the damn game already, get more people playing.

The fewer people that play the worse the returns will be, it's a fact, MA/FPC has fixed overhead costs and investment costs to cover (ie CE2 and hardware to support the upcoming expansion).

Don't make 3000 active players bare the cost alone. 20K+ players would allow the burden to be split at a rate that is more acceptable. This would also make the game more interesting concerning social interaction and would drive demand for items thus stimulating the economy.

And in the end, happy players don't need retarded worthless gifts to keep them going.

No offense to the OP, I understand your desire to get SOMETHING from the game especially if you aren't getting all the things a RCE MMO promises.

I Agree to the OP in many ways, except i also concur with the people that say LOOT is the issue, which it is.

And for all you non-depositors whining about the OP, get a life.

Its a huge difference between someone that's a multimillionaire IRL and deposits a few hundred kped to get going in the game, and doesnt "profit" due to lack of knowledge or whatnot, and someone barely making it IRL but taking the risks in depositing just to be able to pay for a hunt/mining run.

The problem in my eyes is, no matter how you twist and turn it, without depositors no game, so infact, yes, depositors should perhaps even be granted better loot than non-depositors due to the fact that they pay for the whole universe to be online.

If anyone doesnt agree with me, then youre wrong, simple as that :D

// Exo's two pecs.

I Agree to the OP in many ways, except i also concur with the people that say LOOT is the issue, which it is.

And for all you non-depositors whining about the OP, get a life.

Agreed.
No non-depo can survive in this game off the game.
We only survive by making money off of other people... and if no one has money, we're screwed.

So yes, deposit more :silly2:
And I agree, loot sucks.

"I deposited 25,000 PED into Entropia Universe... and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt"

;)

First thought was: hey cool, something extra for me, and for "free".

Second thought (after reading the thread):
Does it realy matter?
Deposited peds can be used for/to the same thing as peds earned ingame. More peds for my deposits?
This can always be taken advantage of by the players (and EU will be full of "bonus whoring").
Items for peds deposited, well it sounds like fun, but usable items can always be used to make peds in one way or another from the comunity (or MA), dont think that the end result of this is that good either.

I am quite happy with the advantages that I already get as a depositor (not spending almost 2 months to sweat to afford one hunt), and with the extra gifts for holidays.

Kost for one hunt (for me):
400ped ammo + amp repair + new L gun 200ped = 650ped
(2.5 hours to get 1k sweat=5ped
650ped / 5ped*2.5hours= 325 hour of sweating
just over 54 days of sweating for one hunt (with 6 hours a day of sweating)

No, no, NO! That's exactly one of the things I like about EU. Whether you choose to deposit or not, everyone has access to all things, and yes, while I do agree loot distribution is truly screwed up and quite a bunch of times people get rewards they didn't really deserve, do really want to incentive MA to give a few the "premium" treatment even further? :scratch2: Think about it a second. First, it'll start with a small perk, a little (L) gun or armor, a way to say "thank you". Okay, got no problems with that. Soon after, past a certain money deposited threshold, it might be equipment that gives a considerable advantage compared to similar equipment of that level, and guess what? Only someone who had deposited that amount, could only use it, no matter if the origial owner sold it. See where I'm going? That could potentially break the economy.

You are right MA should give something more to peoples that deposit, like better loot. I'm sure that if this happen some of the non deposit will start to deposit. I use to deposit more but since the loots are not getting better I cut it down to about 25% of what I use to deposit and I'm sure others did the same. This game need money to operate if they start to lose to much money it will end the game. So if MA want me to deposit more they have to make sure its pay me to do so (better loot). This is a great game to play but could end if they dont have enought money. Peoples want better look and less lag in game but that cost money to do.

I agree with the OP along the lines of wanting to have something to show for deposits. I don't think we can start treating depositers special, because that will mess up the system. Unfortunately the sinking feeling I find many times is that depositers receive less luck and may lose peds more quickly so that MA can get the next deposit more quickly. Just a feeling....

70k ped deposited and 12 months later I have a 1111 Narc to show for it. Faithfully I depo 10k ped per month. What do I have to show for it? NRF, NRF, NRF NRF, III, NRF NRF.........

So yeh, I think MA should throw something out the for the depositor's. Most of us are going to throw the extra peds into our avi anyway so it's not like they are loosing money. That's marketing. Put the ped out there, the player tells his friends, they tell there's. Everybody depo's, MA makes money and everyone is freaking happy! Doing horrible after faithfully depo'ing heavily every month is a serious morale killer.

I am pretty darn sure I am not the only person that feels this way. I understand the economy isn't worth wiping your caboose with right now but geez. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer I guess?

70k ped deposited and 12 months later I have a 1111 Narc to show for it. Faithfully I depo 10k ped per month. What do I have to show for it? NRF, NRF, NRF NRF, III, NRF NRF.........

So yeh, I think MA should throw something out the for the depositor's. Most of us are going to throw the extra peds into our avi anyway so it's not like they are loosing money. That's marketing. Put the ped out there, the player tells his friends, they tell there's. Everybody depo's, MA makes money and everyone is freaking happy! Doing horrible after faithfully depo'ing heavily every month is a serious morale killer.

I am pretty darn sure I am not the only person that feels this way. I understand the economy isn't worth wiping your caboose with right now but geez. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer I guess?

Again that pretty much sums up what i meant with my earlier post, i totally agree!

Many of you got the point, me being on purpose vague about what exactly those specials should be.

What I am a bit surprised of is the uproar from non-depositors shouting "omg, depositors will have an advantage".

I do think that is why we play this RCE no?

You don't need to kill 5.000 hours the same mob for a weapon you want, but you can buy it with your elsewhere earned money. In other games people complain about the grind for upgrade armor, weapon, skills and else. Here you can, if you don't want to spend the time, buy it. You don't have to, but you can. (Ok, I leave aside that the droprates are hidden somewhere in there dark, but someone said "Every item still can drop")

So, I don't see anything bad about depositors getting a clear and noticable advantage to non-depositors. But I have also never been the person to complain, why high skilled people got higher loots, THAT was the reason I started skilling at all and what kept me going.

NOW there is no reason to keep going, because its just mere "dynamics". You can hunt Hogs for 30 days and hit nothing, go TP run, kill Snable hit 5k.

Right now, it doesn't matter really, unless you mantra that "Eco Eco Eco" yadda yadda day in and day out. I have still PMs from ECO fans, in my box, that haven't been online the past 6 month...probably thinking "Omg, I was ECO ECO ECO and still losing, omg its so bad".

Well, I am still here, I deposit, I want an advantage to that fucking noob that thinks he can score big by just creating an account. Period.

(And yeah, I tilt on every XK loot with a fucking Shogun Noob in picture :D)

interesting thread

Last edited:
Back